[ADwD Spoilers] Meera and Jojen cliffhanger?

Nick Larter

In the last Bran chapter Jojen is described as pining for home and often going up to the cave mouth to look out. Later Meera is talking to Bran and crying as she's worried about him. Then 'Meera bolted from the fire, back into the darkness of the tunnels.'

It's the last we hear of Meera and Jojen in the book.

Why do I feel something bad just happened? Did she sense that Jojen has left the cave and is getting ripped to pieces by wights?

people are theorizing that Jojen may have ended up in the weirwood seed paste that Bran eats. he sees veins of sap that look like blood in the paste.

What. The. Flying. Fornicator.

How did I miss this theory ? If that happened that's terrible, and I don't even like Jojen. :stunned:

Cannibalism has become to common lately(intended and unintended), so I hope that's not the case.

I agree with what other people have written about Bran and his group's entry. The Children of the forrest and their home are creepy and simply cannot be that easy to find them. I wonder if these people who claim to be the children are deceivers and they are using Bran in some way. On the other hand, if they are who they say they are then Bran will remain their for a very long time until he himself is replaced.

What. The. Flying. Fornicator.

How did I miss this theory ? If that happened that's terrible, and I don't even like Jojen. :stunned:

Well if its any consolation I myself was blissfully unaware that the sap may be blood until I finished Dance and came on to the board. The theme of cannibalism throughout the book gives credence to this theory & Jojen saying that Bran is "not the one who has to be afraid :shocked: ".

I figured they left so Jojen could die at home.

"“He wants to go home,” Meera told Bran. “He will not even try and fight his fate. He says the greendreams do not lie.” "

Of course, home could be figurative instead of literal, but the way I see it he knows he's going to die, and that the day he dies will be back at their castle.

"“He wants to go home,” Meera told Bran. “He will not even try and fight his fate. He says the greendreams do not lie.” "

Of course, home could be figurative instead of literal, but the way I see it he knows he's going to die, and that the day he dies will be back at their castle.

Or maybe he told Howland he was going to be over a friend's house studying this whole time and is going to be totally grounded for like 2 months.

I agree with what other people have written about Bran and his group's entry. The Children of the forrest and their home are creepy and simply cannot be that easy to find them. I wonder if these people who claim to be the children are deceivers and they are using Bran in some way. On the other hand, if they are who they say they are then Bran will remain their for a very long time until he himself is replaced.

Where is it explicity stated that Bran has to stay in the bowels of the weirwood with the children forever? All Bloodraven said was that he would need years of training and that he will never walk but can learn to fly. Bloodraven had a long life as Kings Hand and then NW Commander and he was known for his sorcery then. He is wedded to the tree now to extend his life. At some point Bran will be able to leave the weirwood and perhaps be Lord of Winterfell if he wants. When he is old or needs to train his replacement he would return and be wedded permanently to his own weirwood to extend his life.

Where is it explicity stated that Bran has to stay in the bowels of the weirwood with the children forever? All Bloodraven said was that he would need years of training and that he will never walk but can learn to fly. Bloodraven had a long life as Kings Hand and then NW Commander and he was known for his sorcery then. He is wedded to the tree now to extend his life. At some point Bran will be able to leave the weirwood and perhaps be Lord of Winterfell if he wants. When he is old or needs to train his replacement he would return and be wedded permanently to his own weirwood to extend his life.

that's an awfully optimistic view, sir.

seems far more likely that because of the fact that Bran is getting the same chair/training that Bloodraven has, that Bloodraven is nearing the end of his life, and that Bran is crippled, there's very little chance Bran leaves that cave ever again... when he's not skinchanging, that is.

he wouldn't need to leave the weirwoods to be lord of Winterfell. For one, Winterfell has a weirwood, and for another thing, he could rule in the skins of a series of crows (since crows can talk). I somewhat doubt that this will happen (it just seems too fantastic for ASoIaF), but it could.

Bran being stuck in the cave would be the cruelest thing Martin has done in the series for me. Losing his legs, his family, his home, only to have to spend the rest of his life alone in a cave stuck to a tree? I've always felt that Martin hated the Starks, but damn.

I doubt that anything bad has happened to Jojen... yet. When he dies I'm assuming we'll see it and he'll announce "This is the day I die." Actually now that I think about it, he would be a pretty awesome prologue for the next book as he is making his way south to the wall, runs into the army of others, and is then brutally killed.

that's an awfully optimistic view, sir.

seems far more likely that because of the fact that Bran is getting the same chair/training that Bloodraven has, that Bloodraven is nearing the end of his life, and that Bran is crippled, there's very little chance Bran leaves that cave ever again... when he's not skinchanging, that is.

What makes you think I am a sir?

That's an awfully pessimistic view. Of course he has his own chair. He can't use Bloodraven's. I believe that Bloodraven was a farseer when he was the Hand and the LC. I do not believe he needed the tree to be a farseer as he could warg into one at will. He needs the tree now to live. The Dunk & Egg novels have more information on Bloodraven. He was feared for his sorcery capabilities and eventually got sent to the Wall because he was so feared.

IMHO, Bran is with him now for training only.

he wouldn't need to leave the weirwoods to be lord of Winterfell. For one, Winterfell has a weirwood, and for another thing, he could rule in the skins of a series of crows (since crows can talk). I somewhat doubt that this will happen (it just seems too fantastic for ASoIaF), but it could.

That may be the solution to Winterfell's rule at the series' end. Young Rickon rules the north effectively because he gets advice from his older brother Bran via weirwood/crows.

The Children of the forrest and their home are creepy and simply cannot be that easy to find them.

Bran and the Reeds didn't find them. They were led to them by Bloodraven's reanimated corpse servant.

Beyond that, I don't see any reason to think there was a Jojen and Meera cliffhanger. Jojen and Meera are still in the cave with Bran at the end of that chapter.

Archived