[ADWD SPOILERS] Cersei 1

Xray the Enforcer

Slippery Cersei, always getting away with her craziness...*sigh* hopefully she will get what's coming to her.

Does anyone have any guesses as to what's going on with Ser Loras? The chatty septa was about to say something but then she got shushed. Cersie about Margaery: "Was there a trial?" "Soon" said Septa Scolera, "but her brother-" (pg 721). Are they delaying the trial so that Loras can recover enough to be her champion??

I'm not sure if Loras would be needed to be her champion, if the case against her is flimsy then she would probably be better off going with a trial.

I may be the *only* one who thought this way... However, I was actually relieved to read this chapter. I am glad she decided to confess (the little that she did). In a small way I was actually rooting for her to do something good for once. While reading this I was actually hoping that she would see the err in her ways and possibly try to slip back home to the Rock quietly with the help of her uncle to sit there the rest of her days. Yea... Kinda far fetched but that is what I had hoped for her. I don't know but she is growing on me. Maybe it is a mother thing and for some reason I actually think that what she is doing is in the best interest of her children even though she is doing it in a really messed up way. I guess I have this little sliver of hope that she would stop being such a crack-pot and take what she can and just go home.

It's interesting that Kevan would refer to Lancel as her nephew. Maybe this isn't a typo but rather intentional? Could be hinting at something.

Well...the only way she could have a nephew is if one of her siblings had a child. So, unless Tyrion or Jaime fathered Lancel, or they have a 4th sibling they're not aware of, one who is much older than Jaime & Cersei, there's no way this is anything other than a typo...of which there are many and have been throughout the series. (The biggest one, in my mind, being that in AGoT the Hound's face was burned on the right side, but in ACoK the burns shifted to the left side of his face.)

Considering that Tywin was 20 when he was first named Hand of the King and the kids were already born, and that Lady Joanna was of an age with Tywin, I just don't see how there could be another sibling of Cersei's coming out of the blue to have parented Lancel.

Well Cersei's story is exactly taking the road that everyone was expecting. Also confirmations that the stupid kingswood plot with Trystane was her doing. It was nice to get a little update for the events in Westeros from Kevan. I guess the sellswords are the Golden Company, who else anyway? I am surprised they choose the Stormlands for landing. I guess Jon is expecting that his relatives in Griffin's Roost would ally with him immediately, so they have already a first castle as base of operations. And if things with Dorne go well their back would be safe. Good that Mace isn't doing anything about it, with that they will have more than enough time to prepare. I wonder when the Sand Snakes arrive in King's Landing. If Cersei's champion will really be an undead Gregor it becomes very likely that Dorne will join the war and ally with the Golden Company. Ahhh Cersei, even in prison you don't fail to cause one political disaster after another.

Ah, nice to have a Cersei chapter again. I love her POV - they were the highlights of AFFC.

I have mixed feelings about her trial. On one hand I want her shamed and beheaded, but on the other hand she's is so entertaining, and her false nature makes me chuckle, that I want her to still be a player in the game of thrones.

This passage is one of the reasons why I love our sweet Cersei's POV:

“We have all been praying for Your Grace,” Septa Moelle said as they were climbing. “Yes,” Septa Scolera echoed, “and you must feel so much lighter now, clean and innocent as a maid on the morning of her wedding.

I fucked Jaime on the morning of my wedding, the queen recalled. “I do,” she said, “I feel reborn, as if a festering boil has been lanced and now at last I can begin to heal. I could almost fly.” She imagined how sweet it would be to slam an elbow into Septa Scolera's face and send her careening down the spiral steps. If the gods were good the wrinkled old cunt might crash into Septa Unella and take her down with her.

“It is good to see you smiling again,” Scolera said.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be pissed if Cersei gets these people to buy her crap and she gets off with a slap on the wrist. She needs to be destroyed, humiliated and lose everything. I really expected Kevan to be more of a hard ass, but he seemed to start caving and falling for Cersei's feminine wiles and believes she is really sorry. :rolleyes:

I am going to be pissed if Cersei gets these people to buy her crap and she gets off with a slap on the wrist. She needs to be destroyed, humiliated and lose everything. I really expected Kevan to be more of a hard ass, but he seemed to start caving and falling for Cersei's feminine wiles and believes she is really sorry. :rolleyes:

I think Kevan is more on to Cersei than he lets on though, but he does have to be careful because there could be people listening. Ha, Cersei's decision to let the faith become armed to save herself some money is coming back to bite her in the ass.

I love the new council and that Randyll Tarly is the justiciar. I also love that he came with his own army and demanded that Margaery be released.

I did love Kevan's pronouncement that whatever happens, her time as ruler is done. It goes nicely with her thoughts that her realm needed her. She truly has no idea.

Poor Cersei. Say whatever you want about her, but keeping a woman clothed in nothing but a thin shift, taking away even that every few days, and giving her nothing but one paper-thin blanket to warm herself in a stone cell in late autumn/early winter is incredibly messed up. And they wouldn't even let her sleep. The Faith is King's Lnading is very unlikeable, to say the least of them.

Will the UnGregar have his old face, or a new one? I recall Cersei saying that a new face was needed to fill the opening, and I take that to mean our zombie-giant will have a new face.... Maybe one that looks like Tyrion lol.

BTW, Tyrion could die next chapter and he still would have won vs. Cersei. She sees him behind everything that is going bad against her and I believe her obsession has maddened her. Well played, dwarf B)

^_^ I love Cersei.

It would be hilarious if the series ended and she was one of the few characters alive and well, living on some tropical island.

I know she's an evil bitch, but just can't help but love her. :D

I was frustrated her manipulating of people has worked for her, even just a little, yet again. I was enjoying her suffering!! She deserved it. Who knows...maybe there is more to come;) The only thing that I sympathize with Cersei about is being treated differently because of her sex...(a warrior's heart in a woman's body) but that is still no excuse for how she treats people and uses everyone around her, even her brother and children.

• 2 weeks later...

Ilove Cersei. It would be hilarious if the series ended and she was one of the few characters alive and well, living on some tropical island. I know she's an evil bitch, but just can't help but love her.

:agree:

I really can't hate Cersei! I hope she survives the series, a tropical island is a bit over the top though :P

I don't think Cersei truly believes Tyrion did all of the evil things she claims he did - she has regularly blamed him for things she either did herself or knows someone else did, often at her behest - but it's convenient to tar him with every possible brush and in the process wind him up for things that could come back on her, directly or indirectly. She just wants to see him dead and will pour on any fuel that might further that goal.

And anyone who thinks she will "see the error of her ways" is delusional. Cersei's whole schtick is about denying any evidence that doesn't fit in her world view - she is a frigging Lannister, man, "a daughter of Casterly Rock", and there is no way (in her mind) that she could be taken down. She decided that she needed to confess because it was the only way she was going to get information, clothing, food, and sleep. At no time did she genuinely feel remorse for anything she has done.

It's funny - in some ways she is the anti-Daenerys. Dany got none of the schooling in backstabbing and double-dealing - oh, I'm sorry, I meant "statecraft" - that seems to have constituted the bulk of Cersei's upbringing - which is proving elsewhere to be Dany's weakness.

• 2 weeks later...

God I hope she survives. Reading this chapter brought back to mind why she is one of the funniest and most entertaining POVs.

My thoughts exactly. As much as her personality if off-putting, she adds an unintentional, grim humour to the otherwise morose universe. Watching her crumble is part of the fun.

Archived