Steven Cole Cast In Got (role Not Yet Known)

Werthead

British actor Steven Cole, who rose to fame as a child actor on the soap Brookside, has been cast in GoT. According to his Tweets, he's playing a role that involves horse-riding.

Nothing else is known yet. People have asked him on Twitter if he can elaborate more. Popular guesses for the role seem to include a Dothraki (maybe a reintroduced Jhogo, since Drogo is now gone?), a Qartheen or a mercenary (say one of Salladhor's men or a Brave Companion?) of some kind. Jalabher Xho seems rather unlikely at this time. Another possibility might be someone from Dorne, if Dornish characters are - somehow - being brought forwards to this season.

Since you are suggesting Dothraki and Dornish, I'm assuming he has darker skin? I can't seem to find a picture of him. Still waiting for the Tullys to be cast, so I was hoping he might be Edmure. But if he is dark skinned, that wouldn't work of course.

Since you are suggesting Dothraki and Dornish, I'm assuming he has darker skin? I can't seem to find a picture of him. Still waiting for the Tullys to be cast, so I was hoping he might be Edmure. But if he is dark skinned, that wouldn't work of course.

My first link has several pictures of him :)

My first link has several pictures of him :)

Oops... :blushing:

I didn't notice it was two links and was looking at the IMDB link.

He could be Dothraki. Maybe one of Dany's bloodriders that wasn't shown in the 1st season? He could be one of the Bloody Mummers. Or he could be Dornish I guess, though that isn't how I pictured them.

so, so pretty. I desperately hope he's not going to be the second bloodrider from the left or some bloody bloody mummer, but I can't really think of anything else. my best hope would be dornish, but he's too young for oberyn and quentyn won't appear any time soon and I don't see them bringing in the dornish in this season anyway.

damn you, nina gold. why cast that prettyness for some blink-and-you-miss-it bit part? such a waste.

Maybe he's some character-as-exposition-device invented for the show à la ros? (eg. to give a voice to the dothraki side of things - I'd like them to expand the scenes with dany's entourage).

He's been doing a fair bit of horse-riding, going by his Tweets, and now he's off to Dubrovnik, which suggests either a King's Landing or Qarth role. Unless of course Dubrovnik is also filling in for Harrenhal, in which case the role could be anything :)

Archived