9 replies to this topic

#1 mor2

mor2

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

After the Password reset, I tried to update the password to something that I can remember but the "Email & Password" form, in the "my settings" sections dont work.
because of the required fields in the Email Address section, any attempt to change the password gives you the error that "You must complete the entire form".

#2 Alexia

Alexia

Sailing the Stanvos Ship

• Members
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

My user name was showing up in the Confirm Email box automatically. Once I deleted it out of there, I was able to change my password back to what it is supposed to be.

#3 Xray the Enforcer

Xray the Enforcer

Ginslayer

• Board Moderators
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

My user name was showing up in the Confirm Email box automatically. Once I deleted it out of there, I was able to change my password back to what it is supposed to be.

yep. I had that problem as well, and once I deleted that erroneous fill-in, all was good.

#4 mor2

mor2

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

@Alexia, that worked, thanks.

Edited by mor2, 10 September 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#5 ICE CROW

ICE CROW

She's the closest to Heaven that i've ever been.

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

I had noticed the password issue about an hour and a half before the initial shut down of the board. I had already done the whole reset password through email thing also before the board shut down. Just posting to say that even though i changed my password before the shutdown it seems to be working just fine.

#6 julandro

julandro

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hello. I've had to change my password. Besides I can not access my profile. I can not use the search tool Are you deactivated?

#7 ICE CROW

ICE CROW

She's the closest to Heaven that i've ever been.

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hello. I've had to change my password. Besides I can not access my profile. I can not use the search tool Are you deactivated?

Ability to view profiles and use search, are only turned on occasionally. When those functions are turned on it affects the stability of the board, issues should be sorted out soon when the board switches servers. No ETA on when server switch might happen.

Edited by ICE CROW, 11 September 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#8 julandro

julandro

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Ability to view profiles and use search, are only turned on occasionally. When those functions are turned on it affects the stability of the board, issues should be sorted out soon when the board switches servers. No ETA on when server switch might happen.

Ok, thanks. Anyway, thought everything was already solved.

#9 julandro

julandro

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

It's been 3 or 4 day and I can not change my password. The one before was lost and now I have a password that is too long.

#10 AryaPrevails

AryaPrevails

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

After the Password reset, I tried to update the password to something that I can remember but the "Email & Password" form, in the "my settings" sections dont work.
because of the required fields in the Email Address section, any attempt to change the password gives you the error that "You must complete the entire form".

This has recently happened to me and after searching the forum with various keywords, I stumbled upon this thread. It would be helpful if it was noted somewhere on the CP panel page, since it seems to have happened to several people.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, Password