Which city would you want to live in?

Melpomene

Just a simple question for lightearted discussion - let's say you are just a regular, everyday person in the world of ASOIAF. Which city or town would you want to live in specifically? Whether for weather, wealth, health, safety, architecture, the inhabitants etc

The intellectual and clean Oldtown? The classical and quiet Winterfell/Wintertown? The seafaring culture of Braavos? The rustle and bustle (And smells) of King's Landing? Hilly Pentos? The isolated yet secure Eyrie? Valyria in its day? Somewhere else entirely? Big list out there!

It can be both past or present if desired, since a lot of changes and factors often happen to various cities.

And if you feel like adding, what towns/cities would you like to know more of?

(My apologies in advance if a topic like this already existed)

I think White Harbor or Highgarden would be nice (both cities seems very pretty). I wouldn't live in Winterfell just because the winter is a huge problem to deal if you are a common person.

If i was a Lady i think i would like Winterfell or the Eyrie (i like quiet and beautiful places) or oldtown because it seems a safe place with a lot of things to teach.

Oldtown seems the best place for a regular Pate or Wat to live.

If I had something to offer the Kingdom, I imagine myself being born in Winterfell, trained and working in Kings Landing and hopefully retiring in my wife's home in Oldtown.

If I was just a manual laborer, the Vale or River Run would be right up my alley, not including during the time of the War of Five Kings.

Braavo's sounds interesting, too. A man could make a good living there being a tradesman.

Any of the other cities on the other side of the Narrow Sea would you make you either unsuccessful, or a successful slaver or slave. No thanks.

There would be something cool if not a little brutish about being born Dothraki. It's like NYC...if you can make it there, you should be able to make it anywhere.

Archived