[ADWD Spoilers] Post here if you're an idiot like me

naz

Missed:

the ship's name being Fragrant Seneschal

the sun setting on the East.

the bleeding star (I´m not sure if it is really important, but I would like it. I hat the theory Jon = AA reborn while reading the book)

Theon being gelded (I still have doubts) but I still think it is either a coincidence or a misdirection.

gay Jon Connington (I didn´t get Renly and Loras until I found this forum, I guess that means my reading gaydar isn´t working very well)

Abel anagram of Bael (but I got A=B)

I got the rest of the theories mentions in this threat until now.

I`m pro:

Aegon is fake

Septa Lemore=Ashara Dayne

And perhaps Aegon = Septa Lemores child

Dany is not barren and longer. The blood meant she miscarriaged.

I did not get Abel until the spearwives took Theon. Then I knew. Thought originally Manderly would use the singer to get rid of certain people.

I got Skagos, Theon's castration, and the other stuff.

I suspected that Connington might be gay, as his memory of Rhaegar at Griffin's Roost somewhat resembled Dunk and Daemon on the tower at Whitewalls, but I'm not sure if these things should be that hidden in the POV of a gay character...

Missed the pies.

I think Aegon is the real deal (Varys being the "mummer" to his dragon to make the "mummer's dragon" accurate).

I didn't get that Varys was the mummer in "mummer's dragon," because I forgot that he had been a mummer before he was gelded. I also think Aegon is the real deal, because if there's one thing Varys is good at, it's getting people out of King's Landing. And he knew that Tywin was going to betray Aerys. But I also think that poor Aegon, real or not, is doomed. *sniffle!*

Missed:

the ship's name being Fragrant Seneschal

the sun setting on the East.

the bleeding star (I´m not sure if it is really important, but I would like it. I hat the theory Jon = AA reborn while reading the book)

Theon being gelded (I still have doubts) but I still think it is either a coincidence or a misdirection.

gay Jon Connington (I didn´t get Renly and Loras until I found this forum, I guess that means my reading gaydar isn´t working very well)

Abel anagram of Bael (but I got A=B)

I got the rest of the theories mentions in this threat until now.

I`m pro:

Aegon is fake

Septa Lemore=Ashara Dayne

And perhaps Aegon = Septa Lemores child

Dany is not barren and longer. The blood meant she miscarriaged.

Did not get Fragrant Seneschal - can anyone explain what does it refer to, totally flew out of my mind.

Also, how can Dany be referred to be "barren" till now, since till betwee Drogo and Daario she didn't sleep with any man enough to even have a chance to become pregnant? It was just her belief and misconseption of the prophecy/curse.

Also, how long does it take between her jumping on Drogon and flying off, till the time Quentin frees dragons and gets killed? I thought it was couple of days/weeks at least. Furthermore, if the prophecy is fulfilled AT THE time Quentin dies, she miscarries soon after, so logically it means she was pregnant at least a month BEFORE he died, before she flew away on Drogon when Quentin was still alive and in good health, dragons didn't lay waste to Mareen/pyramids and prophecy wasn't fulfilled yet.

- Mance = Abel. If I could physically kick myself in the ass, I would have done so after reading about this in the forum. How could I not get this one? Totally obvious, yet I didn't get it until it was pointed out. Stupid. And the whole time, I'm wondering who the hell these ninja chicks are and why are they so keen on getting Theon and Fake Arya out of Winterfell all of a sudden?

I'm most ashamed of having missed this one (the Frey Pie bit was less obvious)... Even after I figured out that the 6 women with Abel were wildlings, and even after the women roped Theon into helping them free "Arya", it never once occurred to me that Melisandre sent Mance to rescue Jon's little sister with a handful of spearwives, who else would this be, dummy...

Sigh.

Caught right away:

Bloodraven

Lyanna & Benjen

Dunk at Winterfell

Rickon & Osha on Skaagos

Mance as Abel (though I didn't make the 'Bael' connection)

Theon's gelding

Jon Connington's gayness (gayitude)?

Arya's coin (missed it initially; it hit me the next day after reading the chapter)

Clueless until I visited here about:

Jon as AA

Dany's last chapter fulfilling MMD prophecy

The ship being the perfumed Seneschal

Frey pie - I just thought Wyman Manderly was happy to be stuffing himself on pie. :P

Aegon the Fake - somehow never occurred to me that he might not be the real thing

Lemore as (maybe) Ashara Dayne - thought she might be important but couldn't conjure up a decent guess.

I'm not sure about the timelines, but is it possible that Bolton's legitimate son Domeric was the first Reek? (Ric, Reek)

had a crazy theory about that that myself but I don't think there's enough evidence to say either way. If I remember right, Roose doesn't give very much detail about Domeric's death, as far as who was there to witness him in the days as he was dying.

Is there any info on the original Reek's origin? I'm starting to think he was actually Bolton's legitimate son.

on topic:

I didn't get that Theon was gelded.

Got that Mance was Abel, but it was way, way late.

Didn't get any of the prophecies in the last Dany chapter, as I read the thread for that chapter here and didn't care enough to read the actual chapter myself.

I skimmed through the food descriptions at the Winterfell wedding feast, and thought the pies as wide as wagon wheels sounded odd. Didn't put two and two together until I came here though.

I couldn't figure out:

How Arya actually killed her target.

That the spot on the map was Skaggos. (Does Skaggos do homage to Winterfell?)

That Abel was an anagram, though I figured it was Mance & co.

I missed a bit about the prophecies, but they're more interesting possibilities than confirmed at this point.

As to all the people saying "fake Aegon" is that proved in any way or is it just supsicion. I started to put together a theory that R+L=A, and N+A=J, but something Connington said about Lemore blew that out of the water.

That the spot on the map was Skaggos. (Does Skaggos do homage to Winterfell?)

Yes, House Magnar rules Skagos and is sworn to Winterfell.

I missed all the stuff pertaining to the MMD prophecy. I'm still not convinced that Theon was gelded, but regardless, I also completely missed that there was a sexual element to his torture.

I didn't figure out the Arya poisoned coin thing - like some others I thought yer man had a heart attack on getting an iron coin and realising the FM were after him...which of course makes no sense as she gave the coin to the merchant who was going to meet the target, right? Must read that chapter again :shocked:

Didn't get Gay Griff....obviously my gaydar isn't very good cos I never got Renly & Loras either.

I knew Manderly was up to something at the feast but couldn't quite figure out what even with the Rat King reference....thought he was just happy at killing the Freys and getting away with it (I did figure out that much at least)

Thought Dany had a miscarriage but didn't connect events to the MMD prophecy. Agree with Masha that she was probably never barren at all, just misunderstood MMD

I did get Mance/Abel/Bael straight away, Theon's gelding, Rickon on Skagos...considered Lemore=Ashara but she's the wrong age and no mention of Dayne Targish eyes, Jon as AA and the bleeding star...

I got everything mentioned so far but the pies on the initial read, minus the Bael/Abel anagram.

Still not convinced that the new prince is the mummers dragon.

Laughed at the "truth" of Jon's parentage.

Hopefully a third read will give over even more tidbits to make the book worth it's weight in anti-climax.

Missed:

Gay Connington

The Frey pie - How did I miss this????

I did not think that Quentyn dying == sun setting in the east

The ship's name being Fragrant Seneschal

The Abel/Bael anagram

I did not think about how the coin might have been poisoned

Missed bleeding star implication for Jon - The knight that Wun Wun was shredding had a star as his sigil and he was bleeding everywhere.

Questionable:

I don’t get how Selmy disclosing that Aerys loved Joanna Lannister means that Aerys could be Tyrion's father. Does Tyrion have a different mom from Cersei & Jamie and I missed this, as Cersei & Jaime elder?

I do not think Theon is gelded. Because Ramsey asks him if his penis is hot for Jeyne and this has been discussed ad nauseam on Theon post with most thinking he had a hack circumcision by flaying his penis. Theon also thought about raping one of the serving girls.

Knew:

Aegon might be a fake

I recognized that 3EC == Bloodraven.

Realized the implications of Asha's consideration of the invalid Kingsmoot and Theon

Assumed Skagos for Rickon based on the description. Prior book description of Skagos a populated by cannibals and unicorns.

I totally missed the Frey pie; and I didn't notice either Mance=Abel or a ship being named The Perfumed Seneschal? (was it a ship? I thought it might have been a reference to Varys, or Dany's seneschal/steward in Mereen, whose name I can't remember)

I did think that Jon Connington might have been gay, when he had a flashback to Rhaegar and was thinking about Rhaegar's beautiful hair or something; it seemed like the thoughts of a young man in love, not just a good friend.

I missed:

Manderly Pie

Arya's deal with the coin (until the Kindly Old man said, of course)

Connington is gay

The Bleeding Star/salt/smoke = AA (though I caught it before when Mel said she looks for AA, and all she gets is Snow)

Son/Sun setting in the west

Bloodraven (I haven't read all the Dunk and Egg stories)

Most of the others had occurred to me, save the Septa/Ashara Dayne one.

Archived