Ser Duncan's progeny

Which Tyler

• 3 months later...

Just because somebody's tall we shouldn't assume they're descended from Dunk. But if we get a couple more clies then we're golden. The shield Brienne has painted seals the deal but we also have Jaime asking Brienne if she's as thick as a castle wall, just like Dunk the Lunk.

Small Paul is very big too. And Lark the Sisterman says Small Paulis as thick as a castle wall. But there is also this...

We cant go back emptyhand, Lark, rumbled Small Paul through the brown whiskers that covered most of his face. The Lord Commander wouldnt like that. There was ice under the big mans squashed pug nose, where his snot had frozen. A huge hand in a thick fur glove clenched tight around the shaft of a spear.

Prologue, Storm

And what is all this merriment? The voice cut through the laughter, cool and firm. Will no one share the jape? Ser knight, why are you troubling my good-sister?

It was the girl he had seen earlier at the archery butts. She had a quiver of arrows on one hip, and held a longbow that was just as tall as she was, which wasnt very tall. If Dunk was shy an inch of seven feet, the archer was shy an inch of five. He could have spanned her waist with his two hands. Her red hair was bound up in a braid so long it brushed past her thighs, and she had a dimpled chin, a snub nose, and a light spray of freckles across her cheeks.

Forgive us, Lady Rohanne. The speaker was a pretty young lord with the Caswell centaur embroidered on his doublet. This great oaf took the Lady Helicent for you.

The Sworn Sword

From Merriam-Webster:

pug nose: a nose having a slightly concave bridge and flattened nostrils

snubnosed: having a stubby and usually slightly turned-up nose

My theory I've stated in other threads, but I'll add in here just for fun.

I think Dunk had two children at Summerhall, two ever... And I think both were sired on a bastards of Daeron the Drunkard. Not really a lot of evidence to support this, except a few hunches.

Daeron was a huge womanizer and likely had a lot of bastards showing up every now and again, and nothing to do with them. Introducing one to Dunk is a very likely scenario. It may even fit with his prophetic dreams he was having of a "Dragon falling on Drunk and it being dead and him alive." Also in evidence is we know Daeron fathered a simpleton bastard, and it's not inconceivable this female Hodor ended up in Dunk's bed one night. Dunk does have a tendency to get roaring drunk at random. So... there you have it, two likely candidates and he never has to leave Summerhall. I believe when Brienne's heir was escaped from Summerhall before the tragedy, ala Rhaegar, the heir had with him/her that shield of Dunk's and that's all I got. Keep in mind, a few random heirs of Dunk would have been not so interesting to most people. So whoever rescued those two heirs was likely to set them off almost anywhere.

Archived