[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 Preview

TheEvilKing

It would be if it's in the show at all, which I doubt.

I kind of doubt it as well, which is a shame since it's easily the best scene in the first book by far. Why would you adapt a book and leave out the best scene in the book?

However, back on topic... I am very excited about the Bronn duel, is it going to be in ep 6? I suspect Bronn stepping forward could be the cliffhanger ending, or possibly just Tyrion asking for the trial by combat.

I'm still standing by my assertion that Robert getting gored will be the cliffhanger.

Xfinity is Comcast's website, since Comcast is my provider for HBO whenever I try to use HBO Go it links me to Xfinity instead.

I think it just wants you to log in. HBO Go needs to verify your subscription and you need to log in to Xfinity to do it. The same thing happened to me when I tried to use it the first time. I logged into Xfinity and it redirected me back to HBOGO and I was able to watch episodes.

Good luck.

My suspicion is that Tyrion's fate will be the cliffhanger and we'll have his trial this ep and the fight next.

Hmm now that I think of it, it doesn't show Bronn fighting in this preview but it showed it in that commercial that talked about watching episode 7 early. That doesn't confirm the fight is in episode 7 but if it is then what good parts do we have to look forward to besides the crowning? I can't think of any other awesome scenes from the book.

what of the little attack by the deserters/wildinglings near winterfall? The scene when the deserters from the nights watch and some wilidnglings try to attack robb and bran, but theon saves them. I am not sure where it exactly falls off the top of my head though. That could be in the episode.

and there is also the scene with jon and sam taking their vows and ghost finding the dead hand, though not sure if that is going to be in this episode.

what of the little attack by the deserters/wildinglings near winterfall? The scene when the deserters from the nights watch and some wilidnglings try to attack robb and bran, but theon saves them. I am not sure where it exactly falls off the top of my head though. That could be in the episode.

and there is also the scene with jon and sam taking their vows and ghost finding the dead hand, though not sure if that is going to be in this episode.

I read somewhere that this episode will still have no Wall scenes.

I see, I am hoping for maybe one scene with the nights watch, though I can see them moving what goes on there to a latter episode.

I am curious to see when the fight with Osha and the wildlings/night watch desters will be. do others suppose this episode or a latter one?

Spoilersguide shows the following in this episode..

Reinstated as the Hand, Ned sits for the King while Robert is on a hunt, and issues a decree that could have long-term consequences throughout the Seven Kingdoms.

At the Eyrie, Tyrion confesses to his “crimes,” and demands that Lysa give him a trial by combat.

Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) apologizes to Sansa;

Viserys receives his final payment for Daenerys from Drogo (Jason Mamoa).

I think it just wants you to log in. HBO Go needs to verify your subscription and you need to log in to Xfinity to do it. The same thing happened to me when I tried to use it the first time. I logged into Xfinity and it redirected me back to HBOGO and I was able to watch episodes.

Good luck.

Same here. I have Comcast/Xfinity and once I verified through Xfinity's website I was able to watch content on HBO Go with no problem.

Mods, I apologize for what I was discussing in my deleted post (I got the hint! ;)). Won't happen again.

Regarding the lack of NW scenes, I don't think anything really happens up there chronologically until after Vis gets crowned anyway. Even if it does, I'd be okay with them cutting the Wall out save for a training scene or added dialogue scene. This past episode was by far the best in terms of pacing because they chose to narrow their focus a bit.

Speaking of the trial by combat between Bronn and Ser Vardis...isn't that knight supposed to be much older? Not that I am complaining, but that dude looks pretty badass. Perhaps we will get to see Bronn using 2 swords in this fight.

On a side note, HBO-Go is one of my favorite apps. Sign up via DirecTV took about 1 minute. The streaming content for GoT is fantastic.

I kind of doubt it as well, which is a shame since it's easily the best scene in the first book by far. Why would you adapt a book and leave out the best scene in the book?

The way I see it, this is the first of two chances they will have to show the Tower of Joy flashback, the other being when Ned hallucinates in the dungeons. I really hope it makes it in some form, the entire scene reads like a movie script as it is with the dialogue going back and forth between Ned and the Kingsguard.

Dayne pulling out Dawn and saying,"So now it begins." And then Ned, sadly unsheathing his blade and calmly replying,"No, now it ends." With blue rose petals blowing in the background and Lyanna crying out in pain... this scene could really be epic.

The way I see it, this is the first of two chances they will have to show the Tower of Joy flashback, the other being when Ned hallucinates in the dungeons. I really hope it makes it in some form, the entire scene reads like a movie script as it is with the dialogue going back and forth between Ned and the Kingsguard.

Dayne pulling out Dawn and saying,"So now it begins." And then Ned, sadly unsheathing his blade and calmly replying,"No, now it ends." With blue rose petals blowing in the background and Lyanna crying out in pain... this scene could really be epic.

That scene is so epic. It also establishes a romanticism for the Kingguard.

"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.

"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."

"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.

"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.

I love that passage and I love how each of the kingsguard seem to be finishing eachother's lines. And then you have Lyanna screaming in the background and then, "Promise me, Ned." I would love to see that. It probably won't be in Episode 6, because that scene is all about romanticism and Ran has already said that he felt the series lacked a lot of the romanticism of the novel. IT could conceiveably work better when Ned is having his dreams in the dungeon later on as you have pointed out.

So here's hoping.

Archived