Favourite Quotes

Kissiq

Hard to pick the best Tyrion line. There are so many good ones. But I'm a big fan of the following exchange:

Alliser Thorne: Come and make your japes with steel in your hand.

Tyrion: Why, I have steel in my hand, but it appears to be a crab fork. Shall we duel?

YES! Oh, I love his lines. He's got wit, that one.

Lady Smallwood: "What do you like to do?"

Arya: "Needlework."

Lady S. "Very restful isn't it?"

Arya: "Well, not the way I do it."

Pod: "Ser Bronn? Oh. Should I get him? My Lord."

Tyrion: "Why no, I woke you up so we could have a little chat about the way he dresses."

(Love all the Tyrion/Pod exchanges)

Minor spoilers here. Kind of.

"No? Ah, that's a pity. Well, up you go."

"No," Merrett squealed loudly. "No don't, I gave you your answer, you said you'd let me go."

"Seems to me that I said I'd tell them to let you go." The singer looked at yellow cloak. "Lem, let him go."

"Go bugger your self." The outlaw replied brusquely.

The singer gave Merrett a helpless shrug and began to play, "The Day They Hanged Black Robin."

Lolololol.

but a close runner-up has to be Ygritte's for how endearing it is.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow!"

NOOOOOO! I specifically told my friend (who has already read all the books a LONG time ago, and recently read them all again to read ADwD) that if I saw that line ONE MORE TIME in the books I would not read Jon Snow.

...of course it was a bluff, but still... Ygritte annoyed the living daylights out of me. (One of my least favorite characters in the entire series. Harsh, but true.)

NOOOOOO! I specifically told my friend (who has already read all the books a LONG time ago, and recently read them all again to read ADwD) that if I saw that line ONE MORE TIME in the books I would not read Jon Snow.

...of course it was a bluff, but still... Ygritte annoyed the living daylights out of me. (One of my least favorite characters in the entire series. Harsh, but true.)

I'm a total sucker for strong-willed barbarian women :)

I'm a total sucker for strong-willed barbarian women :)

Haha, well seeing as I am a female and women aren't my cup of tea, barbarian women don't excite me. Although, I do appreciate a decent strong female character every so often. When it comes to females I tend to prefer Arya's stuff... I might be one of the only ones...

Haha, well seeing as I am a female and women aren't my cup of tea, barbarian women don't excite me. Although, I do appreciate a decent strong female character every so often. When it comes to females I tend to prefer Arya's stuff... I might be one of the only ones...

Arya is cool. I think in general Song of Ice and Fire is good for female characters. Some people say the series is sexist but that seems like a fallacy. As in, the series portrays violence against women and women being portrayed as second-class citizens so therefore the series must endorse violence against women. It's nonsense. I think this link does a better job of destroying this notion than anything else. http://www.leahraeder.com/words/opinion/is-george-r-r-martin-sexist/

Anyway, that's my derail done.

Here's one of the many that made me laugh out loud:

Jaimie Lannister: Where had you served, before my sister found you?
Osmund Kettleblack: Here and there, my lord.
Jaimie: I have been to Oldtown in the south and Winterfell in the north. I have been to Lannisport in the west and King's Landing in the east. But I have never been to Here. Nor There. I will ask you once more.
Where have you served
?

I can't remember if this was in the original Game of Thrones book, but I saw it in the series and I thought it encapsulated Bronn's character:

"You do not fight with honour!" - Lady Arryn

"No. He did" - Bronn, pointing to the Moon door

I believe that in AGOT, it was a random Vale Lord who said that.

"Everything." Davos in answer to Stannis saying "...what is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?"

When I read this I had to come back here and put this in-so refreshing to see this attitude after so much casual killing of children in the books. Davos is the voice of reason, a light in the dark, Lord Eddard revisited! I'm starting to understand why people like him so much-I wanted to stand up and cheer when I read this.

---"You say Sansa killed him. Why protect her?"

Because Joff was no more than a squirt of seed in Cersei's cunt. And he deserved to die.---

---"Run let my guards in, then. Quick now, there's no time to lose. This singer's killed my lady wife."---

Oh how did I ever come to love the villains? GRRM, your to blame for this.

"fear cuts deeper than swords"

I love how her "dancing lessons" have been what's kept her alive.

Arya is by far my favorite, I have a ten year old tomboy at home, so i can sort

of relate. I will have to agree with the majority and say Tyrion gets all the best lines.

Archived