Which is your LEAST favorite theory.
Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:51 AM
I don't want segret Targs, Dany is more than enough Targ for me.
Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:00 AM
Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:38 AM
Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:32 PM
Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:42 PM
Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:23 PM
Other than that...
Jon Snow will become PTWP, AA, get the girl (Dany), save the day, and ride into the sunset. Too much spontaneous "free passes" from nowhere, and it in a way would spoil the realism that made everyone else's deaths mean something. Jon turning into an even more angsty version of Harry Potter, but with a flaming sword and dragons to boot...just too much.
Best post I ever read. Thank you. Especially concerning the pony - exactly!
Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:16 PM
I must say that I was pretty opposed to her sitting on the throne again, but as the books progress I am beginning to see this more as redemption story for the Targ family. Don't really like it either.
Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:33 PM
I also severely dislike the idea of Tyrion Targaryen.
And any theory that involves Dany winning the Iron Throne at the end makes my skin crawl.
Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:00 AM
Another one I hate: the Others are not the good guys, but Bran or Jon is going to work with them.
Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:13 AM
Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:34 AM
Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:40 AM
2) Tyrion is a Targaryen. Just...
3) Jeyne Westerling is pregnant. Unless it is for watching Sansa and the other Stark children cut the child out of the Stark inheritance, no thank you.
Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:44 AM
Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:47 AM
I hate Aerys is Tyrion's father as well.
Dany winning the Iron Throne or marrying Jon would suck too.
And "SanSan should be a couple, marry and live together happily ever after" is perhaps even worse than all of those. I don't see how any reasonable human being think that could be a good and healthy relationship. A 13 year old girl that has been a prisioner for the last two years and had to see her family dying with a disfigured murderer that considered the possibility of raping her just because he was a nice jailer to her? YAY!
Edited by Winterfell is Burning, 01 October 2011 - 08:49 AM.
Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:56 AM
And I agree about A+J=Ty. The fact that Tywin wanted a reason to get rid of Tyrion and was trying to prove Joanna's infidelity so he could disclaim him, the fact that Genna and Tyrion both remarked on how similar Tyrion was to Tywin - at least mentally, makes that story much more dramatic than if it turns out Tyrion was Aerys' bastard due to rape.
It would be more ironic if it turns of Aerys was Jaime's real father which is why Aerys wanted to make him a KG - not just to tweak Tywin, but to keep his own bastard with him - only to have his own bastard kill him (making Jaime a Kingslayer and a kinslayer). It would also be ironic that Tywin's true Lannister children are not really Lannisters. But I don't even think that's true. If Aerys had raped Joanna to sire Jaime and Cersei, wouldn't he have been more eager to marry Rhaegar to a half-Targ Cersei and wouldn't he have told Jaime that he was his real father just to screw with his head?
Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:57 AM
(By contrast, I have a soft spot for A+J=J&C, because at that point you are entering into some delightful irony).
I dislike R+L=J, but am largely resigned to it.
I would love if A+J=J&C because then that means Tyrion is Tywin's only child, Tywin would be rolling in his grave because the twisted little monkey demon really is his progeny, his only child and the two beautiful twins are actually Targs. And then both Tyrion and Jaime killed their own father.
I haven't read any Ned and Lyanna crap, and I'm glad I haven't because that's just stupid.
Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:36 AM
1. I think that if this theory is true, no one knew about the bastardy but Joanna. If she was raped, it must have happened shortly after her wedding night, so either Tywin or Aerys could have been the father and when the twins came out looking all Lannister-y, Joanna and Aerys might have put the idea that they are his out of their minds. That is, if Aerys ever even had one. His words about "a servant's daughter" seem to imply that he genuinely belived Cersei was Tywin's.
When Joanna found Jaime and Cersei pretending to have sex, she must have started to suspect that they weren't Tywin's again, but since she died shorly after that, before anything else happened, it's possible that even she didn't know for sure.
2. If Cersei is a half-Targ and Aerys had known this, she would have been a bastard in his eyes and therefore not good enough for his son and heir. Besides, if the truth came out somehow, Aerys would have found himself in a military conflict with Tywin and bastard Cersei as his son's wife would have brought him no swords.
3. If Aerys was so eager for Rhaegar to have a Targ wife, wouldn't he have tried to get Rhaella pregnant with a girl sooner?
Edited by Wentwarth, 01 October 2011 - 10:36 AM.
Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:11 PM