What sort of spinoffs might GoT generate?

Mjolnir

Some more:

Beric the Bounty Hunter: Beric and his band roam the lands looking for wanted people.

United States of Jaqen: A show about a Lorathi assassin suffering from dissociative identity disorder.

Gossip bird: A show following the intrigue and drama in King's Landing set to be backdrop of Varys and his gossiping birds.

Hot in Karhold: A show about three King's Landing socialites who get stuck in the Karhold while visiting the North and find themselves as the centre of attention.

Lie to Me: A new Hand of the King is appointed and the show follows his work with the Small Council.

Band of Brothers: A historical drama centered around the Night's Watch.

First not a spinoff but for a season 2 promo, I don't know if there's a specific name for it but I want to see a slow-mo posse shot of Tyrion, Bronn and Shaga strutting into Kings Landing. The sort of thing they did for the trailer of The Hangover 2, and plenty of other movies before.

Who can forget Westeros' favorite reality shows?

"Survivor: Kings Landing"- You're not just voted off...you're beheaded.

"Ghost Hunters: Harrenhal"

"Bridezilla: Red Wedding Edition"

and "Westeros Celebrity Informer" with host Varys. "You'll never guess who we caught leaving their own brothers bedchambers...."

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere but it appears that Sarah Hughes, over at the Guardian blogs, follows this forum more closely than I thought. Is she a member a here?:

Blog Blog Blog

Our favourite dwarf was also concerned with matters of survival this week and let me add my voice to those who would happily watch a spin-off in which Peter Dinklage and Jerome Flynn wandered around war-torn Westeros being incredibly sardonic...

Posted by the OP:

-- Bronn and Tyrion's Excellent Adventure: A dwarf lord and his sellsword companion tour the Seven Kingdoms, talking to each other and stirring up shit. Potential long-running episodic series. Hijinx ensue.

Frozen Shore - The series follows the lives of eight wildlings spending their winter chilling at the Frozen Shore.

The Apprentice - 16 contestants from around the kingdoms with various backgrounds (preferably royal bastards) competing in an elimination-style competition to become an apprentice to Tobho Mott.

Fear Factor: Westeros - Under the frightful guidance of Khal Drogo, watch our contestants do fear inducing stunts - eat horse hearts, keep up with galloping horses, fight unarmed, rip out tongues,

and endure molten metal.

Ha, wow. I independently explored this same idea (though inspired by people like Sarah Hughes), though this thread reminds me of a whole bunch of ideas I overlooked.

My whole list of 12 is here, including:

”Stark and Littlefinger: Private Eyes”: Two men take on the mean streets of King’s Landing with their private detective agency: tough, by-the-books Ned Stark, and fast-talking, street-smart Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish. Can they set aside their long-running squabbling — not least for the love of the beautiful Catelyn — to solve the most diabolical crimes the kingdom has to offer?

and

“The Baratheon Group”: Our expert panel of political analysts dissects and debates the Westerosi news of the day. Featuring host Renly Baratheon and panelists Varys, Tywin Lannister, Olenna Tyrell and Greatjon Umber.

"White Harbor" - the tragic story of Asshai's sudden dragon attack on Westeros and its aftermath.

"Two And a Half Man" - The adventures of Shagga, Bronn and Tyrion in King's Landing

"Westerosi Gods" - Shadow is the son of God R'hllor and Melisandre. Unaware of that, he travels across Westeros meeting gods (old and new) in surprising places, fulfilling missions for them. (Well, with HBO actually considering doing "American Gods" I say they can pass on this one)

I think there needs to be at least a book adaptation of GoT, possibly spreading to multiple volumes if this thing takes off.

What if they put each season into one book. Those things would have to be like 1000 pages long! No one would read that... :P

I think if George definitely decides that he will not write a prequel series about Robert's rebellion, that he should let D&D write them as a big screen trilogy. And there might actually be budget to show the battles then!

Amazing thread.

So You Think You Can Joust: We go searching the Seven Kingdoms for talented Hedge Knights who compete for a place in the Kingsguard.

Deadliest Catch: This show follows Yoren as he scowers the Westeroi dungeons for rapists and murderers to bring back to the Wall.

Extreme whore makeover: Girls from all over Westeros and beyond compete for a job at Littlefingers brothel.

Love these, they would all seriously be made into shows.

PS: 'scours' not 'scowers' >:)

Archived