Best Lines of the Series (So Far)

Arkh

saw it posted but not quite right...

Merret Frey: No! No, don't, I gave you your answer, you said you'd let me go.

Tom O Sevens: Seems to me that what i said was I'd tell them to let you go. Lem let him go.

Lem: Go bugger yourself.

Tom O Sevens: (shrugs and begins playing the day they hung black robbin)

Anytime Arya stars off a prayer with "you gods"

"He wondered how many lives had been snuffed out by that fart". -Tyrion listening to Oberyn talking about Elia's suitors.

"Theon. My name is Theon. You have to know your name."- Theon being dumped in front of Asha near the end of ADWD

"And for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood as tall as a king."- End of Jon's first chapter in AGOT

The pillow struck the wall and burst, scattering stuffing everywhere just as Dolorous Edd

Tollett poked his head through the door. “Beg pardon,” he said, ignoring the flurry of feathers, “shall I fetch m’lord some breakfast?” “Corn,” cried the raven. “Corn, corn.” “Roast raven,” Jon suggested. “And half a pint of ale.” Having a steward fetch and serve for him still felt strange; not long ago, it would have been him fetching breakfast for Lord Commander Mormont. “Three corns and one roast raven,” said Dolorous Edd. “Very good, m’lord, only Hobb’s made boiled eggs, black sausage, and apples stewed with prunes. The apples stewed with prunes are excellent, except for the prunes. I won’t eat prunes myself. Well, there was one time when Hobb chopped them up with chestnuts and carrots and hid them in a hen. Never trust a cook, my lord. They’ll prune you when you least expect it.

~Epic Dolorous Eddison Tollett!

these stand out

"No man is free. Only children and fools think elsewise" tywin to tyrion

"...when your enemies defy you, you must serve them steel and fire. When they go to their knees, however, you must help them back to their feet. Else wise no man will ever bend the knee to you" Tywin to Joffrey

"The greatest fools are ofttimes more clever then the men who laugh at them" tywin to tyrion regarding the westerlings marriage pact to robb

"Once, a boy called Theon Greyjoy had enjoyed tweaking Bolton as they sat at council with robb stark, mocking his soft voice and making japes about leeches. He must have been mad. This is no man to jape with. You had only to look at Bolton to know that he had more cruelty in his pinky toe than all the Freys combined." theon describing roose in his monologues

" “You are mistaken. It is not good. No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you

must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours.”"roose to ramsay

" Roose rose to his feet. “You’ll wed at Winterfell. I shall inform the lords that we march in three days and invite them to accompany us.”

“You are the Warden of the North. Command them.”An invitation will accomplish the same thing. Power tastes best when sweetened by courtesy.You had best learn that if you ever hope to rule.” roose to ramsay

• 1 year later...

Cersei: “You are being foolish. I am only here to help you.”

Margaery: “To help me to my grave. I asked for you to leave. Will you make me call my gaolers and have you dragged away, you vile, scheming, evil bitch?”

The first real "Fuck you!" anyone had given Cersei at that point. It was also that quote that boosted the Tyrells to my second favourite House! :D

Seriously, Margaery is instantly 10x more awesome after that line.

"I would have raised your pavilion, but I couldn't find one."

"There's my pavilion"

"That's a tree"

-Dunk and Egg

"It's all the pavilion a true knight needs. I would sooner sleep under the stars than in some smokey tent."

- Dunk and Egg

"What if it rains"

"The tree will shelter me"

"Trees leak"

"So they do..."

-Dunk and Egg

“My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter … but never think that means I have forgotten. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”

EPIC...

People can rip on ADWD all they want, but this is one of the greatest passages in the series thusfar.

Archived