Unanswered questions at the end of A Feast for Crows (spoilers if you haven't finished the book)

Arya79

I think right now, in my own order of importance, I'd rather know, first, if Arya's really blind or no.

Past that, the whole game with Cersei and Margaery's maidenhood is killing me here. Margaery could very likely have lost hers from riding horses, but now I wonder if she and Renly actually consummated their marriage, even with his sexuality as obvious as it is. I just really want to know which one of the queens is going to win. What happens to the loser? Was this all a clever Tyrell gamble? Which queen will Tommen support? Will the septons get Cersei's secrets (like the incest) out of her?

And though Sansa was never my favorite, I'm dying to know what's in it for Littlefinger.

Of course, Brienne's fate. I was starting to love poor brave Pod. Even Hyle. I really wonder what she could've said to possibly move Lady (annoying) Stoneheart.

And I'd appreciate certain knowledge of Loras (he can't die! Please!), Davos, Sandor, Syrio, Gilly's baby, etc. Bring it on, Dance.

Of course, Brienne's fate. I was starting to love poor brave Pod. Even Hyle. I really wonder what she could've said to possibly move Lady (annoying) Stoneheart.

Most think it was the word sword or Arya. Personally, I'm not sure what to think.

I think right now, in my own order of importance, I'd rather know, first, if Arya's really blind or no.

Past that, the whole game with Cersei and Margaery's maidenhood is killing me here. Margaery could very likely have lost hers from riding horses, but now I wonder if she and Renly actually consummated their marriage, even with his sexuality as obvious as it is. I just really want to know which one of the queens is going to win. What happens to the loser? Was this all a clever Tyrell gamble? Which queen will Tommen support? Will the septons get Cersei's secrets (like the incest) out of her?

And though Sansa was never my favorite, I'm dying to know what's in it for Littlefinger.

And I'd appreciate certain knowledge of Loras (he can't die! Please!), Davos, Sandor, Syrio, Gilly's baby, etc. Bring it on, Dance.

If it weren't for the TV show, I'd just be chalking Renly up as a snappy dresser. My gaydar kind of sucks though...

I've actually grown to like Littlefinger and how he thrives on chaos. He's grown into quite an interesting character for me. Varys too, but it's been a while since we've seen him (just coming across his back story in early DwD, but still no reappearance).

As far as deaths, if we take everything at face value in AFfC, that would also mean Davos is dead. But the blurb at the end pretty much confirms he isn't. I don't think third-party accounts of character deaths (e.g., the main monk telling Brienne, et al. that Sandor is dead) can really be taken at face value.

Story-wise, Hyle was just starting to become an interesting character when the hangings took place. I've just got kind of an intuitive hunch that those three may yet make it, primarily based on how their character arcs were flowing up to that point. But then again, intuition tells us that the earth is flat and that blood-letting is a good remedy for what ails you.

• 2 weeks later...

Arya IS blind, temporarily. Remember what happened before she became blind? Did she take anything? Also, read ADWD.

Brienne has a part in Dance. ;) As for Loras, Mace Tyrell confirms his injuries. Not dead, but not quite the Knight of Flowers that he usually is.

You'll be somewhat disappointed, since there are a few (if any) updates regarding Sandor, Syrio, etc. in ADWD. Wait, Syrio? He is dead since A Game of Thrones. He finally said "Yes" to the god of death.

Archived