The Latest Upgrade

Quoth

ETA: Just a note--and please--I don't care, I'M NOT BITCHING AND COMPLAINING, lol, just letting you know. I saw that my post count in my profile is different than it appears here. Again, I don't care a whit, just reporting in.

This has pretty much always been the case with the profile post count. I can't remember what causes it. (ETA: I'm pretty sure it has something to do with posting in Forum Games, but I might be wrong.) But it's not new to this version of the software, I don't think.

This has pretty much always been the case with the profile post count. I can't remember what causes it. (ETA: I'm pretty sure it has something to do with posting in Forum Games, but I might be wrong.) But it's not new to this version of the software, I don't think.

Okey-doke, no problema...

I have also lost all subtitles.

And on mobile your choice is last post, lost the ability to go to a certain page.

Oh well, will feel better when people get their avatars back up, all these blank faces suck. =)

I suppose it will have to wait in the queue, I can only imagine how much work the upgrade is generating for you all, but I noticed that in My Content the titles of threads that I've read are red on a red background, and extremely hard to read. The unread ones are fine, because they've got a tan highlight/background.

Getting used to the new look, but I'm happy that I will no longer have to make daily sacrifices to the SQL god, and having My Content back is making me a pretty happy bunny. :)

Malt,

I suspect that you set up your animated image before I turned that feature on, so your reload of it made it work.

Alexia,

Yes, noticed that too, and not sure there's anything we can really do about that one right now as there's simply no style set up to handle the read case, so far as I know. We'll look into it, however.

ETA:

Don't be too optimistic, re: SQL errors. We were having plenty last night. I'm hoping that as people get their avatars sorted, there'll be fewer people hitting the resource-intesive profile area, and things will settle down. We still plan to see if we can move to a new server some time this month, provided things line up regarding the colocation and pricing for a beefier server.

I can now randomly and occasionally, momentarily log on as Bones now. I still blame the Air Force for this, but seriously, this close Facebook association is bollocks.

At least change the site from .org to .com so new people know what they're joining.

Apologies for the trouble you're having, but it really has nothing to do with Facebook Login, far as I know. Email me at [email protected], and I can try and help sort out the issue. The most important thing is... have you used your login name to sign in, rather than your display name?

Don't be too optimistic, re: SQL errors. We were having plenty last night.

Yeah, I just got another one so I am off in search of a suitable floob to sacrifice. :bawl: Good luck in everything, and I at least rather like the new look. *ducks flying stones*

I have. It's just that I have to attempt to sign in up to a dozen times before it takes. And there's no telling how long it will stay signed in. Whereas if I sign in as my Facebook self it works fine. I really don't like Facebook being associated with, anything really, so it's both befuddling and aggravating.

But no worries! I probably should try working at work anyway...

Heresy.

I'm so ashamed...

ETA: Linda, I was implying that the new Westeros is now in corporate bed with Facebook and should be a proper .com as a result.

Mainly I was just being a whiny jerk because I was cranky. Please disregard. :)

I will be updating the unofficial Stark and Targaryen skins over the next few days. I will be adding an option to hide avatars for those of us browsing at work.

If anyone has any requests for styling options let me know and I will consider them. The red on red thing I can take care of.

To use the unofficial skins you need to be using Firefox or Chrome with the Stylish plug-in installed.

Browser: Firefox 6.0.1

Skin: Mobile

Problem 1 (more irritating): If I quote someone, and hit reply, I must manually enter all of the HTML code for my part of the post, including the paragraph tags to insert line breaks. There does not appear to be any option to toggle between a rich text editor and raw HTML, so I'm not sure why this is happening now. I haven't noticed it happening when I've replied in general (but then I can't swear 100% that I have posted on this interface since the upgrade).

Problem 2 (less irritating): A lot of the buttons and such appear to be fixed-size and in the wrong spot. So I see a button that says "

Archived