Favourite Quotes

Kissiq

• 4 weeks later...

If he could have his hand back or Joff, he knew which he'd pick.

"You probably fucked my sister too, you pockfaced bastard!"-Jaime

Is life some jape to you?

It is. yours, mine, all of it-Tyrion (i may be paraphrasing slightly there)

Dragons plant no trees. (forget who said this one, it was from a Dany chapter)

"You can paint stripes on a Toad, doesn't make him a Tiger"-Sandor

Stannis: "I give you fair warning. If you force me to take my castle by storm, you may expect no mercy. I will hang you for traitors, every one of you".

Courtnay Penrose: "As the gods will it. Bring on your storm, my lord - and recall, if you do , the name of this castle".

Think that's actually from Clash, now that I think about it.

" A wedding feast was not a battle, but there were always dangers when men were in their cups, and a king should never be unguarded. Catelyn was glad of that, and even more glad of the swordbelts haning on pegs along the walls. No man needs a longsword to deal with jellied calves' brains."

How wrong can one be?

"When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No." "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

Just one of the many classic lines from the fantastic Dolorous Edd! This did make me laugh amidst all the doom and gloom.

not a favourite quote so to speak, but one of my favourite parts of reading, it just came across so powerfully and horrific in my mind that it sticks with me when i think of ASOS

"Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. "i killed her screaming whelp." He thrust his free hand in to Oberyns unprotected face pushing steel fingers into his eyes. "then i raped her" Clegane slammed his first into the Dornishman's mouth, making splinters of his teeth. "then i smashed her fucking head in. Like this" As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch.

A short one from adwd that I loved was when tyrion/griff were talking about Dany,

Griff: "And how do you propose to serve her?"

Tyrion: "With my tongue." He licked his fingers one by one.

This is the ASOS forum, so please do not post spoilers from later books. Including quotes. I believe that there might be a similar thread in the ADWD/main forum, if not, feel free to create one.

"Only Cat." *push!*

Awww, yeah. What a beast, Littlefinger. And I hated him before that too.

'I dreamed of you." -Jaime Lannister :crying:

Gah, pretty much all his conversations with Brienne. I love how he actually banters wittily with her (almost as clever as his little bro, eh?), whereas with Cersei he just twincests mindlessly. Eh. Just me, though. Oh, and "May I have this dance?" and all the verbal sparring was almost as great as their physical swordplay.

Paraphrasing now, but...

"...stick it up somewhere even Renly never found." Pwahaha! But I adored all the jabs between Loras and Jaime.

Then there's everything Lady Olenna and Tyrion said...

• 3 weeks later...

“Come and make your japes with steel in your hand.”

Tyrion looked pointedly at his right hand. “Why, I have steel in my hand, Ser Alliser, although it appears to be a crab fork. Shall we duel?” He hopped up on his chair and began poking at Thorne’s chest with the tiny fork. Roars of laughter filled the tower room. Bits of crab flew from the Lord Commander’s mouth as he began to gasp and choke. Even his raven joined in, cawing loudly from above the window. “Duel! Duel! Duel!”

Ser Alliser Thorne walked from the room so stiffly it looked as though he had a dagger up his butt.

Mormont was still gasping for breath. Tyrion pounded him on the back. “To the victor goes the spoils,” he called out. “I claim Thorne’s share of the crabs.”

Archived