Where are the sigil's what?

#22 Juba

Juba

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

This is another example of taking lines from the book and not making sure it makes sense with what is on film. You shouldn't have to screen-grab to see what's being spoken of.

And for the life of me, I just can't understand the producers decision to downplay the heraldry--it has the advantage of being true to the books and the period that inspired the setting, as well as a visual cue to keep track of the various factions--and much cooler to boot.

As it is, aside from the Lannister men-at-arms--who are so goofy looking and inappropriate that they kill all immersion whenever they appear on screen--the retinue's all look the same. How hard is it to sew small heraldry badges on whatever leather/padded armour they give them?

Another thing--does the Bracken dude have a bad French accent or is it just me?

#23 Lord of Brewtown

Lord of Brewtown

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

Juba - agree. I would think this would be about the cheapest part of the costume too. Just sew some artwork on, or have them wear a cheap tabard, probably easier/less costly than the shields.

I did notice the Bracken shield during first viewing; but, not the bat of Harrenhall

#24 Morrigan

Morrigan

Crone of War

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

When she said "coat" maybe she meant coat-of-arms or something like that?

I just rewatched that episode. And she says "sewn on your surcoat", so no, she didn't mean it as "coat-of-arms". I have NO idea how such a glaring mistake could have slipped by. Surely even the actors would have pointed out, "wait, what am I saying? there's nothing sewn on his coat", "by golly you're right there's nothing sewn on my coat!". Dunno WTF happened here.