Davos and a Kraken Horn?

HodorSaysHodor

Thanks for the resurrection of this thread! The horn was mentioned a couple of times in the book and I don't think by mistake. I wondered if it possible had something to do with the Daenerys prophecy that she will face the kraken, whether by this route or the Iron Fleet in Slaver's Bay.

I am very curious about this horn and the Krakens. With all the foreshadowing in place for them I feel that they will definitely make an appearance first hand from a POV character..and I for one look forward to that!

Release the Kraken!

(sorry for the lame reference haha)

i completely forgot about the kraken horn, but it makes sense that this could end up being a major plot point, considering how important the horn of winter and the dragon horn have been. Also, the three horns seems to fit in with Dany's "three" motif (Three betrayals, three dragons, three bloodriders, etc.) quite nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

This horn will most certainly play role in the story too.

Also remember: 'Dead things in the water'. Hello kraken friends...

Just a hunch: could Cotter Pyke actually mean 'things we thought were dead'? Awakened krakens wrecking their small fleet and preventing them from escaping from Hardome? They would be stuck between wights and krakens.

Alternatively, these krakens could indeed be dead and controlled by the Others. Mm.

And let's not forget the report Varys gives to the Council in ASOS (dismissed by Tywin): a kraken was sighted off the Fingers and sank an Ibbanese whaler.

Fairly certain that we will see krakens in the WoW...

I think Aurene Waters will steal the krakens horn (given he's said to have become a pirate) and the fact that its with a Valyrian steel axe makes me believe they will end up in the hands of an Ironborn.

:agree: As soon as I saw the "Valaryan steel axe" listed I was like, whoa victarion could do some damage with that thing! I wonder if a Celtigar smashed the iron born some time in history to gather these rare items which definitely seem to be related to them.

As to the wind horn it would be cool if it summons/binds great falcons or griffins.

• 2 months later...

and now that we're on about krakens likely existing, what about Cotter Pyke's meessage to Jon Snow 'dead things in the sea'? Could it be a Kraken Wight?

By the end of the series i expect one dragon to become a wight to.

me too, or see an ice dragon

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but isn't it possible that Ser Loras Tyrell got hold of the Kraken Horn? We are supposed to believe that he was severely injured at the siege of Dragonstone (which is very close to the Claw Isle). Butt There is a theory which says that he is actually heading to the Shield Islands to repel the Ironborn, and that the whole injury thing was just a way to distract Cersei. If this is true, then a Kraken Horn would fit him very nicely.

This is extremely plausible.

There is also some credence to the Vic theory. I recall him musing about Valyrian blades after they took the shields. Not too far fetched to think they could take Claw Isle on the way to Westeros, should he end up aiding Dany. Or he himself could get diverted there by storms, picks up the goodies.

Mostly I just really, really want someone to Warg a kraken. I just want this so hard...

Dany points out in the last chapter of aDwD, her ancestors would bind dragons with spells and magic forged into horns, Moqorro possibly revealing to Vic that blood magic is a way to ensure said dragon/horn "allows" its' user to be its' master. Victarion does burn AND drown all those whores in order to appease the gods above and below, could this be the horn's required sacrifice to become Vic's weapon? Was it Viserion that was reported as possibly flying away? If so, to where, or whom?

If we think along these lines, what qualifies a horn to be "spellbound" to a particular owner? We see blood magic fairly frequently in the series, Mirri Maaz Durr as an early example, Melisandre, Qyburn, The Undying, The Many-Faced God, skinshifters (specifically Bloodraven) all use them, presumably Dany does too when she Hatches her dragons, possibly again in the fighting pits when she (starts to) gain control of Drogon. Davos himself may be bound by his finger bones, as alluded to by Mel, but once again, to whom?

What series of events leads us to believe the Kraken horn (other than storms) has been bound and used, to whom, and when? Is there even mention of it having effects other than summoning/binding Krakens? What if it's just a farce and will summon a Greyjoy or two? lol... I wish I had more answers than questions, but I did read through for the first time just recently and have alot I need to re-observe before speculating... for now, I'll hope you guys can answer them...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I like this line of thought... However, I personally do not know that Davos' personality would fit with him wielding the Kraken Horn himself though... The Loras Tyrell idea is interesting as well... I doubt GRRM mentioned the Horn's existence for us not to eventually see this horn in action... Perhaps the Dragon Horn that Victarion has will give us an idea of what to expect from the Kraken Horn...

I feel pretty confident that Tyrion, Davos, & Samwell Tarly will all be around when the Kraken strikes, and all three will survive... The reader has personally seen all three of these characters sacrificed to the Drowned-God... What is dead may never die...

I doubt that GRRM explains in the books why most everyone will fall victim to the Kraken, save these three... He will just let them live & it will be for reader to reflect & realize that all three of these characters had previously drowned & were later spared by the Kraken...

Archived