What will become of the Lannister siblings

Alexia

I definitely still think that the bride of fire sequence means husbands so I think she will marry Victarion. I hate him but he had the right idea. If she's married already then just kill the husband. Quentyn should have got rid of Hizdahr.

I don't think Daario tamed Dany perse. I mean she was infatuated but he was kind of pussy whipped to me. & she said, "I command you to fuck me."

But really... do any of us have that much trust in Martin at this point? Remember when it was reported that Davos Seaworth's head and hands were displayed over White Harbour?

Very true. I don't think Jaime can die off screen. As the POVs are not in time order though we could well get Jaime's last POV in the next book and find his death happened 24 hours after he left with Brienne.

He also seems to be Khal Drogo mark 2.0.

But unlike Khal Drogo, Victarion can speak to Dany in a language she knows, and she will understand all his crude, horrible, sexist remarks about how women are to be beaten into submission, raped, and chained in the kitchen...

Now, seriously, if Dany comes to know I-killed-my-wife-with-my-fists-but-don´t-have-the-balls-to-fight-my-brother-Euron Victarion and still comes to love him, I will lose all the respect for her that I still keep after the Daario affair...

But unlike Khal Drogo, Victarion can speak to Dany in a language she knows, and she will understand all his crude, horrible, sexist remarks about how women are to be beaten into submission, raped, and chained in the kitchen...

Now, seriously, if Dany comes to know I-killed-my-wife-with-my-fists-but-don´t-have-the-balls-to-fight-my-brother-Euron Victarion and still comes to love him, I will lose all the respect for her that I still keep after the Daario affair...

Very true. I just want her to go

This man is evil, unlike my Sun and Stars....oh wait.

This man makes his captives slaves, unlike my Sun and Stars....oh wait.

This man gives the women to his men, unlike my Sun and Stars....oh wait.

This man raids cities and villiages of helpless people, unlike my Sun and Stars....oh wait

This man spouts cheesy lines, unlike my Sun and Stars....oh wait

etc, etc, etc

Until....

This man has been burnt to ashes, just like my Sun and Stars. :devil:

I'm glad that sanity has returned to the board. In the weeks immediately after DWD's release I was seeing a worrying number of posts from people saying Victarion was awesome and acting like he was a brilliant character.

Unfortunately for us I'm near-certain he'll end up 'tamed' by Dany and we'll have to put up with his existence.

I don't think Martin is mad enough to marry her to the idiot, so we ought to be spared that horror. She'll either have Daario to satisfy those desires or be pining over him, and I don't imagine she'll get over his death that fast.

I'm glad that sanity has returned to the board. In the weeks immediately after DWD's release I was seeing a worrying number of posts from people saying Victarion was awesome and acting like he was a brilliant character.

B..b...but.. you have to admit that he's a brilliantly hilarious character? This doesn't mean that he doesn't die an agonizing death, just that I hope he hangs around a while to entertain us first. And wakes the dragon by trying to kidnap her, or something like that.

Somehow, I think that Victarion might be just Dany's type. But who knows, she may just prefer Euron with his eye patch and blue lips. Daario haters should be careful what they wish for...

I've done some thinking and I'd like to tweak a view or two I've had on the three children Tywin Lannister.

Cersei: She's going to make that prophecy self-fufilling, the coming chaos will be the death of Tommen and Myrcella, and after her sorrows and misery have left her completely broken, one of her two brothers will end her life out of pity, not anger.

Jamie: He will most likely worm his way out of UnCat's clutches, but the odds are still stacked against him, he WILL fall into the hands of either Aegon VI or Dany and his death will be VERY painful, but it will be there that he will find some peace and maybe some redemption.

Tyrion: He will survive to the end, he will put Dany on the Iron Throne, he will get Casterly Rock, but his end will be bittersweet because everything he gained won't make him happy, and he will know it because he will have a meeting/confrontation with Tysha and it won't be all lovey dovey.

I se Cersei dying in fire and destruction, maybe she will take one of her children, probably Tommen, up to some castle tower to perish with her while everything crashes down spectacularly in a giant explosion. And where is Jaime? Probably climbs up after her, tries to save Tommen, finds him dead, strangles Cersei and dies in a blast of heat.

Sorry, fanfic.......and poor Tommen, he is bound to be the innocent victim in the books.

I believe that for the development of the story as a whole the fate of the Lannister siblings will only be relevant if it is interwoven with the fate of westeros as a whole. Those petty quibbles about who will hold the Iron Throne, or e.g. the whole "shipping" business will be finally totally irrelevant when it comes to the threat from the north. If a character is not meant to play a major role, at least as catalyser, in the confrontatation with magic or the use of it, in the total upside down of westeros society, it is bound to be dealt with in a rather unspectacular manner. Martin has to bring the plotlines together. Otherwise the fate of some minor characters that we have come to love will be no more than an interesting sidenote.

I think that all three Lannisters are meant to fight an epic battle in the end, with themselves or The Evil - or being part of The Evil.

There might be a more special plotline for Tyrion. He is needed not only as acting protagonist but as well as detached observer because "intellectual" characters like him or like, say, Sam, Marwyn or as counterpart Littlefinger or Varys are needed as POV's to explain magic and dragons to us readers, to analyse religion, to build a bridge from medieval magical thinking to our modern approach. Their reaction to supernatural events will imo be a major topic to be opened by Martin because it invites all kinds of philosophical and ideological reflections that the author wishes to feed to us readers. See Tyrion's unfortunate ignorance of the wight's hand and its implications. We will perhaps be given the opportunity to follow the forming of a whole new view of the world from close by through, say, Tyrion's POV

Archived