BwB/Sisterhood With Standards Tattoo Orgy

Odie

Mmm, I dunno... I kind of feel if they guys were going to get a tat, they should get something else, let the girls keep the blue rose for themselves. ;)

Now don't ask me what the guys should get, because apart from dragons I'm coming up blank. :P

Yeah, I've been rolling the Y chromosome idea around in my head ever since I first posted this... of course it's not exclusive to females only... but it would be cool if we kept the blue roses for females (and those who may moreso identify themselves as female) and come up with Something Else Cool for the guys.

The cool thing about a blue rose is that it's a pretty Standard Issue Tattoo, so you can pretty much walk in anywhere and get one. Finding something that universal that's SoIaF related for a guy... I just don't know, nothing's coming to me, 'cept maybe a sword or a raven.

There's also the issue of getting something that's fairly simple and can be completed quickly in a group-like setting like this. Sure anyone can design a kick-ass tattoo, but these things take TIME... little roses that they do all the time are going to be way less labor, time, and financially intensive.

Lodey, I would be honoured if you chose the blue rose as well. I don't think it would be lame at all, I think it would be wicked, and it would not be the first time I have seen a rose on a man. But, I don't have to tell you about tattoos being a lifelong commitment kinda thing, you already know that ;)

The BwB has always been about unity, coming together across gender, class, race, and nationality divides. IMO, I think it would be kinda cooler to have a tattoo that anyone in the bwb could get, and would want to. :)

Lodey, I would be honoured if you chose the blue rose as well. I don't think it would be lame at all, I think it would be wicked, and it would not be the first time I have seen a rose on a man. But, I don't have to tell you about tattoos being a lifelong commitment kinda thing, you already know that ;)

The BwB has always been about unity, coming together across gender, class, race, and nationality divides. IMO, I think it would be kinda cooler to have a tattoo that anyone in the bwb could get, and would want to. :)

Well of course it's not an exclusive thing...whatever you guys decide, I don't much care. :)

Seriously, you guys... You should look around this site. She has a lot of wolves, dragons and ravens, too.

Several other roses- including a blue one. Her version of the Tudor rose is especially pretty. But I think I would pick one of the peony patterns and have it changed to a rose.

http://www.luckyfishart.com/heraldicrose.html

I would link to some of the better designs... but I have somehow lost my URL window and can't seem to get it back.

I think if I do the tattoo thing (since I've been thinking about it for a while) I'd get a direwolf with a blue rose in its mouth. Still contemplating the where though.

I have a panther with a rose in it's mouth on the inside of my right calf. (it's hard to see unless I'm flashing my legs at you ;) ) It's from a long, long time ago, before I knew of GRRM, so the rose is red.

Granted it's about a million to one shot for me to go to LA, but if I did, and I was going in on the tattoos with ya'll...If the women are getting blue roses, should the men be getting something like a red, three headed dragon? Though that might be too much...maybe a nice little warhammer...dripping some blood...? :P

I want to call the tattoo shop by Friday... if anyone has any ideas for another shop to use, please let me know ASAP.

I can always cancel the appointment (plus I don't know if a deposit will be required) but I want to at least get the info.

Assuming I can make it to LA, I am in. If not, I will get one done locally. I sure hope I can make it. Even though I haven't met any of y'all, it would mean so much more to me to get it done with you. So cross your fingers and send good Government money vibes my way! :)

Syrra

Syrra! That rocks :D

I'm willing to bet they could put a ladybug on your rose, if you so desired ;) The contrast between the bright blue and the ladybug red would be nifty and really make it stand out. ;)

You ladies (and the guys too, of course) are awesome. I can see your trip to the tattoo parlor easily being the main event of Worldcon this year. For those of us who won't be lucky enough to be there in person, I'd like to beg a favor. Take LOTS of pictures!

Archived