[ADWD SPOILERS] Cersei 1

Xray the Enforcer

Did anyone else notice that Kevan called Lancel her nephew instead of cousin at one point? Typo??

Yea must have been a typo...I was wondering that too.

The sellswords must be the Golden Company. Finally, a Targ in Westeros!!

What's funny about Cersei's predicament is that she is guilty of everything - she should be suffering more.

I find it perplexing that the most powerful house in the seven kingdoms cant free their own queen regent from the hands of e sept. As the king regent kevan could just demand her release or demand that the tyrells use their force to free Cersei. I cant reconcile this in my mind and I find kevan's explanation wanting.

Looks like UnGregor is finally going to make his debut. I can't believe Cersei still believes Tyrion is to blame for everything. They still have no idea what's going on in drone right now. Or with the golden company. If Mace Tyrell had half a brain, he'd move in and take out these sellswords before they establish a foothold.

It's interesting that Kevan would refer to Lancel as her nephew. Maybe this isn't a typo but rather intentional? Could be hinting at something.

As Kevan Lannister, the patriarch of House Lannister, as I sure as shit wouldn't want her in any position of power. I'd keep her locked up.

Does anyone else think the Gregorstein monster is going to blow up in Cersei's face? There is a huge build up to Gregorstein and I just wonder if the results aren't quite going to be what's expected. She's made a complete mockery of the Kingsgaurd already, and this is the nail in the coffin, so to speak.

Did I miss something while reading AFFC?

Gregor's dying body has been taken care of by Qyburn, there have been strange sound from the cellars, and Qyburn has needed fresh girls from time to time (the old ones were "quite exhausted" - whatever this means). Some people surmise Qyburn might have conducted abominable procedures to keep Gregor alive (for certain values of "alive"). I think it can safely be assumed that if there's anything keeping Qyburn from creating a zombie warrior, it's neither the Westerosi equivalent of the Hippocratic oath nor any other ethic concerns.

Gregor's dying body has been taken care of by Qyburn, there have been strange sound from the cellars, and Qyburn has needed fresh girls from time to time (the old ones were "quite exhausted" - whatever this means). Some people surmise Qyburn might have conducted abominable procedures to keep Gregor alive (for certain values of "alive"). I think it can safely be assumed that if there's anything keeping Qyburn from creating a zombie warrior, it's neither the Westerosi equivalent of the Hippocratic oath nor any other ethic concerns.

Wow..I didn't pick up on that at all. The girls thing looked suspicious, but I didn't give it much thought.

That will fuel even more the hatred the Martells have towards the Lannisters, when UnGregor shows up with his head still safely on his shoulders. The Sand Snakes will probably be the first ones to find out and they will not be pleased. I can already hear "The Rains of Castamere" playing for Cersei.

Cersei, missed you girl!!!!!!!!!!

Or not.

I find it perplexing that the most powerful house in the seven kingdoms cant free their own queen regent from the hands of e sept. As the king regent kevan could just demand her release or demand that the tyrells use their force to free Cersei. I cant reconcile this in my mind and I find kevan's explanation wanting.

Kevan could free her, he refuses to.

The biggest threat to the House Lannister at this point is Cersei. Really, Kevan should arrange for her to choke on her gruel before she can confirm who the kids' daddy is to too many people.

Slippery Cersei, always getting away with her craziness...*sigh* hopefully she will get what's coming to her.

Does anyone have any guesses as to what's going on with Ser Loras? The chatty septa was about to say something but then she got shushed. Cersie about Margaery: "Was there a trial?" "Soon" said Septa Scolera, "but her brother-" (pg 721). Are they delaying the trial so that Loras can recover enough to be her champion??

Is there any chance that Jamie will be Cersei's prophesied Valonquar because he will confess to their incest after she denies it under oath to the Septon?

Cersei is going to deny it to the grave, she needs to to keep Tommen on the throne. Jamie seems to care less and less about the game of thrones and the glory of house Lannister. He seems to be considering the small folk a lot more and what is good for them. I've been reluctant to come around on Jamie Lannister, sadly I think I'm starting to anyway.

I wonder if he will convince Brienne to let him confess back at King's Landing under the condition that she execute him afterwards.

Archived