[Book Spoilers] EP109 Discussion

Ran

So, I feel cheated out of two battles here. Anyone else?

Not really - the people, strategies & games going on for me are far more important than seeing swords swinging. Jorah taking out the blood rider was fine, the aftermath of the Lannister - Stark battle was good enough.

I thought the final scene was great. Very well-handled.

Did Cersei really want Joff to let Ned take the black? In this scene it looks that way, and I"m not positive from the text what her true intentions were.

Pretty sure it was said that it took even her by surprise when he announced the "bring me his head". I think it came in a conversation afterwards though - maybe with Tyrion.

yeah i felt a little cheated on the battles. i would have liked to see the green fork. i've never nitpicked about the cast but shae just looks all wrong to me. but overall a pretty good episode. the ending was great imo.

also, for the season finale preview they showed the greatjon yelling "king in the north!" god. damn. it. hbo. why don't we just show the dragons while we're at it.

Did Cersei really want Joff to let Ned take the black? In this scene it looks that way, and I"m not positive from the text what her true intentions were.

She reacted similarly surprised and freaked out at his sudden change of heart in the book, definitely. The scene and her reaction were spot on.

Don't know if it is me projecting or not, but Jon's eyes getting slowly larger as Aemon keeps speaking and he realizes who he is talking to was spot on.

That scene seriously gave me chills. Great job.

Archived