NPR contest for best SF/Fantasy

tybeechris

Only just saw this list. Yes, there are some glaring omissions, but having said that, pretty good list collecting classics of the genre.

It's also interesting that pretty much all of them are have a very postive score on Amazon.com if you research them.

Only just saw this list. Yes, there are some glaring omissions, but having said that, pretty good list collecting classics of the genre.

It's also interesting that pretty much all of them are have a very postive score on Amazon.com if you research them.

So does Stanek.

I think the original list of voteable books, is a much better resource than the final numbered list.

It gives you inspiration to try books that someone has thought was great, and there is a chance you will like it too. Noone likes everything on that list, and how you would rate them compared to each other is very subjective. That means that the numbered list is pretty useless, as it will not represent the individuel preferences of any of the people who read it.

I liked the first list, and will maybe use it as a reference, (in a way similar the top100 board list). But the numbered list is useless to me.

Archived