[ADWD SPOILERS] Jaime

Xray the Enforcer

Oh please , now you are just making excuses for him like all his apologists .

Jaime has become one of the better three dimensional characters in this story. You see it when he confesses why he slayed The Mad King to Brienne in ASOS, jumping in the pit UNARMED with Brienne and the Bear (even the act of going back for her in itself) and up to this current chapter when he bargains w the Lord of wherever regarding the lands to allow him and not taking his only daughter back to KL as hostage. Also, his contemplating of telling his children that he is actually their father. You can call Jaime many things but a coward isn't one of them.

Clearly Brienne is planning on taking him back to Stoneheart or maybe even just killing him herself - that was the ultimatum from Lady SH after all, the sword or the noose. Like someone already mentioned, bringing him back for "trial" isn't part of the plan, to our knowledge at least. However, her admiration for Jaime will make her tell him of the situation in the hope that they can work together to figure out a solution and still save Pod/Hunt, if they're even still alive. Jaime IS honorable IMO and after hearing from Brienne what the deal is will agree to meet with SH and attone for his/his family's actions.

Also a minor complaint - I didn't realize this was the only Jaime chapter of the book as well. For those who did, are you simply noticing the chapter title not containing a number or have you read past this point and are expressing your dismay that he doesn't appear again? If it's the latter than I consider that somewhat of a spoiler. As of now it appears I will have to abandon the "Still Reading" forum for WoW - chapter titles can be very revealing and there is even a topic here about how Brienne is still alive. Really irritating to see in the "Still Reading" section of the boards.

• 11 months later...

I personally loved this chapter. Very nice description of the aftermath of the war of the five kings: age-old strife between clans continues (brackens vs blackwoods), common people live in fear (people of pennytree), the lands are ruined and the food stores are empty. And winter is upon us. This will not end well.

Archived