Mafia Game 79 - Game of Thrones Finale Party!

House Targaryen

Just before I go I'd like to point out this post by Petyr, where he thinks my vote on Ros would have been different if I were FM. But this is already day 2. At this point in the game Petyr would have already gotten a guilty result on me if what he claims is true.

There's no way that makes any possible sense. It's conclusive proof he's lying.

That's a fair point too...

Just before I go I'd like to point out this post by Petyr, where he thinks my vote on Ros would have been different if I were FM. But this is already day 2. At this point in the game Petyr would have already gotten a guilty result on me if what he claims is true.

No. I was saying that your vote on Ros if you were fm (I knew you were) was artful. It was. Kudos.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

5 votes for Lord Varys (Cersei Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Khal Drogo, Jaime Lannister)

3 votes for Petyr Baelish (Daenerys Targaryen, Sansa Stark, Lord Varys)

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Jorah Mormont)

1 vote for Jorah Mormont (Syrio Forel)

1 vote for Sansa Stark (Tyrion Lannister)

1 vote for Tyrion Lannister (Eddard Stark)

It's very late here. I'm going to go to bed. I just did a real quick reread of Petyr's day 2 and I feel like his postings are consistent with someone who has a guilty on Varys. He could have set it up, but he was very quick to jump on Cersei's case which I don't believe he would if he wasn't the finder.

I just don't see how we can not go with the result.

Varys

I am calling BS on this. You have the following:

UNIDEGRRTVDICOTW

Nearly all the mistakes could have easily been avoided.

:rolleyes: You can clearly see the word "under" there. The mistakes actually make Petyr's claim seem more legitimate, not less. An evil player would have been more careful with his codes.

A CF and TWO finders in a 14 player game seems balanced to you people?

As others have said, the CF is really weak.

Also, the codes. Who the hell uses codes? It is assassins and spies who resort to cryptography. No honest to R'hllor innocent role has used codes in years, it's always the FM trying to set up a strong reveal. They're not even that good codes. Sansa makes a brilliant point as to how the code is so flimsy it could well be a coincidence Petyr just happened to pick up on.

Huh? Innocents use codes all the time.

Only a fool would counterclaim on day 2. If we have a finder, they should stay quiet.

Wrong. If somebody wants to counterclaim Petyr, then do it now. There's no way I'll believe any claim after today. We need all of the information on the table.

When I first read that post, my initial interpretation was similar to Petyr's explanation - that your vote was 'artful' if you were FM. Not that the vote made you look innocent. So I don't find your revelation convincing at all.

I think you found a coincidence. I just don't feel like you are turthful: Petyr

I am very much aware that if I am proved wrong, I'll hang for this, but I am willing to take the risk, I feel so strongly about this.

Yay, Sansa has Outed herself as evil. Varys first, then Sansa!

I think I've seen this film before. Its called Mummy/Gertrude goes nuts defending Edward/Mexal, who turns out to be FM. Same story, different game. Mummy/Gert only made sense as non-promotable symp or crazy innocent, and the same probably holds true here. Why would an FM or promotable symp go crazy to defend a partner who was already completely screwed? Seems pretty unlikely. In that game, the partners either jumped on the mob or stayed quiet up until they were forced onto the mob by people demanding their vote.

Because Sansa already claimed as RI, so she knows she can't reasonably make the second claim?

And if she's claimed RI, and isn't counterclaiming Petyr to save Varys....non-promotable symp looks less likely. So for now, I'm leaning toward crazy innocent.

12 players remain: Cersei Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Eddard Stark, Jaime Lannister, Jorah Mormont, Khal Drogo, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Sansa Stark, Syrio Forel, Tyrion Lannister.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

7 votes for Lord Varys (Cersei Lannister, Petyr Baelish, Renly Baratheon, Khal Drogo, Jaime Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Sansa Stark)

1 vote for Jaime Lannister (Jorah Mormont)

1 vote for Jorah Mormont (Syrio Forel)

1 vote for Petyr Baelish (Lord Varys)

1 vote for Sansa Stark (Tyrion Lannister)

1 vote for Tyrion Lannister (Eddard Stark)

Voice Over: Ryan, baby, the police say they can’t diffuse the bomb. We are on our own.

Seacrest: Good, one less thing to worry about. Real reality TV cannot be stopped. The interwebs haven’t had this level of SQL errors since they killed Ned.

Voice Over: I want my mommy!

Seacrest: Just roll the damn highlight clip, moron.

The day started with a startling insight from Cersei. “Guys, listen, it just hit me. I am 100% certain that the killers are locked in this room! Go me, right?”

Renly piped in, “I can,t remember something. Something about Sansa,s . . . um . . . no don,t think it,s that. Maybe something about apostrophes?”

The players then devolved into much boring recap about what they did the day before. Let Seacrest, handle the recaps, dammit!

Fuck you, I won’t do what you tell me.” Cersei sang.

“Yeah, everyone knows that mod humor is not funny,” Renly added.

"You mean if I put the last vote on someone, they get lynched?" Jaime asked.

“Forget all else," Tyrion exclaimed, "the key is to figure out who is trying to be unJon!”

“I am clearly not unJon!” Dany pronounced, “I am the mother of dragons!”

"My little birds told me unJon is not even in the room," Varys concludes.

“Clearly Sansa thinks the worst possible role is evil, so if she weighs more than a duck . . .” Tyrion starts to reason deductively.

“Wait, that was my idea,” Renly complained.

“Sheep,” Sansa sniffed and tugged her braid.

The general sentiment seemed to be that Varys should be lynched because he was staying in character much better than the other actors and making them look bad.

“Wait!” Littlefinger shouted. “As you may know, I make a habit of studying little girls. :leer: And, well, I was studying under Arya last night, ahem, and she said Varys was an evil killer that kills!”

“My sister would never let you study under her!” Sansa yelled.

"It is true milady," Littlefinger quipped. "I carved UNIDEGRRTVDICOTW into the wall over here with my dragon bone and Valyrian steel knife to prove it."

And with that . . .

Varys was lynched. He was

mentat. CF results at the end of Day 3

“What do you mean investigations aren’t instantaneous in real life?” Khal Drogo whined.

"Just promise me no mongeese!" Varys screamed as he was dragged away. "I would gnaw my own leg off to get out of this trap, but even I fear the mighty mongoose!"

It is night. Send in your PMs.

Okay, sorry to have missed the party, was playing Civilization 4. Anyway, I completely believe the reveal and fully expect Varys to turn up evil.

Yeah, and also one thing that I've forgotten to mention: Lord Varys, was I really being so pathetic that you've shown that amount of protectiveness towards me?.. It's not that I'm not pleased, just another thing that made me wonder... Well, I hope that I'll be able to act in a not such a feeble way later...

After the revelation, I'm starting to genuinely see partnership here. Varys did blatantly defend Jaime - and Jaime here notes it, but not in a typical innocentish finding-it-suspicious way but in a meaninglessly vague this-makes-me-wonder way.

In this case it makes sense, they were commenting on the lunar eclipse yesterday, and engaging in some RP. It's a little obnoxious now on Day 2 to continue the roleplaying, but that's not a reason to lynch them.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I really do believe that Sansa is evil, but a symp. I don't mind voting her off, but I think if we do, she'll be shown as an innocent by the CF and it'll feck things for us.

I think Varys is the most likely person to be Sansa's FM, with Dany as a distant second. If so, the other FM is liable to be on the quiet side, like Syrio, Jamie or Tyrion.

What I shall say is not really relevant in the same way now, but this reasoning is clearly bad - if you thought Sansa was evil, a potentially promotable symp and led a case on her and we lynched her, we would not be thrown off by an innocent result because we'd have had symp on the brain for the whole time. I'm a strong believer in you vote for who looks evil.

Jorah, right, I understand what you want to say and I find your point to be a fair one, but the thing is, when a person doesn't have exact opinions, what's he supposed to write then?.. Nothing at all? That's even less helpful. At least some general points might offer a new side from which to look at a certain player.

and yes, it's easier to form a genuine opinion than a fabricated one, it's clear, but this opinion might still be more of a general impression based a lot on intuitive judgement. For me it is so... Serious logical assumptions are not like mushrooms growing after a good rain, at least in my head...

Sorry but something along the lines of 'I don't know what I think about x' does not offer a new side from which to look at x. Anyway, I won't persue this. What is your reaction to the reveal?

Why hasn't one of Varys' symps counterclaimed?

ETA: The only thing I can think of besides Petyr being a symp is the symp is promotable and therefore doesn't want to out himself.

The first claim is always the true one, it is known.

:rolleyes: You can clearly see the word "under" there. The mistakes actually make Petyr's claim seem more legitimate, not less. An evil player would have been more careful with his codes.

Agreed.

What I shall say is not really relevant in the same way now, but this reasoning is clearly bad - if you thought Sansa was evil, a potentially promotable symp and led a case on her and we lynched her, we would not be thrown off by an innocent result because we'd have had symp on the brain for the whole time. I'm a strong believer in you vote for who looks evil.

I think it's debatable, although I'm going to feel silly when Sansa turns out to have been truly innocent and it was some kind of double wrong idiocy on my part that put Varys in my sights. Still, however it happened, I'm pretty sure we nailed us a killer. And by "we", I mean a set of people that didn't include you.

We're not going to night. If we do that, then we lose the day 3 CF (which we won't even get until the start of day 5). And the next results we'd get wouldn't be until the end of day 6. Not happening.

I kind of agree, but we do have an even number total. I seem to remember that in those cases going to night is considered prefered, since it actually improves the innocents chances.

With the wonky CF, not sure how it plays out, but I think it might be the best option after all. Doubly so since the possibility of a symp means even an innocent result from the CF gives us jack shit to work with.

Looks like I missed all the fun. dry.gif

I believe Petyr and I believe his code. I also had the same read that his comment on Varys' vote placement was that it was good play for a FM. Frankly, my opinions on it are irrelevant as he's already dead. Obviously, if Petyr duped us all, he's the symp not the FM.

I do think weak CF+Finder+Understudy(with no healer) doesn't seem terribly unbalanced with 2 FM + Promotable symp.

I'll have to give some thought to the vote for night.

It's late so I'm going to hold off on re-reads until tomorrow.

Archived