Unanswered questions at the end of SOS (spoilers probable, do not read unless you've finished the book or do not mind spoilers)

Arya79

Hello everyone, time for my first post!

Ok, so I read this chapter last night... It doesn't actually say that Tyrion killed her!

I'm pretty sure he strangles her with the Hands chain thats around her neck!

Where is Benjen Stark? I think he's Cold Hands, or Cold Hands might be a undead Benjen!

What is Jon's true parentage? Hoping it's R+L=J

Is Theon Greyjoy really dead? Nope, i doubt it!

Will we see Syrio again? Does anyone else think Syrio is in someway related to Jaqen? They both from Braavos? And Jaqen changed his face at the end of ACOK, could he/they be Arya's guardian angel of sorts?

How is Tyrion going to make it on his own? Guessing he goes in search of Tysha!

Did the Westerlings have their daughter win Robb's affections in order to break the alliance? Never thought of that!

Will Arya ever go back and find Nymeria in the woods? In Aryas wolf dream, she dreamt that she pulled her mother out of the ditch at the Twins? Heartbreaking realisation that not only was Arya so close to her mother but she was also so close to Nymeria! It might not happen for a long time but I do believe they will meet again!

What is Davos doing? He's the unsung hero of ASOSs. It's him that presuedes Stannis to defend his realm!

All the Little Finger and Varys plotlines can go anywhere at anytime and are too confusing for me to grasp ATM!

Ok, so I read this chapter last night... It doesn't actually say that Tyrion killed her! I thought it was known he did, but it basically says he saw her in the bed, naked, talked to her, then grabbed some weapons, a dagger and a crossbow, and headed out into the hall, where he finds Tywin in the privy and blah blah! I thought he kills Shae?

I do have a terrible cold and was drinking Neo Citran while reading, could I have completely missed him killing Shae?

"He finds her in his father's bed with the chain of office around her neck. Tyrion strangles her and then takes a crossbow off the wall."

This is from the chapter summary of Towerofthehand.com.

I still don't understand the Lannister's paying Ser Hugh of the Vale though? If Cersei knew that Jon Arryn had learned of her relationship with Jaime it makes sense that she would want him dead. Yet if it was Littlefinger all along...? :stillsick:

I was wondering this too... it made sense that the Lannisters would want to kill Jon Arryn for 'asking too many questions' as Varys implied in GoT. Why didn't Littlefinger let them do it for him, instead of bloodying his own hands? So everything about Jon Arryn visiting brothels and Robert's bastards the week before his death was a red herring? I know Pycelle admitted to letting Jon Arryn die once he was poisoned, but did the Lannister's really have no hand in the actual poisoning?

"He finds her in his father's bed with the chain of office around her neck. Tyrion strangles her and then takes a crossbow off the wall."

This is from the chapter summary of Towerofthehand.com.

Also, in the Appendix of the next book, which traditionally doesn't spoil anything not known at the end of the previous book, it lists Shae's name in brackets and says "strangled in Lord Tywin's bed". I agree, though, it was pretty vague in the actual chapter where it happens.

Also, in the Appendix of the next book, which traditionally doesn't spoil anything not known at the end of the previous book, it lists Shae's name in brackets and says "strangled in Lord Tywin's bed". I agree, though, it was pretty vague in the actual chapter where it happens.

Yes, I saw this in the Appendix too, after I posted.. But just from how it was written in the chapter, it leaves it to your own interpretation...

Arya's List--anybody kept track of the people from her 'nightly list' that got killed, by Arya or anybody else by the end of ASoS? There were Weese, Dunsen, Chiswyck, Polliver, Raff the Sweetling, The Tickler, the Hound, Ser Gregor, Ser Amory, Sir Ilyn, Ser Meryn, King Joffrey, Queen Cersi, last I could track down. She herself killed Polliver; Weese and Chiswyck were taken out by Jaqen, Ser Amory is gone (I think), and Joffrey is gone (Yay!)

The Hound/Arya kills The Tickler and Polliver.

And on a similar note: What was The Hound's fate?

Will we see Syrio again? Does anyone else think Syrio is in someway related to Jaqen? They both from Braavos? And Jaqen changed his face at the end of ACOK, could he/they be Arya's guardian angel of sorts?

The Hound/Arya kills The Tickler and Polliver.

And on a similar note: What was The Hound's fate?

First, the Syrio thing. I had thought of that same thing too while I was reading CoK. I thought that it was a possibility, or that it was a good idea at least, or at least maybe there's a chance that she'll see him again in Braavos? I don't know. Either way, I'm hoping Syrio's not dead.

As for Sandor Clegane (I don't like calling him The Hound), I hope he isn't dead, though he begged for it and seemed as good as dead the last time he was mentioned in ASoS, either way it'd be interesting to see him appear again.

Here's a question I have - Did Gregor Clegane truly die? I know that Tywin gave the order to heal him despite the unlikeliness of it working, but they never did mention if he actually died, or if by some miracle (or disaster, depending on your view of it) he actually pulled through.

Here's another thought which I've pretty much come to a conclusion on, but still... - Jeyne (Robb's wife), I know they were pardoned by the Lannisters, however, SHE seemed too faithful to Robb to really be faking it after all, but what about the possibility of her being pregnant, but them not knowing at the time yet? Not likely... but it could have been interesting if she had gotten pregnant...

The only way for Syrio to be alive, is if he is a Faceless Man, and is now Meryn Trant.

Littlefinger had Lysa poison Jon Arryn because he knew she was crazy/in love with him, and would do it. Once Jon Arryn is dead, it leaves room for Littlefinger to start playing his game. The "Realm" is not of importance to him, his advancement is. He has a Napolean complex of sorts. A little man from a little, poor place, who always thought he was better than what he was born into, and had it shoved in his face by Brandon Stark.

Jon Snow finds out about the Red Wedding either right before or right after the arrow is removed from his leg.

Tyrion strangled Shae with the necklace, Tywin's, that she was wearing. Varys most likely knew Shae was in Tywin's room and really did nothing but encourage Tyrion to make his way up there.

As for the Westerlings, there is the possibility Jeyne's Uncle helped plan it...and also the possibility that Tywin pardoned them because they bent the knee after. Who knows. Tywin wasn't Joff, he didn't take off heads of those who knelt, just to prove a point...but...that Roose Bolton, man. He was pissed after his defeat. He had been planning Robb's downfall for quite a while I suspect.

The only way for Syrio to be alive, is if he is a Faceless Man, and is now Meryn Trant.

Maybe not, this theory is unlikely but lets put it out there. What if Syrio is Jaqen H'gar, say he faked his death or escaped from Meryn Trant. He makes his way to the cells where he changes his face and ends up in the back of a cart heading to the wall.

I don't remember Jon finding out about Robb and Catelyn either. Then again, the thread concerning him and Stannis was left for 11 years. So maybe that other thing was too.

Jon found out about Robb and Catelyn upon reaching Castle Black after his escape from the wildlings, right before they treat his wound that he received from the arrow that Ygritte shot into his leg. Either he heard it right before he's put to sleep for the initial treatment, or after he wakes up. Either way, it's a very short mention, but as he's in the middle of dealing with the wildlings on the Wall, he doesn't really have much time to react about it, which is probably why it's easily missed.

Does the fake Arya even have an intent? Isn't she just a pawn?

From my understanding, the whole purpose of the fake Arya, is so that Bolton (I believe that's who she's supposed to be married off to) can claim Winterfell for himself. None of the people around that KNOW it's a fake Arya is going to claim it because they're generally people backing the plan, or they just don't care.

However, with Robb dead, and Bran and Rickon believed to be dead, and Sansa gone with nobody able to find her, by having this fake Arya they are able to claim that she is the heir and claim the north for the Lannisters. Arya being so young it is easy to pretend this one is the real one because this girl is a little older and there is no saying that Arya's look couldn't have changed some for those who did not know her well. Plus, it appears they are keeping her away from those who could recognize this girl as a fake Arya/those who knew the real Arya well enough are now dead and not able to say otherwise.

It's generally a fairly intelligent idea on their part, had the real Arya been dead, and Bran and Rickon, and Sansa for that matter, but they don't know the truth. =)

I believe false Arya is set to be wed to Bolton's bastard.

They have arraigned fake Arya ( Jayne Poole), to wed Ramsay Snow, therefore giving the Bolton's control of Winterfell. Littlefinger Took Jeyne Poole from Sansa's room after King Robert died and the Hand's people were being hunted down and killed. He had possession of her, no doubt with some future plan in mind.

They have arraigned fake Arya ( Jayne Poole), to wed Ramsay Snow, therefore giving the Bolton's control of Winterfell. Littlefinger Took Jeyne Poole from Sansa's room after King Robert died and the Hand's people were being hunted down and killed. He had possession of her, no doubt with some future plan in mind.

Littlefinger does nothing without a reason that will benefit him in the end. He has Sansa, however, (though nobody knows) and in the end will be able to override the fake Arya when it comes to claim on Winterfell. I'm sure that's going to play to his advantage at some point somehow.

Archived