Robert, Renly, or Stannis

seanbean4lyfe

I really wish we could play the Shag, Marry, and Kill with these three :frown5: because that would be perfect!

But we can't...

ANYWAYS!

Which one do you like the best?

It can be personality wise, attaction wise, leadership wise...whatever!

I personally liked Renly the best. I thought he was funny...the way he made fun of Joff are some of my favorite scenes from GoT.

Best person to rule Westeros? Nah, but he was still jolly good fun...and very attractive ;)

Who know, maybe he could have made it work.

So, are you a Robert, Renly or Stannis?

Renly easily would have made the most sense for Westeros. He was able to reconcile the vast majority of the regions under one throne. Highgarden was in the bag with Margery and Loras in the Kingsguard. He could have made Tywin HotK to keep Casterly Rock in the fold. Ned would have gone back to Winterfell and the Riverlands would have followed the North in going home and resuming normal life.

The only region to worry about would be Dorne. They were still seething about Elia and her children. Once a Targaryen came to Westeros (Dany or Aegon VI), they would have definitely thrown in with their cause to make sure the Lannisters, Starks, Baratheons and Arryns were punished and removed from the throne.

I really like stannis, cool guy good tactician and the man of the justice.... :)

renly's jokes around joff were great .. i remember how he aws making fun of him at arya/butcher boy/sansa/joff/lady situation

HAHA how he had to leave the room because he was laughing so hard. classic :lol:

but yeah, Stannis is pretty cool too, he just isn't as easy going! But he does have unitentionally humorous scenes ^_^

Until I sat and thought about it, I probably would have said Renly, for his peach and for Brienne. But, after I thought, I surprised myself...Stannis. I dig his sense of responsibility, his unintentionally hilariousness, and his relationship with Davos.

Robert just grosses me out.

I liked Robert. The big drunken lout of a man who wants nothing more than to drink, fight and screw.

Renly in the books was solid. I was not a fan of his portrayal in the show. I love how they had to kick him out of the hall when they were discussing Nymerias attack on Joffrey in AGoT. They failed to catch that idea for him in the show.

Definitely Renly, he's charismatic, witty, stylish, and a homo! Robert was a good warrior, but a bad king, and a drunk on top of that. I don't like Stannis at all, he's a total stick in the mud, and he burns people to death. not cool.

I liked Robert. The big drunken lout of a man who wants nothing more than to drink, fight and screw.

Renly in the books was solid. I was not a fan of his portrayal in the show. I love how they had to kick him out of the hall when they were discussing Nymerias attack on Joffrey in AGoT. They failed to catch that idea for him in the show.

I k ow right! They totally lost his personality in the shie =/

Yeah, that scene will forever be one of my favorites. :D

Robert all the way but not king Robert i think i would have liked to see robert when he and Ned were true best friends when they were young. God willing if George makes it to the finish and completes this series i would love to see a 3 book prequel trilogy of young Ned and Robert from their times at the eyrie to Roberts eventual rise to king or to the greyjoy rebellion. We've heard alot about it but i would love to have a couple of books just chronically Ned and Robert they died before their times.

For me, definitely Robert. The man knew how to have a good time and a good laugh, he was a loyal friend, and he could smell Lannister BS a mile off. Yes he was fallible, but the best humans are. He may not have been the greatest King in Westerosi history but he brought the realm together and didn't stand for any nonsense from those like the Ironborn! He had a heap load of bastards, but given what we've seen of most of them, they've inherited an innate honor that came from their father. Besides, given the fact that none of his "legitimate" heirs are actually his, it's a good thing he sowed his seed in other grounds. He was a fighter, a lover and a friend. I miss him!

Ooooh, great question! It's a tough call...

Part of me wants to say Robert, since he was at least up front and real about what he was good at. As another poster already said, all he knew how to do was fight, drink and screw - and, he KNEW that's all he was good for.

I'm sure he had a certain amount of charisma when he was younger. His days spent sitting on the Iron Throne certainly weren't good for him - nor, anyone who gets that responsibility, it would seem.

Otherwise, I'd choose Stannis. There's just something about his complete, rigid, no-nonsense style that I really like. I don't know what it is!

For me, definitely Robert. The man knew how to have a good time and a good laugh, he was a loyal friend, and he could smell Lannister BS a mile off. Yes he was fallible, but the best humans are. He may not have been the greatest King in Westerosi history but he brought the realm together and didn't stand for any nonsense from those like the Ironborn! He had a heap load of bastards, but given what we've seen of most of them, they've inherited an innate honor that came from their father. Besides, given the fact that none of his "legitimate" heirs are actually his, it's a good thing he sowed his seed in other grounds. He was a fighter, a lover and a friend. I miss him!

He could not smell Lannister anything. He got three million in debt to Casterly Rock, made Jaime Warden of the East, wanted to foster Robert Arryn with Tywin, and most importantly of all was completely oblivious to the fact that his wife was cheating on him with one of his bodyguards and that "his" three children are not his own.

Robert all the way but not king Robert i think i would have liked to see robert when he and Ned were true best friends when they were young. God willing if George makes it to the finish and completes this series i would love to see a 3 book prequel trilogy of young Ned and Robert from their times at the eyrie to Roberts eventual rise to king or to the greyjoy rebellion. We've heard alot about it but i would love to have a couple of books just chronically Ned and Robert they died before their times.

I agree. That would be fuckin sweeett!

Young frat boy Robert is LEGENDARY

Probably Stannis. Despite his shortcomings and stick-in-the-mud attitude, I find him a very interesting character, and I believe that he is, for the most part, a "good man", and he's definitely a strong leader. Not the best, but far from the worst. He is well-intentioned, even if he may not always seem so.

That being said, I really liked the character of Robert. Like Stannis, I do believe he was a good man deep down inside, and I think he would have been much better off he hadn't decided to be king. He had a really interesting personality, probably the most interesting of the three brothers.

Renly...I guess I'm neutral to Renly. He had his moments, and I don't hate him or anything, but I can't say I was particularly sad when he died or anything. I honestly don't think he would have been that much better of a king than Robert. They'd be bad kings in DIFFERENT ways, for sure, but I just not got the sense of Renly being a competent ruler (charm isn't everything).

And I agree with the person who said that a combination of those three brothers would have made the perfect ruler. It's so noticeable that I would be surprised if GRRM hadn't purposely had that in mind when creating the characters.

Archived