[BOOK SPOILERS] Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) fan-thread

Arya The Assassin

Do people here actually find her extremely hot? Maybe my ovaries are impairing my ability to judge. :P

My husband is very vocal about how hot he thinks she is and, bizarre Targaryen hair aside, I tend to agree with him.

I don't think she's a sex-kitten but I do think HBO is playing up sex sex SEX!!!!!! (Did you hear us say SEX loud enough?!) where ever they can, as often as they can. They didn't make her naked so often in the first few episodes to show us how delicate she was (or if that was their intention they need a new DP stat :rolleyes:) they did it to make sure that the steaminess and naughtiness of the show was made clear.

I think she's gorgeous and that tan has made the wig actually work on her. I think she would be gorgeous even if they didn't go out of their way to play up the hot sexiness but they have, will and are going to. (I wish they didn't and fwiw, I like girls with shaved heads so...)

LOL ok I give up. :bowdown:

However, I think the reason they didn't shave her head is that perhaps the actress has, like, other jobs on the books for which she needs to have her natural hair. It is quite luxurious - would be a shame to cut it off!

They could do a bald cap for this one scene, followed by a series of longer and longer wigs in the start of next season.

Emilia Clarke interview (video clip):

'Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke on Daenerys, Dothraki and tragedy

(Source: Digital Spy, June 10 2011)

Interviews of this kind tend to be rather bad (because the interviewer hasn't done his/her 'homework' and doesn't ask good or interesting questions), but I think this one is rather interesting. Emilia is also a good interview subject.

However, I think the reason they didn't shave her head is that perhaps the actress has, like, other jobs on the books for which she needs to have her natural hair. It is quite luxurious - would be a shame to cut it off!

They could do a bald cap for this one scene, followed by a series of longer and longer wigs in the start of next season.

I don't know if they're going to make her bald or not. My guess if they were going to do bald it would be a bald-cap, yeah. But we'll see. There was no white lion killed which is too bad because I REALLY loved the image of Dany with the lion for hair!

She also has purple eyes.

Oh wait, she doesn't.

That bothered me until episode 7 when there were some extreme close ups of her beautiful blue eyes. I'd just been poking around some stuff about Dunk and Egg and had read that all Targs just have light eyes, and blue can be one of the colors. Not all of them have purple eyes. So that made that better for me.

Anyway, she has the Lolita type, somewhat young but also hot (and legal).

She's 23, that's not too young, legal and already well into the whole adult phase of her life! And she doesn't REALLY look like she could pass for 16 when you look hard enough ;) Personally I think she's got a pretty womanly body, not the whole "we're going to try to look like a tween well into our 40s!" thing you see actors do over here. Ick. <_< There was a poster on another board complaining that we don't get to see enough of Sansa's body and saying how hot she was... Even though Sophie Turner really IS only 15. That bothered me.

Emilia Clarke interview (video clip):

'Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke on Daenerys, Dothraki and tragedy

(Source: Digital Spy, June 10 2011)

Interviews of this kind tend to be rather bad (because the interviewer hasn't done his/her 'homework' and doesn't ask good or interesting questions), but I think this one is rather interesting. Emilia is also a good interview subject.

That is a good interview.

Does anyone know where she's from? Middle class accents are harder to place so beyond 'south' I couldn't quite figure it out. Home counties?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol. I'm heading into a year on this site and I never realized this thread was here. Just want to join in on the Emilia love. I saw season 1 before reading the books and I credit a lot of my initial intrigue and investment into Daenerys' story to Emilia Clarke's amazing performance. Emila really made me feel for Daenerys throughout her journey and transformation from scared pawn to fierce leader taking control of her own destiny. I went into reading this books with a predetermined love for Daenerys because of this and helped me appreciate her chapters even more.

Please allow me to post the one dissenting opinion on this thread. I apologize in advance for crashing the party, as I do realize this is a fan thread, however, creating a "I hate Emilia Clarke" thread would just seem too mean.

I actually think she is one of the worst actors on the show, even worse than the guy who plays John. This is a shame too, because she started out really well. During the first 2/3rds of season one she was very good as a frail young woman who was trying hard to be strong. She did that very well. But when she had to transform into a stronger character, a queen... well, that didn't quite go over so well.

Particularly blatant are her encounters with the Spice King, her constant reminding to Jorah that "no one will take her dragons", and the infamous "where are my dragons?" meme. I mean, come on, there are entire websites devoted to how ridiculous her facial expressions are when she tries to be angry.

Admittedly, I don't think that is entirely her fault. A lot of it also has to do with the ridiculous, ridiculous dialogue D&D keep giving her.

Archived