Unanswered questions at the end of A Feast for Crows (spoilers if you haven't finished the book)

Arya79

Hi, I started a thread like this on the SOS board, and I just finished AFFC so am starting it over here. Please post and discuss the questions you still have at the end of AFFC. Unfortunately, many of mine are the same. I don't think any of my questions from the end of SOS were answered in AFFC:

-Where is Benjen Stark?

-What is Jon's true parentage?

-Will any of the Starks ever reunite?

-Where is Rickon?

-What is going on with Bran and co.?

-Will we see Syrio again? (My feeling in this series is that if they don't describe the death, it may not have happened)

-How is Littlefinger going to play Sansa to his advantage?

-Where is Tyrion? How did he find someplace where no one would find him?

-Where is Varys?

-Is Arya really blind?

-Will Arya and Nymeria reunite?

-Is the Hound alive or undead?

Thank you for starting this thread, Arya. Many of the questions you shared are questions I want to know, as well (and you thought of several I didn't think of!!).

I wonder what Brienne's fate will be. She cried out a word as they were hanging her--does that word save her? (I was SHOCKED that they actually hung Podrick Payne, but perhaps they did that to show that Lady Stoneheart intends to truly live up to her name.)

Thank you for starting this thread, Arya. Many of the questions you shared are questions I want to know, as well (and you thought of several I didn't think of!!).

I wonder what Brienne's fate will be. She cried out a word as they were hanging her--does that word save her? (I was SHOCKED that they actually hung Podrick Payne, but perhaps they did that to show that Lady Stoneheart intends to truly live up to her name.)

Oh yeah! Good one! Did she say something of significance in relation to Sansa? Or did she cave and say something that was the key to Lady Stoneheart's revenge on Jamie? Let's hope this is answered in A Dance with Dragons because I can't bear to wait another few years for the answer.

Syrio is dead.

I can't accept this. I don't know why, but I can't. In the book, and in the show, they specifically did not mention or show him dying. Since GRRM has no problem describing deaths in grisly gory detail, I'm wondering if they intentionally kept this vague.

I can't accept this. I don't know why, but I can't. In the book, and in the show, they specifically did not mention or show him dying. Since GRRM has no problem describing deaths in grisly gory detail, I'm wondering if they intentionally kept this vague.

I did read a GRRM interview where he basically said that unless their head is chopped off any character is viable for a return. So that plants a seed of doubt in my head, but Syrio was a relatively minor character who despite being cool had no effect on the storyline.

Although I would be more shocked if he came back than if Tywin did.

I'm thinking Brienne said "Arya" hoping Lady Catelyn/Stoneheart was not aware she may be still alive?

Who are the grey sheep Marywn talks about to Sam?

What is the meaning of the word that the Citadel is building has no place for prophecies, sorcery, dragons or glass candles?

The 'grey sheep' are the cabal of maesters Marwyn believes are trying to remove magic from the world.

the hound is one of my favorite characters and after the septon said he buried the hound i was devastated. but as someone said before, if martin hasn't described the death or shown us a body i hold out hope that they are still alive. dondarrion is another that even though he almost surely is dead, i can still hope.

I don't about the 'Martin hasn't described the death or shown the body' rule. Characters die on-screen and come back, others 'die' but it's just wordplay like with Arya and the axe, and then there are all the off-screen deaths.

But I do know it pays to read that particular chapter with close attention to the Elder Brother's choice of words and the tall Silent Brother with a limp...

Is Margaery innocent of what Cersei frames her for? If so, is Pycelle lying about the moon tea or if not why would she need it?

I believe tha marge is innocent just form the mere fact of how careful the Tyrells are as a family when it comes to scheming. And by the Tyrells I mean the Queen of Thornes. They covered their tracks well when questioning Sansa about Joff. and they certainly have the realm thinking that Tyrion slayer his nephew.

I think Marge was getting the tea for one of her cousins who may have become impregnated by one of the visiting Lords or knights. It may have even been the Blue Bard himself.

Sooo...I don't think Pycelle was lying about the moon tea. It's that Cersei was trying to get Pycelle to imply that the tea was specifically for Marge. If not coax him into saying it then she would, in her own diluted mind, have the justification to implicate all the Tyrells for treason and fornication. I believe that Alla was the cousin that was sipping on the moon tea. But that's just my theory.

I was really curious about Marwyn, since I just noticed that he was mentioned by Mirri Maz Duur in GoT when she is questioned about what she knows of healing by Dany and Jorah. Sam's whole last chapter brought up a ton of questions for me: What's up with Marwyn, what have the Maester's been up to this whole time (Many people don't seem to really trust them), and who or what is Pate now?

I believe tha marge is innocent just form the mere fact of how careful the Tyrells are as a family when it comes to scheming. And by the Tyrells I mean the Queen of Thornes. They covered their tracks well when questioning Sansa about Joff. and they certainly have the realm thinking that Tyrion slayer his nephew.

I think Marge was getting the tea for one of her cousins who may have become impregnated by one of the visiting Lords or knights. It may have even been the Blue Bard himself.

Sooo...I don't think Pycelle was lying about the moon tea. It's that Cersei was trying to get Pycelle to imply that the tea was specifically for Marge. If not coax him into saying it then she would, in her own diluted mind, have the justification to implicate all the Tyrells for treason and fornication. I believe that Alla was the cousin that was sipping on the moon tea. But that's just my theory.

But the septa's "inspected" her, they said she couldn't be a maiden so I think that's true enough at least.

But the septa's "inspected" her, they said she couldn't be a maiden so I think that's true enough at least.

Except Cersei apparently thinks that it's just as likely she lost it to a horse.

Archived