[ADWD Spoilers] Jon's Nissa Nissa

First thing to note is that the whole red sword of heroes and Azor Ahai's forging of it is a fable or a myth - so the details surrounding its creation are almost certainly not all true. I for one am not buying that he spent 100 days and nights forging a sword.

I am assuming there is such a thing as a red sword of heroes otherwise there is no point in talking about it.

Everyone seems to be thinking that the person creating the sword needs to forge the sword and sacrifice the person closest to him in order to temper it.

I am thinking that perhaps this is not so. For one, the only one we know who can forge a sword is Gendry (learning to forge a sword takes years). Second, would anyone who is posited so fas as being AA run a sword through the heart of the person they love most on the off chance it will create a red sword?

My feeling is that if a red sword is going to be created it will involve Mel - she's always described as being warm, even at the Wall and she has the fire in her.

My crackpot theory is that from Mel's POV with her and Ghost watching, Jon will rise with silver/white hair and purple eyes, his wounds smoking and cut off the heads of the four NW men who tried to kill him. Mel will realize he is Azor Ahai and what she must do - sacrifice herself to create the sword. Jon will still be in a daze from what's happened and will plunge the sword through her heart.

The non-crackpot thing is that someone has to go north, far north. Without reliable fire, that is simply not possible so either a dragon is coming (and I'm not sure that a dragon will like/be able to survive in the north), the red sword of heroes, or possibly Mel herself figures out she must go north (not sure if she can create fire though)

I actually cannot imagine any circumstance where one of the main characters would sacrifice someone they loved and sincerely believe that it would be the only action that could save the world. It would be a remarkable storyline to believably construct at this late date.

But even if it was done, I'm not sure i could identify. I would never sacrifice a loved one. Even to save the world. I think I'm like the character in "The Last of Us".

Reading the last Jon chapter with all the elements of AA re-born, I was thinking about the sacrifice he, as AA, would need to make. A lot of people have talked about maybe Arya being his Nissa Nissa. I have a mad theory that it could be Ghost. After all, who is Jon connected to, is closest to and loves more than Ghost?

You can blast my theory but please be polite about it tongue.gif

If you are in the camp that think that in Jon's last chapter, the 'red star bleeding, the smoking wound, and tears mean that Jon is AA, then you mistaken. GRRM was fucking with your head.

If that was the answer to this giant riddle that he has set up, then he is a shitty writer - & he is not a shitty writer...

I don't believe it's Ghost or Arya. Hear me out...

Jon loves them as he loves his NW brothers. Jon also loves his duty to NW. By his brothers killing him and imo, being brought back by Mel. It'll do two things..

1) obsolve him of duties to the NW. You serve until death. If he did die...if.... he would no longer be required to serve.

2) It also becomes his Nissa, leaving his brothers, to do the most good for the most people.

Does that make some sense?

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Seriously, GRRM got to stop killing Direwolves, I heard he already got a lot of upset fans after that episode in season 1 aired, where Ned kills Lady. Frankly speaking, right now most hurtful deaths for me would be Direwolves instead of humans - that includes all Starks.

• 2 weeks later...

Not Ghost. "Ghost is different, Ghost was part of him."

He can't Sacrificing a part of himself is the equivalent of burning his manhood. That does not coincide with AA prophecy/NIssa Nissa. He needs to be the one thing he loves the most.

Here's a good example. If he could save Ghost on one hand and let Arya die, Or save Arya and let Ghost die.....what decision do you think Jon would make?

It's pretty obvious. Jon would save Arya because he loves her the most.

Jon's Nissa Nissa is Arya. It has to be, there's nothing else on this planet that Means more to Jon, Noone else alive that means more to Jon than Arya. Jon would sacrifice Ghost if it meant Arya could be saved.

Arya is Jon's Nissa Nissa

First thing to note is that the whole red sword of heroes and Azor Ahai's forging of it is a fable or a myth - so the details surrounding its creation are almost certainly not all true. I for one am not buying that he spent 100 days and nights forging a sword.

AA knew how to make a sword...Jon Snow does not....

Precisely. We have myths and half-finished stories from Old Nan. There is no sword at the Wall to be tempered in blood but Stannis' fake Lightbringer... or Jon's "bastard sword" (my son explained what that was). It is Valryin (Sp) steel, deadly to the others. I think it highly unlikely Gendry will trundle up, and forge a sword whilst Jon lay dying...

Archived