[ADWD SPOILERS] Davos 3

Xray the Enforcer

Another excellent chapter! All of the Davos material has been awesome so far, although I hope we get to see more of the Onion Knight than we are lead to believe at the end of this chapter.

The Frey's are just complete assholes, as we all know, but I really wanted to reach into the book and do some harm during this chapter!

Wylla Manderlay might have become one of my favourite new characters from the book because of her Stark men speech! I really want her to marry Bran or Rickon and become Lady of Winterfell!

GRRM is knocking it out of the park with this book, still not quite AFFC for me yet, but it is wonderful!

This was a fantastic chapter, though I'm now terrified for Davos. I can't decide if us hearing about us beheading in the prior book protects him or not. I mean, it kind of seems too obvious to kill him now. On the other, maybe that's just what he wants us to think...

It's taking all my willpower to flip ahead and see if there're more Davos chapters.

I lost that battle....

There are

I will not click that spoiler... I won't do it... I won't do it...

:uhoh:

EDIT: I didn't click, but, as it happens, the existence of a Davos IV thread kind of dead the spoiler's job anyway. Now I just have to read up to it and hope it's not a drawn out beheading scene.

I will not click that spoiler... I won't do it... I won't do it...

:uhoh:

EDIT: I didn't click, but, as it happens, the existence of a Davos IV thread kind of dead the spoiler's job anyway. Now I just have to read up to it and hope it's not a drawn out beheading scene.

Maybe Davos IV would be more correct as UnDavos IV ? I hope not though, I want my Onion knight to live a long true life with lots of interesting shite happen to him cos I love reading his chapters.

Maybe Davos IV would be more correct as UnDavos IV ? I hope not though, I want my Onion knight to live a long true life with lots of interesting shite happen to him cos I love reading his chapters.

Maybe Lord Manderly is up to something. It is possible that he really wants to ally against the Freys/ Lannisters, but he can't do it publicly, so he is going to fake Davos' execution and secretly ally with him.

When I read Davos I (or II?) I was reeeaaaly afraid for Davos and Rickon (!!!). After this chapter: naaah not anymore.

Go back and reread the reactions of Lord Wyman. No way he believes the crap of the Freys. He'll try to get his son back, make a big wedding, drown or kill any Freys attending and marry Wylla to Rickon (Thus ending Ramsey's claim in an instant, as Arya's a girl).

"Evidence": If he was really so afraid of his posessions and titles, he would've talked to Davos in privy. He would've at least considered what Stannis has to offer. Also, any news that go to the wall (and there has been) comes back with news from the wall (as White harbor is on the fastest route to King's Landing), so he knows about the wildlings.

Either way: having the WHOLE court listening to him was a show. He needs to proove his loyalty. I don't think he's willing to sacrifice Lord Stannis' hand for that, but either way, Rickon is safe, I'm sure. Otherwise, his head would be first on a spike and a hunt for Bran would've been started.

Davos is one of my favourite characters. Sure he will not die, at least beheaded like the Red Keep thinks in AFFC. I also though of a plan between Lord Manderly and Davos. Maybe a betrayal for the traitors of the Boltons along with the forces of Stannis?

When I read Davos I (or II?) I was reeeaaaly afraid for Davos and Rickon (!!!). After this chapter: naaah not anymore.

Go back and reread the reactions of Lord Wyman. No way he believes the crap of the Freys. He'll try to get his son back, make a big wedding, drown or kill any Freys attending and marry Wylla to Rickon (Thus ending Ramsey's claim in an instant, as Arya's a girl).

"Evidence": If he was really so afraid of his posessions and titles, he would've talked to Davos in privy. He would've at least considered what Stannis has to offer. Also, any news that go to the wall (and there has been) comes back with news from the wall (as White harbor is on the fastest route to King's Landing), so he knows about the wildlings.

Either way: having the WHOLE court listening to him was a show. He needs to proove his loyalty. I don't think he's willing to sacrifice Lord Stannis' hand for that, but either way, Rickon is safe, I'm sure. Otherwise, his head would be first on a spike and a hunt for Bran would've been started.

I think you are right, ser!!

I think this is right. The big thing for me was right at the end, when that asshole is talking about how vile Robb was, Wyman looks at him as if he was a cockroach (or something), and then quickly he hides it, and out of the blue calls for Davos to be beheaded. Very suspicious.

Initially I had thought that Wyman thought he wasn't in a strong enough position to accept Davos' offer of vengeance there and then, but playing the long game, getting his son back and stabbing the Freys in their back when they least expect it makes more sense. I dearly hope Ramsey Snow is around for the fireworks, not least because such a confrontation may give Theon a chance for redemption.

I cannot believe that the Freys are going around with straight faces talking about how Robb and all the Northmen turned into freaking wolves.

Cracking read so far.

So Stannis is out there trying to win the favor of the Northmen. And all these Northmen maintain their loyalty to Ned and Ned's kids. Why isn't Stannis pushing the fact that Ned himself favored Stannis (even though they weren't friends) to take the Iron Throne back in GoT? Seems like this fact would hold a lot of weight with all these Northmen. I realize that Stannis doesn't have hard evidence and it would be just be Northmen having to take his word, but that didn't stop Stannis from sending out the ravens decrying Joff being the product of incest. Seems like Stannis needs to play this card big time.

So Stannis is out there trying to win the favor of the Northmen. And all these Northmen maintain their loyalty to Ned and Ned's kids. Why isn't Stannis pushing the fact that Ned himself favored Stannis (even though they weren't friends) to take the Iron Throne back in GoT? Seems like this fact would hold a lot of weight with all these Northmen. I realize that Stannis doesn't have hard evidence and it would be just be Northmen having to take his word, but that didn't stop Stannis from sending out the ravens decrying Joff being the product of incest. Seems like Stannis needs to play this card big time.

I am pretty sure that Stannis doesn't actually know that Ned wanted to back him for the throne because Ned's letter never reached him.

I Remember it being mention in book 4 about a report to the Cersi that he did cut off his head and hands.

Doesn't mean it's not a fake. It's not like Cersei actually went to White Harbor and checked it out.

Also after one of the Frey's spews some crap about the Starks Manderly for a second looks pretty disgusted, so he might not be totally on the lannisters side, just pretending to be so his son doesn't die.

Loved this and Davos is one of my favs so I hope his end is not as it appears in this chapter.

I did have one question though i saw a couple of folks mention Rickon. Have i missed something. Did GRRM describe Rickon and Osha in the crowd somewhere? I always assumed White Harbor or Howland Reed might have been where they went to but i did not know either was revealed already.

Did i just miss it?

I thought I missed it to. So I went back to ACOK.

At the very end, a dying Luwin tells Osha to keep the heirs separated. Luwin says to go either to the Umbers or White Harbor because Deepwood fell, Torren Sq. fell, The Moat is with the Iron Men and the Boltons are obviously not allies. Then Bran goes w/ the Reeds out the east gate and we know he heads north. Osha heads south w/ Rickon. The most logical destination would be White Harbor based on this information. If they got to Lord Manderly soon enough, he might have helped them. More likely they ran into his men on the way, he or his son met them outside the city and sent them elsewhere, so he could keep them safe and keep up appearances w/ the Boltons/Freys.

Although I always wondered why they didn't get sent to Howland Reed. He was Ned's best friend. I know the bogmen are close to Moat Cailin, but they are north of it and that would seem like a safe place to me.

Maybe thats where Rickon is now?

Oh, if anything this chapter made me want to eradicate the Freys more. What a bunch of filthy liars. *shakes head*

People here bringing up Lord Manderly's reaction does give me hope that maybe it's not Davos head and hands taken off, but one of the Frey's? (Raegar maybe. :D) If anyone deserves a happy ending, it's Davos...

I agree that Wylla needs to be the next Lady of Winterfell, perhaps she's already met her future husband if Rickon and Osha did head towards White Harbor and arrived in time. :)

(Bran is destined for other things, I feel.)

Archived