Should GRRM have a cameo?

Pretty Pig

I can't imagine Gurm can pull off an accent. Given that everyone sounds like they are from the UK I would feel it out of place if they had a Manderly with an American accent. Might be that his acting is on par with Stephen King and Stan Lee for that matter. Anything more focused than having him be one of the smallfolk would end up as distracting and unnecessary as my examples.

• 1 year later...

I just read on my way to work that GRRM will be in season 3. Who do you think he'll be? Will he get a speaking role like Stan Lee usually does? Or will he be silent and almost hard to find in the background of some scene like Hitchcock?

EDIT: didn't realize this thread was so old but I thought why not just jump on the end of an old one than start a whole new one...

LINK: http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/game-of-thrones-creator-george-r-r-martin-season-3-cameo-hbo/

I concur with those who have suggested GRRM should get a non-speaking role. GoT seems to prefer old Jersey accents to New Jersey accents.

I see him as an innkeeper at the Inn of the Crossroads. And after shit goes down there in Season 3 he can be nervously raising his hands, backing into a corner, as if to say ("take whatever you want, Hound! please don't kill me!")

• 2 weeks later...

If he can act, I like the idea of a small but serious role. The idea of the Reader sounds good.

If he can't act, I'd like a background appearance or two where it'd be fun to look out and spot him. What I'd hope to avoid are the type of meta *wink, wink* Stan Lee-type cameos. I tend to find those groan inducing, even in the context of goofy Spider-Man movies.

Archived