[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 Preview

TheEvilKing

If it were me making this show, I wouldn't show that Dream. In a show this heavy on number of characters, I would just leave in a flashback to another time with other characters out of it. You've got to find ways to cut characters out.

I would probably show Lyanna on her deathbed, but that's it.

I'm guessing they won't show ToJ as well. It would be cool to see as a flashback, but how exactly would they describe who/where/why/etc is fighting? It's not hard to explain in a book, but to jump to it in a show that has had zero flashbacks so far, to a new location, with a bunch of new characters - seems like it would be tough to do. Plus it would probably be too expensive to find and shoot a new location just for one short scene.

And have they even mentioned the Kingsguard by name in the show? We've only actually seen Jaime and Barristan, with matching armor and all, but no sign of the other 5 at all.

When did the ToJ scene get described in the book? It's been a long time since I read it but I always thought it was during Ned's dungeon hallucinations... now I'm not too sure.

It's immediately (i.e. the start of Ned's next chapter) after the fight with Jaime, when he's all feverish from having his leg broken.

Also I don't think the crown will melt over V's head like it did in the book...I think it will set him on fire (one preview showed a person on the floor covered in fire). I imagine this would cause a huge bitchfest as well.

That's what I'm worried about... I would completely understand given how difficult that would be to do realistically... but I will be pretty disappointed if they don't.

Not in a "OMG they're ruining the book!" fanboy way, just in a "I've been waiting for that since I read it" sorta way.

As long as he bites it, there really isn't any cause for a bitchfest (not to say there won't be one).

The melting point of gold is 1947.52 °F - chances are good that the flames are realistic. Well, as much as melting gold over a cookfire in the first place.

OTOH, could they be bringing forward (or is it time for) the scene in Mormont's tower? That would also involve bodies in flames, after all.

Also I don't think the crown will melt over V's head like it did in the book...I think it will set him on fire (one preview showed a person on the floor covered in fire). I imagine this would cause a huge bitchfest as well.

I would probably take part of said bitchfest. What's the point of having extremely graphical and memorable scenes in the source material but not using them for the show? It's not like it's too extreme or anything like that, especially not for HBO, and I think the whole "crowning" thing is a very poetic piece of the story. It's so good, it should be on the show.

OTOH, could they be bringing forward (or is it time for) the scene in Mormont's tower? That would also involve bodies in flames, after all.

In fact I believe this to be correct. The scene with the burning man from one of the preview clips looks like a Castle Black interior, rather than a Dothraki hut.

I'd be surprised if HBO didn't give Viserys's demise the most gruesome true-to-the book treatment. They certainly haven't flinched in that arena thus far.

The thing I am most looking forward to in this episode is that hopefully Robb Stark will finally get a decent amount of screen time. His fight with the Wildlings is one of my favorite ASOIAF fight scenes. It could potentially be just as intense as the fight at the end of ep. 5, and the backdrop of the "dark and scary" forest could really add to the tone.

In fact I believe this to be correct. The scene with the burning man from one of the preview clips looks like a Castle Black interior, rather than a Dothraki hut.

From What I understand, Jon isn't even going to be in the show again until episode 7, which is when the NW recruits are sworn in. The episode description for episode 8 says "Jon lashes out at Ser Alliser Thorne and battles a mysterious attacker from beyond the Wall." So I would assume that is the episode with the scene you are referring to.

I'd be surprised if HBO didn't give Viserys's demise the most gruesome true-to-the book treatment. They certainly haven't flinched in that arena thus far.

Oh, you could be right. If so then ignore me. The body was shaking like the person was alive so I didn't think it was a Wight. Who knows.

Archived