Goodkind L (That's 50)

Myshkin

Ok, so having been away for a few days it seems that something went terribly wrong. Let's try not to do that this time. Everyone be on their best behavior for the time being, and make sure not to flame anyone, or something. Have fun and PLAY NICE.

Wow. Too right, I have no idea where the other thread went to. I think I may have caught the beginnings of whatever explosion caused the thread to vanish from the Board, but anticipation for Dance and the need to make time pass quicker with videos of people playing retro games kinda distracted me. And now all I find is a new thread.

I believe it was because we continued to talk about Goodkind and not the books, which is what this thread is/was/suppose to be about. Our humor usually spawns from books or interview which we then use to do some bashing of Goodkind-the-Writer. In this thread, near the end, it became too focused on Goodkind's personal life/beliefs, mention of other boards etc, which were all red flags to the mods. We got a mod warning and all, so I think that was the reason.

There were some funny posts on that last thread, I hope someone saved it :(

To put this all on a more constructive path --

I haven't read any Goodkind at all. But with all the ongoing bashing round these parts, I find myself becoming curioser and curioser. So -- if I were to read Goodkind, what should I read? And let's break my question into two parts, to make it even more interesting: what is his best book, and what is his worst?

To put this all on a more constructive path --

I haven't read any Goodkind at all. But with all the ongoing bashing round these parts, I find myself becoming curioser and curioser. So -- if I were to read Goodkind, what should I read? And let's break my question into two parts, to make it even more interesting: what is his best book, and what is his worst?

Wizard's First Rule is your standard fantasy book. So it's probably the easiest to read. It gets worse as you go on, and by worse, I mean great material for this thread ;). The worst depends on your taste, but I believe the popular ones are Naked Empire, the last book - let's call it Deus Ex Machina (I forgot the name), Pillars of Creation, The Law of Nines (the unofficial official 13th book of the series). Jeez, there are quite a few and you could argue for any one of them.

But yeah, remember, Don't Feed the Yeard. Library or Second-hand if you must venture into the deeps. Also invest in some booze while you are at it, you will need it :grouphug:

Waaait, they deleted a whole thread instead of the offending posts?

For Shame.

To break a line as long as I-XLIX for a few tawrdy posts.

The Lemmings shall rise up!

(and follow each other around aimlessly)

What happened to our new friend Goodomens?

(ETA: ah, still there I see. Very good)

Are we still the Lemmings, now that the Tairy fans are catching up, or do we have to change to the Chickens of Abomination or something?

well it seems the mods choose dead for our previous thread.

They sadly forgot the long and righteous speech about why they chose dead for that thread.

I mean, how can we learn from the mistakes if we don't know why dead was the appropriate choice for good ol' XLIX? :rolleyes:

Archived