ADWD come early thread II

Calibandar

My status on Amazon.de ( ordered monday morning CET ) is still "not yet shipped". I am now debating whether or not changing to Express shipping ( 21 euro) would make them ship it faster, or if that change in the order has an adverse affect, like being told it will now ship on July 12th.

They still say they will ship my order today though.

Lol faster than me for few seconds.

However, I'm still in "Shipping soon" and shipping date is today but still no e-mail from the Amazon wolk.

I think the depressing truth is they've stopped all ADWD shipments from amazon.de. Otherwise the books should have been shipped out this morning, nein?

Right, so because of a fuck-up at Amazon.de, some people have gotten ADWD early. This is the second thread to discuss this.

NO SPOILERS are to be posted in this thread, nor in the General Book Forum. Not under a spoiler tag, not as a link to an image of book pages (except the cover -- you can post a link to the picture of the cover), and certainly not in plain text. Ran has made it clear that if you post any ADWD spoilers outside of the dedicated threads in the ADWD sections, you'll be banned from this site until August 12.

Right, now that we've got that out of the way, continue with the discussion.

This is where I'm stuck as well:

Shipping soon

Estimated shipping date: 28 June 2011

Delivery date: 30 June 2011

Someone in the last thread suggested that one of us e-mail or call customer service since the anticipation is going off the charts... I'm still scared to do it, don't want to draw unnecessary attention to my order. But has anyone else attempted this?

I think the depressing truth is they've stopped all ADWD shipments from amazon.de. Otherwise the books should have been shipped out this morning, nein?

Just by way of comparison, my last order on Amazon.com was shipped on a Saturday and I got an email notifying me at 8 pm Saturday night. So I wouldn't presume anything like that.

Just by way of comparison, my last order on Amazon.com was shipped on a Saturday and I got an email notifying me at 8 pm Saturday night. So I wouldn't presume anything like that.

True, the notification e-mail can arrive any time. Until 23.59.59 CET we still have hope :D

Are there any news from people who ordered with standard shipping? Probably the ones with the fastest shipping are being dispatched sooner.

I think that amazon prime orders did so, but I've picked the superfast shipping but I'm still stuck.

Lieferung 1 von 1

Versand in Kürze

voraussichtliches Versanddatum: 28. Juni 2011

Lieferung voraussichtlich: 29. Juni 2011 - 30. Juni 2011

P.S.: "Versand in Kurze" is now a meme ;D

Are there any news from people who ordered with standard shipping? Probably the ones with the fastest shipping are being dispatched sooner.

Standard shipping and status is still "not yet sent".

I'm started to think we're screwed and that we'll get to wait for July 12 (at least...)

I've ordered the book on Amazon.de with two day shipping and this is what I'm getting:

voraussichtliches Versanddatum: 14. Juli 2011

Lieferung voraussichtlich: 16. Juli 2011

I just ordered it; do you guys think there's a chance the shipping date will change?

If you ordered now you have no chances.

The story so far is that yesterday probably the books arrived from Bantam and a guy in Amazon made a mistake (putting them on sale instead of preorder)... So for some hours the books were sold with a shipping date like 27th or 28th June. But later in the afternoon (yesterday) they fixed the problem, and if you buy ADWD now you get the right date (July 12).

I am now debating whether or not changing to Express shipping ( 21 euro) would make them ship it faster, or if that change in the order has an adverse affect, like being told it will now ship on July 12th.

Don't change it. I did it, and they put my order far, far back immediately (from "send on the 28th" to "send on the 14th of July"). I called Amazon and they told be they investigate it, but they also said that most likely any change to the order puts in at the end of the queue. Or the software shows the wrong date now (yeah, right), the service rep didn't know herself. I ordered 2 months ago and screwed myself over by wanting it a day earlier. Now I get it in two weeks. I want to kick my own ass now and for the next two weeks.

That's correct. I'm told Bantam got on the horn with Amazon and got it fixed. So a relative handful of copies shipped, apparently almost entirely that had paid for premium shipping, but no others should be escaping into the wild by way of Amazon.de. I believe there are a handful of people who had their cards charged but who have not received a shipping notice, and they seem to be stuck in limbo -- at a guess, they stopped those orders being sent out, and they're now sitting somewhere nicely boxed waiting for the appropriate shipping date.

Standard shipping and status is still "not yet sent".

I'm started to think we're screwed and that we'll get to wait for July 12 (at least...)

It will be like a Red Wedding for us all :D

Let's have hope until tonight, if they don't send the books today they have to send us an e-mail with more information (as long as your shipping date is like mine 28 June).

That's correct. I'm told Bantam got on the horn with Amazon and got it fixed. So a relative handful of copies shipped, apparently almost entirely that had paid for premium shipping, but no others should be escaping into the wild by way of Amazon.de. I believe there are a handful of people who had their cards charged but who have not received a shipping notice, and they seem to be stuck in limbo -- at a guess, they stopped those orders being sent out, and they're now sitting somewhere nicely boxed waiting for the appropriate shipping date.

I am in this situation, I still hope Amazon decides to send us the book anyway today.

Archived