Mafia Game 78 - Tales of the Malazan Book of the Fallen

House Targaryen

It is day 3.

12 players remain: Fanderay, Fiddler, Gruntle, Icarium, Onos Toolan, Quick Ben, Sandalath Drukorlat, Silchas Ruin, Tehol Beddict, Togg, Trull Sengar, Yedan Derryg.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

7 votes for Icarium (Togg, Fanderay, Quick Ben, Silchas Ruin, Gruntle, Tehol Beddict, Onos Toolan)

3 votes for Tehol Beddict (Fiddler, Icarium, Sandalath Drukorlat)

1 vote for Fiddler (Yedan Derryg)

1 players have not voted: Trull Sengar.

Icarium is lynched.

Give me a few minutes to finish the scene.

I have very small window, but could possibly get behind tehol right now. He seems smarmy as hell right now...maybe because he.s trying so hard to set me up. Dunno, but gut is kicking in.

Or because I'm the main person who suspects you. Unfortunately, you were too late.

I'm pretty sure Icar's going to turn innocent.

Tomorrow I'm voting for whoever just 'accidentally' wasn't in the nick of time for the lynch today. Oh look, that's Toc...

edit, better English :P

I'm coming to the same opinion. It seemed a bit easy didn't it?

Icarium is an open wound into Chaos itself.

The seventh vote is cast, as dusk descends in the Wastelands. Icarium Lifestealer. The Jhag towers over the small group, skin more grey than green in the quickly fading light.

He does not draw his sword.

But his eyes begin to glow with an inner light.

When his self shatters,

Gruntle takes a step forward, cutlasses drawn. Silchas Ruin and Trull Sengar join him. Togg and Fanderay begin to circle around to either side.

Tehol Beddict wisely heads in the opposite direction.

when his so-called rage is unleashed,

Thunder echoes, but the sky is clear. The ground shakes, and Trull loses his footing, drops to one knee.

The wolves snarl. Leap at Icarium in unison --

he is but a conduit, a portalway.

-- and are beaten back, as a raw power bursts from the Jhag. Radiating out in every direction.

This is why he cannot be stopped –

Quick Ben spreads his hands wide, and a silver light spreads over the group. Silchas is pulling Trull back toward the mage. Gruntle has given up the attack, and is guarding the wolves as they retreat.

Icarium’s rage beats against the mage’s protective barrier. Ferocious, untamed. Ben staggers, his command wavering.

A bestial roar sounds, as pillars of ice erupt from earth.

he is not even there.

Quick Ben falls, and the silver bubble blinks out of existence.

Shall you do battle against chaos itself?

Violent waves of energy wash over the huddled group. Somebody screams in agony.

Impossible.

And then, suddenly, all is quiet. The burning flames, the freezing ice, the furious thunder. All gone.

As the blinding light fades, Draconus’ dark form emerges. His blade is covered in blood. Behind him, Icarium lies prone on the ground, in the center of a shallow depression in the earth.

In the eyes of Draconus, you find only sorrow.

“You were misguided yet again. Icarium was used by chaos. But he did not willingly ally with it. The Jhag was innocent.”

“And my patience is wearing thin.”

------------------------------

Icarium (TheMalcolm) was innocent.

It is night. Send in your PMs.

Archived