A Song of Ice and Fire [Slipcase Editions]

Buster

Release date came and went, now it's 'out of stock'... i't been over 2 weeks...

Got SOS today, big book, quality same as before, not bad, not great, but better than regular HC editions. Nice surprise was how good packaging was, Book Depository usually don't bubblewrap books, but this was. I will order

"A feast for Crows" later, i expect that 'quality' for that stays the same.

do you think it would mean something if we all emailed harper collins and criticize the poor quality of the editions so that they might consider taking some action?

I’d say, yes. But I’d also urge you to keep it polite, because then your opinion will be taken more seriously. And try to be specific (“I would have preferred sewn binding”, not “the quality is shitty”).

As to “taking action”, I wouldn’t expect more than a promise to do better in future editions.

Oh, and from the pics which have been posted it looks like the old versions of the maps are being used? So if anyone is writing to HarperCollins, perhaps you could mention that it would have been nice to have the redrawn maps in this edition? (Provided you agree with this …)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received the complete set of five of these. If anyone's interested...

The maps in each book don't really make any sense. aGoT has a pointless Slavers Bay alongside the standard Westeros ones, then all the subsequent books feature every other map to date with the exception of Essos. Then aDwD includes a re-drawn-in-the-earlier-style Essos. The sigils on the front and back are quite nice:

A Game Of Thrones:

Stark Direwolf

Lannister Lion

Baratheon Stag

Targaryen Dragon

Arryn Moon and Falcon

A Clash Of Kings:

Baratheon Stag

Lannister Lion

Stark Direwolf

Greyjoy Kraken

Targaryen Dragon

A Storm Of Swords:

Lannister Lion

Stark Direwolf

Martell Sun & Spear

Frey Twin Towers

Tully Trout

A Feast For Crows:

Greyjoy Kraken

Stark Direwolf

Martell Sun & Spear

Lannister Lion

Tyrell Rose

A Dance With Dragons:

Targaryen Dragon

Stark Direwolf

Lannister Lion

Tyrell Rose

Greyjoy Kraken

All in all very pleased with it. Other than sending three of them back due to damage.....but that's Amazon's fault. Binding's not brilliant as others have said, but it's what I'm used to in the UK and I'm guessing it's as good a complete hardback set that there'll ever be. Just gotta hope they keep making them.

• 1 month later...

http://www.barnesand...rtin/1106660131 this is the US deluxe edition, anyone have it? or does anyone know if the other books are coming out in this editio?

This is the one I have. It's really nice and has a good binding, it actually stays open if I lay it down, my regular ADwD hardback doesn't. Does anyone know how the binding in this book is? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0007456352/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d1_g14_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=04BJZS92D8PWQ292FFXT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

• 4 weeks later...

Btw, i found a copy of a A Game of Thrones Slipcase Edition and I still didn't open the cellophane. Can somebody please tell me if everybody has a first printing edition, meaning that all the books that exist are a first printing or does it exist more printing numbers of this books?

Thank you.

I am looking for a copy of Game of Thrones: Book 1 hardback,but is Unavailable/out of print within a year!!?

The books IBSN is: 978-0007441426 I've tried searching & can only find copies priced from £90/£200!

All other books 2-4 are available on amazon at round £30. but I want book 1!!

Any help any appreciated...

Archived