Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Baelish:

I don't understand these two posts. The first one (in response to Dany's explanation of her switch to the person with the highest number of votes) sounds like you didn't have a problem with her explanation of her blatantly jumping to whoever's got the most votes. The second one says the opposite.

Excuse me, you misunderstood my lame comment. I do have a problem with voting for whoever has the most votes that early in the game when you find a different person's actions suspicious. I was simply pointing out that it wasn't a wise strategy to endorse while leading the vote count. I said "whatever, works for me" in a tongue in cheek way because she was leading the vote count and I intended to keep my vote on her. I should have been more clear. My vote was already on her and my vote wasn't on her because she had the most votes. Dany only had Jaime's vote when I placed my vote.

I'm not one to vote based on annoyance, I believe you have actually voted in a suspicious manner. Further it's Day One, we aren't really going to be voting based on strong analysis because there isn't anything to analyse, for all our attempts at arguments, we're still voting blind.

Also there have been other possible lynches, Varys, Eddard, and now Ros. You're "woe is me" isn't really winning you any votes of confidence from me. here.

Uh neither Eddard nor Varys had more than 2 votes and Ros only recently came up as a target. Good try though.

Tyrion Lannister: This guy reminds me of a friend of mine whom I’ve been playing on another forum for some time with, and the reason for this is him taking some word or a phrase of the opponents statement, putting there the sense that he wants it to contain and then using as an argument. And I don’t think that it’s a good way of leading the discussion. For this reason Tyrion Lannister will be my new vote.

Sweetheart, I know assume you mean well, but Tyrion probably isn't the most feasible of lynches right now.

Also there have been other possible lynches, Varys, Eddard, and now Ros. You're "woe is me" isn't really winning you any votes of confidence from me. here.

Do you think Dany's an FM or a symp? Her behavior's pretty suicidal for an FM, so symp would be the better assumption. If so, she's the worst symp ever, because she ought to be strewing chaos and confusion if she's going down like this on D1--the only reason she wouldn't would be if her master's Ros. In which case, you should vote Ros.

Ok, I’ll try my best to make up for my absence…

As a first thing I’d like to say that my opinions for now are mostly based on the associations with the other players (from the other forum where I’ve played) that the posts have arisen in me. The reason for this is that this way I’m more able to create a certain picture of the players in my mind.

Arya Stark: She seems to be confident and willing to generate as many thoughts and suggestions as possible, which makes me consider her to be a member of a peaceful team. What I didn’t like and what for some time made me feel a bit suspicious is that bit of aggressiveness that she’s shown towards Daenerys(or maybe aggressiveness is not a good word here, but I still think that some posts were too sharp), but it’s probably just the manner of playing that this player possesses…

Cersei Lannister: Can’t say anything about this player for now.

Daenerys Targaryen: Firstly, I hope that that statement of mine about you being a possible novice didn’t appear offensive to you. Now I can clearly understand that you are not…

Secondly, as the suspicions that I’ve had before were based on the lack of reasoning and unwillingness to give any sufficient comments, I’m forced to claim that I’ve changed my mind and I do not want to vote against this person, as I think that she might be quite helpful and her latest posts appear to be very reasonable and constructive.

Eddard Stark: Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten any clear impression of this person. For now he doesn’t seem neither too innocent nor too suspicious to me.

Jorah Mormont: It seemed to me that he didn’t really base his suspicions on anything except for the general tendency of the public, which means that he’s simply looked who’s on the voting and added his voice… Only mho, of course.

Khal Drogo: The impression is in general the same as the one I have from Arya.

Lord Varys: This guy’s manner of leading the game is very appealing to me, but it also seems a bit sly with all that florid eloquence… He’s being unobtrusive and even his comments against someone don’t really strike like ones, at least to me. I think that this might be a good cover for a mafia, but, still, for now I’m more inclined to say that he looks peaceful.

Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Syrio Forel: Once again I have to say that I haven’t formed any particular opinion about them…

Ros, Sansa Stark: Ros was being accused of something that I haven’t really understood… To me she doesn’t look neither suspicious nor innocent. As for Sansa, I actually took me a lot of time to understand her actions in the beginning of the round, and I’m still a bit confused, but then I thought that for a mafioso it wouldn’t have been too clever to do such thing anyway, so her reasoning is probably fair enough, after all.

Tyrion Lannister: This guy reminds me of a friend of mine whom I’ve been playing on another forum for some time with, and the reason for this is him taking some word or a phrase of the opponents statement, putting there the sense that he wants it to contain and then using as an argument. And I don’t think that it’s a good way of leading the discussion. For this reason Tyrion Lannister will be my new vote.

dear god, spaces between paragraphs! I'll edit them into my quote so I can actually read your post.

I'd rather lynch Ros than Dany, and with less than an hour to go it seems we've run out of other options. I need to leave now and I won't be around when the day ends, so Ros it is.

Farewell little whore. The game of thrones was never meant for the base-born, I fear.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

7 votes for Ros (Syrio Forel, Sansa Stark, Khal Drogo, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Lord Varys)

4 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Petyr Baelish, Tyrion Lannister., Jorah Mormont, Renly Baratheon)

1 vote for Jorah Mormont (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Renly Baratheon (Ros)

1 vote for Tyrion Lannister. (Jaime Lannister)

Jaime Lannister - I get the sense from your post that you are an experienced player. Thus I am confused on why you think this vote on Tyrion is helpful in the last hour of day.

Essentially you have said that you don't really suspect anyone except Tyrion because he seems to be twisting people's words. Can you point me toward an example of this or pattern of it that would make him a viable lynch today?

Uh neither Eddard nor Varys had more than 2 votes and Ros only recently came up as a target. Good try though.

Eddard and Varys both had three at one point, and I think Eddard may have briefly moved onto four.

It's Mafia, someone is going to get lynched, and on Day One, we aren't really working with a lot of information. There's nothing suspicious about voting for someone based on little information at this stage.

Eddard and Varys both had three at one point, and I think Eddard may have briefly moved onto four.

It's Mafia, someone is going to get lynched, and on Day One, we aren't really working with a lot of information. There's nothing suspicious about voting for someone based on little information at this stage.

That was early day 1, not in the last 4-5 hours.

It all goes too quiiiick for me.

Eddard Stark, as far as I understood, it's not gonna be a viable lynch today... But I'll re-read his posts and tell you what exactly gave me the impression.

Unless you actually meant to put the last vote on Ros, uh, next time, handy tip: hit PREVIEW POST before you actually post and check if there's been any new events while you've been typing.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Arya Stark, Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Ros, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister..

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

8 votes for Ros (Syrio Forel, Sansa Stark, Khal Drogo, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Lord Varys, Jaime Lannister)

4 votes for Daenerys Targaryen (Petyr Baelish, Tyrion Lannister., Jorah Mormont, Renly Baratheon)

1 vote for Jorah Mormont (Cersei Lannister)

1 vote for Renly Baratheon (Ros)

---

Voice Over: Are you sure this is legal, Ryan? Shouldn't we at least let the police-

Seacrest: Do not bring this shit up again, man. Have you seen the ratings we're getting? Just look at what the fans are saying on the internet!

*Seacrest waves excitedly at a computer screen.*

Voice Over: Er, it says "SQL Error. An error occurred with the SQL server. This is not a problem with IP Board, but rather-"

Seacrest: Oh. Maybe one of the tech people should take a look at that. Anyway, get the cameras on, it's time for the first, ah, eviction.

Voice Over: *sigh* OK. We're rolling in three ... two ... one ...

Seacrest: Hi folks, and welcome again to this very special edition of real reality tv. Let's have another look at the highlights of today's show.

--

"I vote for Ros." scowled Tyrion. "I mean, who gave her an invite to this thing anyway? She's not even in the books!"

"All my life I have searched for the man with a little finger who murdered my father." The First Sword of Braavos said softly, staring at Petyr Baelish intently. "Now I have found him. Hello. My name is Syrio Forel. You killed my father. Prepare to be voted for."

"Who to vote for?" wondered Arya. "Hmm. I don't trust Sansa much..."

"All this voting is making me uncomfortable" sighed Sansa. "At least I know Arya is innocent."

"What a sensible thing to say!" beamed Arya. "My sister is definitely innocent, too."

"CONGRATS ON BEING INNOCENT ARYA!" shouted Cersei.

"My vote is for Varys", said Renly, "It's true I'm a simple man who can't spell to save his life, but I find him suspiceous."

[Varys murmured something in reply, but he seemed to still be in RP mode, and the poor British mathematician roped into modding things was too irritated to transcribe it.]

"I think we should lynch whoever has the most votes." declared Daenerys. "That's ... oh. Um. Wait, I meant ... I think we should vote for, er, Baelish."

"I don't even know how to vote." admitted Ros, sadly.

("Lysa Arryn knew how to vote." Tyrion muttered to himself. "She probably learnt how to do it in the books ...")

"Why not vote for a low poster?" suggested Jorah.

Eddard Stark nodded. "Obviously, the sensible thing to do is vote at random. But if you're going to think about who you vote for, you may as well vote for a low poster."

"Yes, low posters are annoying" agreed Renly.

"Um," offered Jaime Lannister, thoughtfully.

"I suspect everyone." boomed Khal Drogo. "So I won't lynch Dany, Syrio or Jaime. By which I mean: I'd be happy to lynch them."

"If we set traps for bears," suggested Varys sagely, "We could well catch a disappointed rabbit."

The others didn't seem sure how to take this.

Ros was lynched.

She was...

KingRichmond. Coroner Finder result to follow tomorrow morning.

--

Seacrest: Ok, folks, we have a sealed message coming in. This may be huge. It's from Grip 1, and may be a game-changing clue.

*Attractive blonde hands envelope to Seacrest. Seacrest opens envelope with a flourish, stares at the paper within and passes it back to attractive blonde*

Seacrest: Here, Sandy, why don't you do the honors.

Sandy: It says: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN THE SCENES!

It is night. Send in your PMs.

Archived