Sandor Clegane 3

Black Amethyst

This occurred to me last night, so let me open discussion in a different direction for a second.

We've talked a lot about Sansa's future path and how the Hound fits into that. This idea might be a whole thing, but I never see it mentioned. What if Sansa were to leave the Vale and run into Gendry???

Everyone always talks about Gendry in relation to Arya, which I get, but let's remember Arya left. I still think that Gendry is a part of this interlocking puzzle, and it seems to fit with what Sansa could end up doing.

-In AFFC Brienne runs into Gendry while looking for Sansa. After she figures out who he is she wants to go back there. What if she finds Sansa there?

-The Inn at the Crossroads seems to be a place where people have run into each other several times. This trend may continue.

-If Sansa were to leave, but remain in the persona of Alayne Stone, that could very well be a place she might want to hang out in for a while.

-Sandor could end up back there too, at some point.

I'm still totally for Sandor to meet up with Sansa, I will always be a fan of that, but seriously, how cute would Gendry and Sansa be together?? He's like what, sixteen? I bet if she ran into him she would totally dig him. He's a pretty handsome boy with those Baratheon genetics....and his blacksmith muscles. And just imagine the scene if Sandor showed up and found her playing house with a bunch of feral kids and the blacksmith boy? Would he not be so jealous?

You make a couple of fabulous points, BA. I like the idea of some of our long-awaited reunions taking place at the Inn at the Crossroads. A lot of important shit has gone down there; actually a lot of terrible shit has gone down there as well. I'd be scared for Sansa if she ended up there, but I think that's the most likely place where's she's liable to reunite with other important figures.

Now I'm tempted to go back and notate all the major and minor events that take place at that inn.

But secondly, I think that if there's any eligible bachelor currently on the horizon (besides of course Pod, king of studs) who might derail SanSan, it just might be Gendry. He's a handsome bugger, close to Sansa's age, relatively humble (i.e., not a pompous dick like Joffrey or like Harry sounds like he may end up being), and sort of a grump -- or at least he comes across that way on occasion when hangin' out with Arya. He looks like a young Robert. Renly looked like a young Robert. Sansa described Renly as the most beautiful man she'd ever seen. Though as I mentioned above, she's very quickly learning the lesson Margaery learned from Olenna: "comely" doesn't mean shit. But in Gendry's case, it's an added bonus to the fact that he's just a pretty good kid.

But if she ran into Gendry, then Sansa might run into UnCat....

This is another pic of him on set for Alexander, where his neck is unshaven. I'd love the know what the hell he's wearing.

http://www.flickr.co...ery/4160075217/

Oh shit, that looks like beard connects directly to chest. I'm gonna have to say that it's downright scary. Also, where are the muscles? I thought he was built?

/shallow whore-spider

ETA: Another kitten pic of Rory. Seriously, this man is adorkable.

http://www.flickr.co...ery/5241279863/

yes he looks quite lovable and dorky there. Only who is that HARLOT THAT HE'S GOT HIS ARM AROUND!!!!!!

Does he have his legs crossed in that pic? I knew there was a sensitive side to Sandor :)

yeah looks like it. And he's got leather greaves on, which is cool. And...a weird stained toga thing. All in all, that picture disturbs me. I like the other one better, with the kitty and the harlot.

Where are the I-am-hot-giant-scottish-dude-look-at-muh-muscles pictures?

And most importantly: does this poor guy know that because of the character he's portraying, he's now got this giant fan-base of chicks that dig him regardless of his neck-beard?

And most importantly: does this poor guy know that because of the character he's portraying, he's now got this giant fan-base of chicks that dig him regardless of his neck-beard?

Doubtful. :P The only things I've seen him in apart from GoT are Hot Fuzz and an old Channel 4 sitcom called The Book Group. He's kinda cute in that, and spends a lot of time doing training in his wheelchair. If you're interested ;)

yeah looks like it. And he's got leather greaves on, which is cool. And...a weird stained toga thing. All in all, that picture disturbs me. I like the other one better, with the kitty and the harlot.

I know :) no pressure! I'm trying really hard to love Rory, but I think I'll always have my own personal image of Sandor.

:rofl:

About the Inn at the Crossroads, I feel somehow certain that Sansa is going to wind up meeting unCat. I am sure unCat is going to meet one of her children, Sansa is the only one still known to be alive, and I am dead certain sure that the poor girl is going meet up with her. It would be very interesting if she had Sandor with her at that time -- say the two of them make it to Orphan Inn, and from there the Bwb comes to collect them. Or something like that, I have to work on this theory.

Okay, so here is my theory:

1) LF takes Sansa with him on travel to the Riverlands, and they stop at Orphan Inn

2) Cue BwB scoops them up and takes them off to see unCat

3) UnCat hangs LF for lying to her about the dagger

4) Sansa completely freaks out and escapes, she comes across Septon Meribald who takes her back to the QI

5) Profit

What do y'all think? Reasonable? Unreasonable?

Oh shit, that looks like beard connects directly to chest. I'm gonna have to say that it's downright scary. Also, where are the muscles? I thought he was built?

/shallow whore-spider

yes he looks quite lovable and dorky there. Only who is that HARLOT THAT HE'S GOT HIS ARM AROUND!!!!!!

The neck beard *is* a little off-putting, but they're supposed to have been on campaign for a freakin' long time, so I guess manscaping was out of the question.

The harlot will die.

Does he have his legs crossed in that pic? I knew there was a sensitive side to Sandor :)

Sandor just didn't want a draft up his tunic.

Seriously, though, I've noticed that guys with really long legs seem to be more comfortable straight out crossing them. My fiance does it, as does his father, and they both have really long legs.

Re: muscles - I don't think he's RAWRMUSCLEY, but I do think he has a large frame. That picture is a little deceiving because of the way he's sitting (leaning back into a director-type chair, with his arms partially behind the backrest) and because his toga is baggy on him.

I submit this video instead:

About the Inn at the Crossroads, I feel somehow certain that Sansa is going to wind up meeting unCat. I am sure unCat is going to meet one of her children, Sansa is the only one still known to be alive, and I am dead certain sure that the poor girl is going meet up with her. It would be very interesting if she had Sandor with her at that time -- say the two of them make it to Orphan Inn, and from there the Bwb comes to collect them. Or something like that, I have to work on this theory.

I feel like Sansa will meet with UnCat as well. Hopefully she doesn't freak out on Sandor like she did on Brienne. "YOU WERE JOFFREY'S DOG. HE MURDERED MY HUSBAND. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

I really want UnCat to be the one to dispatch LF.

ETA: Yes, I agree with the above scenario. Although hanging might be too good for LF.

She could also run across Brienne, who knows where the QI is AND about unCat. In fact, Brienne could help Sansa escape and decide to take her to the QI. Of course, nobody wants Brienne as chaperone for San/San but this might be even more logical than Septon Meribald.

It could happen but I hope it doesn't. No child deserves to see their mother in that state. She arguably isn't even Catelyn anymore and it would be too awful for Sansa to witness her mother like that now. Better that by that time Catelyn has gone to rest or she meets LF without Sansa present somehow.

About Brienne (spoilering for those who haven't yet read):

Her quest for Sansa is over. But, I am pretty sure that Jaime is dead now, courtesy of unCat. I think we just got his last POV.

So what will Brienne's character do next? Well, if Sansa were to come to the BwB (and Brienne is still with them) then it would make perfect sense that Brienne might try to scoop her up and help her get away from them. So, she won't be looking for her anymore, but if Sansa falls into her lap...

I like Rory, have some great mental visions of him in a kilt but he is not what I think of when I think of Sandor, either.

I think Sandor is a bit more like HBO-Gregor (except with burns), and Gregor is another foot taller and just as menacing. HBO-Sandor is not scary enough -- but Gregor is scary. The one time Rory really nailed my personal image of Sandor is when he confronted Sansa in her room. That was awesome. All that being said, I have no objections to Rory, enjoy looking at him, and try not to be too upset that the show is interpreting Sandor differently than how I did. I just wish they would give him and Sansa more screen time together.

So... what is Tumblr? I don't quite get what it is and how it works from my scans of it, although there are some cool pictures and it seems female dominated.

*Cue comfort sex.*

And I am cool with HBO-Sandor. Someone was bitchin' about the lack of rage-Hound on one of the GoT threads; really, the show is different, and the characters are going to be different. I also think that what comes across as awesome rageousness in the book would frankly alienate non-book readers who are watching, so instead of rage-Hound they are doing sad-Hound (though I hope we get some more nuance next season). This is cool, though I wish somebody would prescribe the poor bastard an SSRI stat. Oh, and make him show his muscles a lot more. Actually that would probably cheer him up, cause then KL babes would be all:

"We luvs tortured guys with muscles! And you srsly need sex therapies, like with all of us" and then he would get tackled by groupies.

Bottoms up, bitches!

Archived