[Book Spoilers] Episode 5 Preview

I have this scenario playing out in my head based on the book and this preview that I'd love to see play out on the screen.

At the end of the episode, after the clan people are defeated by Catelyn, Tyrion and company, we get the quick piece of dialogue where Tyrion and Catelyn discuss the dagger, and learn how Littlefinger's story couldn't be true because Tyrion would never bet against Jaime. The scene ends with both of them looking a little perplexed, and then it cuts to the previewed shot of Littlefinger's back, standing alone staring at the throne, and the screen fades to black and the episode ends.

/prays

So, is this the episode where Ned's leg gets hurt?

Shit is going to hit the fan.

Yep. And depending on where it falls in the episode, it would give us the first opportunity to see a Tower of Joy dream sequence since he has that dream while recovering. I really, really hope we get to see that in some form. I just recently re-read it, and the dialogue gives me chills.

I have this scenario playing out in my head based on the book and this preview that I'd love to see play out on the screen.

At the end of the episode, after the clan people are defeated by Catelyn, Tyrion and company, we get the quick piece of dialogue where Tyrion and Catelyn discuss the dagger, and learn how Littlefinger's story couldn't be true because Tyrion would never bet against Jaime. The scene ends with both of them looking a little perplexed, and then it cuts to the previewed shot of Littlefinger's back, standing alone staring at the throne, and the screen fades to black and the episode ends.

/prays

:thumbsup:

Yep. And depending on where it falls in the episode, it would give us the first opportunity to see a Tower of Joy dream sequence since he has that dream while recovering. I really, really hope we get to see that in some form. I just recently re-read it, and the dialogue gives me chills.

Ain't gonna happen. My guess, at least.

/prays

That sounds great. I really hope they elect to go in that direction.

/prays

That sounds good, I can see the transition to the previewed shot of Littlefinger's back after the clan people's attack happening, but I don't think it will end the episode. I think it will end with Jaime and Ned's fight or Bronn's "Ill stand for the dwarf" (although the episode probably won't get this far).

Interesting that they show nothing from the tournament in the preview. The Westeros.org gallery for the episode shows several screen shots from the tournament. I am wondering whether the Hound actually jousts in the episode, or only saves Loras from the Mountain? The picture of Loras raising Sandor's arm would imply he's giving him the victory, but the other pictures show him standing behind Joffrey.

Mysterious lack of Jon/The Night's Watch, could this be the episode with the wights in castle black?

One of the reviews (the people who have seen the first 6 eps) mentioned the Castle Black story goes on a 2-week hiatus. So I wouldn't expect to see much, if any, of Jon in the next two episodes. Too bad because Castle Black is being handled pretty well IMO, but honestly the events elsewhere will be so exciting that it might be a bit of a downer to go back to watching Jon scrubbing tables and practicing swords in between. Plenty of other stuff going on for now, I think it's good if they start focusing on a few things of importance each episode and really let them play out instead of trying to cover every single angle. And really, it's like that in the books too, sometimes characters and locations go away for a while (even almost for entire books) and then you're really glad when they reappear ("absence makes the heart grow fonder").

I don't think they want to do too many dream sequences, it makes it harder for the audience to follow. The Tower of Joy scene is really important though, so I think they'll move it to episode 8 or 9 when Ned is in the dungeons instead of showing us the Harrenhal flashback.

I don't think they want to do too many dream sequences, it makes it harder for the audience to follow. The Tower of Joy scene is really important though, so I think they'll move it to episode 8 or 9 when Ned is in the dungeons instead of showing us the Harrenhal flashback.

I hope to fuck that they show his fight against the three kingsguard.

I hope to fuck that they show his fight against the three kingsguard.

I doubt it. Surely we would have heard something about the casting of the character by now? Though I suppose it's possible they've gone out of their way to keep it under wraps.

I am hoping we'll get some sort of vague flashblack, but if we do, I bet it'll be a woman, who won't be clearly identified, telling Ned, "Promise me..."

There's actually a lot of characters whose casting haven't been revealed who nevertheless must be in the show this season. Miri Maz Duur immediately comes to mind. And there are characters who have already had lines in the show and who were never mentioned, like Ser Hugh. I think I read somewhere that this season had 162 speaking parts. That's obviously a LOT more than all that were revealed initially.

/prays

Don't think that'll happen. Pretty sure that Littlefinger shot is from a scene where he has a one-on-one chat with Varys the Spider. Which is even more awesome.

I forgot all about Miri Maz Duur. You're right I suppose it is possible. Still, I'd rather not get my hopes up to see the fight. In order to save time and money casting, I still think we'll probably just get Lyanna's "Promise me" at most. i'd be happy to be wrong though. ;)

1. Mirri Maz Duur's casting has indeed been announced. Check WiCnet's cast page.

2. The Jon Snow story seems to go on full hiatus for episodes 5 and 6, as he doesn't take his vows until episode 7. I don't believe much else happens in his story until then, so we might get a scene or two of Jon-Sam bonding - perhaps Jon convincing Aemon to take Sam on, but that's it for the next two weeks.

Archived