Person of Interest - J.J. Abrams & Jonathan Nolan Show

drawkcabi

Shaw being forced to work in a perfume and cosmetics department was funny. The expression of boredom and disgust was perfect. Albeit not completely convincing, since Shaw always looks like she's come straight out of the studio's make-up and hair department.

I would be bored to death if I had to work in the cosmetics department of a store and I would be disgusted if I had to spray perfume on people because I absolutely hate perfume and am generally allergic to the scents. Those dislikes have nothing to do with the fact that I comb and arrange my hair every morning and put some makeup on. The later are done so I can blend in and conform with the rest of society, not anything to do with being really into makeup or enjoying the process. In Shaw's line of work most of the time she also needs to blend in and not stand out from other women. Its perfectly believable she could be bored by makeup and yet still wear it and do a good job applying it. It's all part of her camouflage.

I would be bored to death if I had to work in the cosmetics department of a store and I would be disgusted if I had to spray perfume on people because I absolutely hate perfume and am generally allergic to the scents. Those dislikes have nothing to do with the fact that I comb and arrange my hair every morning and put some makeup on. The later are done so I can blend in and conform with the rest of society, not anything to do with being really into makeup or enjoying the process. In Shaw's line of work most of the time she also needs to blend in and not stand out from other women. Its perfectly believable she could be bored by makeup and yet still wear it and do a good job applying it. It's all part of her camouflage.

Just go to google images and look at the stills of her. That isn't just wearing make-up and having a hair cut to fit in. New York probably has more demanding standards than most of the places I've lived, but it can't be that impossibly high. She looks immaculate because it's expected of women in starring roles on American TV shows to look like that, especially in this kind of show.

• 2 months later...

Invictus Maneo. RIP Anthony, we hardly knew you.

I can't believe this show has made me care if Elias lives or dies. I didn't think they were going to pull a repeat of last year where at this exact season point they killed off Carter but still I saw it going either way. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out and I'm curious to learn more about the Accountant and his actual role.

I can't believe this show has made me care if Elias lives or dies. I didn't think they were going to pull a repeat of last year where at this exact season point they killed off Carter but still I saw it going either way. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out and I'm curious to learn more about the Accountant and his actual role.

I hear you. This show is so good. I really wish there was more people watching/talking about it.

I think it's pretty clear what Dominic said, that the Accountant is Elias partner and runs the operations when Elias is otherwise indisposed. They were clearly 3 friends who grew up together and decided to take over the city so he's obviously more involved than just handing his assets, especially as they won't be seen together again anytime soon.

I'm interested to see what they do with Shaw now that her cover is blown and a threat to the team. I'm also curious to see if the Samaritan lady figures out Fusco though I give him credit for the quick thinking. Either way, I love the way this is building: Elias, Dominic, Samaritan, and Machine all at war with our heroes caught in the middle.

I get that about the Accountant and agree with you. I would just like to see more of him. Obviously he and Elias have quite a fight on their hands with the Brotherhood and even if we don't see them together I'd like to see more of his side of the operations and handling of things. I could see his number coming up at some point.

Martine and Fusco is probably the one thing about the episode that bugged me. How has Samaritan not connected him to Finch & Co.? I know they are good but that for me requires some suspension of disbelief.

Curious to see what happens to Dominic and what happens when he learns about Samaritan and the Machine. I don't think we'll see a repeat of last season where it turns out the storyline of the season has been put in place by Greer & Samaritan so it has to take another route.

I saw in passing some list of cast members for an upcoming episode and it looks like they listed a Young Greer. Very interested to learn more about his background.

I'm quite interested in this show. It has Jonathan Nolan, two main actors I like and some supporting characters played by actors I like. I once saw an episode on tv and it was quite good. The premise is great.

Although it's on network tv and has 22 episodes, if it was 13 episodes I would have already started it.

At the moment I don't feel like I can catch up on 80 episodes, it's a bit too many at the moment.

You don't have to watch them all from the start, you.

I missed most of season one and yet I live!

I hear you. This show is so good. I really wish there was more people watching/talking about it.

my fan-hood for this show could be described as both ultimate and hard.

I'm predicting the evil spy-boss Greer gets brought down by Obama Care because he just added more employees this week and once you have more than 50 you're a "major" company----and that's when the new health care system really punishes you.

Scarface, alas, we hardly knew ye. Seriously, he was almost never on the show.

I can't believe this show has made me care if Elias lives or dies again!! I didn't think they were going to pull a repeat of last year where at this exact season point they killed off Carter but still I saw it going either way. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out and I'm curious to learn more about the Accountant and his actual role.

Don't forget that the very first ep he was on, his number came up, and he was a "urban school teacher" until he the very end, when John gave him his gun, and he pointed it right back at John. Which makes him the only person so far who's number has come up 2x. Enrico Colantoni acting is so good on this show, I wonder why he never had bigger/better roles. Yes he was really good on "Galaxy Quest" and "Just shoot Me" but those were comedy, and really has acting chops, IMO.

Scarface, alas, we hardly knew ye. Seriously, he was almost never on the show.

IIRC he had been in every ep that Elias was in, since he got out. That being said, most of his lines were like, "In here" "arms up", and my fav, "Boss?"

IIRC he had been in every ep that Elias was in, since he got out. That being said, most of his lines were like, "In here" "arms up", and my fav, "Boss?"

I think it's a testament to the quality of the show that it was able to bring so much emotion to the death of a character that had hardly any dialogue prior to this episode.

Don't forget that the very first ep he was on, his number came up, and he was a "urban school teacher" until he the very end, when John gave him his gun, and he pointed it right back at John. Which makes him the only person so far who's number has come up 2x. Enrico Colantoni acting is so good on this show, I wonder why he never had bigger/better roles. Yes he was really good on "Galaxy Quest" and "Just shoot Me" but those were comedy, and really has acting chops, IMO.

Yeah, that was sort of my point. I could have cared less if he died the first time his number came up. But over the course of the series they've turned this really horrible person who I absolutely should want to die into a character who despite all the horrible things he does, I still want to live. The role really is great for Enrico. He always bugged me on Veronica Mars and before that I knew him as the photographer on Just Shoot Me! which didn't really showcase any great acting ability.

I think it's a testament to the quality of the show that it was able to bring so much emotion to the death of a character that had hardly any dialogue prior to this episode.

Agreed. I really have very little recollection of Scarface's character before this episode. But then suddenly this episode comes along and you are pretty convinced he is going to die from the beginning of the episode and they made me wish it wouldn't happen.

Spot on.

Even minor characters from the procedural episodes, who do not have major influence on the main plot, i end up really caring for them.

• 2 weeks later...

How is this "trilogy" going to work? They air part one next week then we have to wait until January to see the next two parts? Or its something else?

That got me wondering as well, maybe, next week is another episode and the trilogy will happen on January, they still have Dominic arc to close, and the trilogy seems to be focusing on Decima, which i assume, is the main threat, specially because it would be weird to have this "Trilogy" event having episodes so apart from each other, that would totally break the momentum.

Well, I have just binged on the show and I like it and can't wait for the next episode. Not the greatest show ever, IMHO, but pretty good.

I think that dropping Carter was a mistake, however, and that her exit arc doesn't even make sense. Like, she wanted to work alone because the machine crew was breaking the laws too much... and then proceeded to break those laws as badly as they ever did, what with hijacking trucks, placing drugs in people's trunks, illegal spying, pretend assassinations, etc. There had to be some behind-the scenes disagreements between the show runners and the actress, IMHO.

Shaw is so much more boring. She would have been fine as a recurring character like Zoe Morgan, but as a regular, she is a big step-down from Carter. IMHO, YMMV.

Also, I suspect that they are going to continue to mixing things up by keeping the men and killing off/replacing the women, which is a frequent and unpleasant trope. They have already flirted with Shaw/Root being about to shuffle off the mortal coil a couple of times. And the way their characters are set up, it would only make sense if one/both of them eventually did.

Not sure how "pulling the plug" on Northern Lights could have weakened the machine so much either. I mean, yea, it capped it's official access to the feeds, but given it's impressive self-preservation capabilities, I'd have thought that it would have already established unofficial access.

BTW, the whole story with Finch releasing the laptop into the wild on purpose doesn't actually make a lot of sense after the episode with Dillinger, does it? I mean, he did try very hard to stop Dillinger from selling the laptop... and the laptop only came into play because that hacker's number came up.

Oh, and those 7 servers integrated into Samaritan are going to do far more than obscuring the machine crew's identity. The machine is going to instill/infect Samaritan with it's sense of morality and/or they are going to merge with the same result. I am calling it!

Well it looks like they are splitting the trilogy up between next week and then the other two in January.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/10/new-person-of-interest-promo-teases-epic-trilogy

Don't know why it's not so popular.

Is it not considered popular? I thought it did well in the ratings in the US.

Archived