Is it possible that Theon is snuffing these guys out? It didn't occur to me until the morning after I read the chapter.
- He has freedom to walk the castle grounds and was known to have been in all of the places the murders occurred.
- He is clearly schitzo and Reek may not even know Theon is playing Rambo.
- He is armed
- He is familiar with Winterfell and all of the secret passages
- Mance was sent to deliver Arya, not to start an insurgenecy
- Since Stannis believes Mance is dead, and would probably be pissed to learn otherwise, why would Mance want to aid him?
- The spearwives and Mance probably suspect Theon, which is why they continue to try to talk to him.
I'm probably forgetting something and this will be dismissed as crackpot, but just my thought.
Also, since the trees have no concept of time, it could be that Bran is 150 years old when witnessing this. It is not necessarily in real time. And as a previous posted mentioned, when Osha told Bran to listen to the trees, it could've very well been his old self speaking to his young self.
Edited by Roose Boltons Bastard, 16 September 2011 - 09:18 AM.