Best Lines of the Series (So Far)

Arkh

Words are wind. (says so much so succinctly)

I want to be 24 again. When I was 24 I could fight all day and fuck all night. It matters not what men want.

I loved that last line in ADWD... it really doesn't matter what we want....

"The North remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done." (proceeds to make his enemies into a pie)

Oh, and in re that: "Old Lord Locke was shouting for a maester as Manderly flopped on the floor like a clubbed walrus in a spreading pool of blood. Around him dogs fought over sausages."

My favorite quote from the series, by far, is:

“The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends,” Ser Jorah told her. “It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace.” He gave a shrug. “They never are.”

Jorah actually gets a disproportionate number of great quotes. One of my favorite themes in ASOIAF is the occasional reminders that no matter who wins the game of thrones, the peasants lose. Another great one:

The War of the Ninepenny Kings?” asked Hyle Hunt.

“So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was.”

Though that one's not nearly as powerful without the speech that precedes it. That chapter is a big part of the reason I loved A Feast for Crows better than most seemed to.

Share your favourite quotation from the series, as long as it's 25 words or less.

I'll start:

"Well done," he said. "I am Robett Glover."

Is it just me or do an awful lot of people have difficulty counting to 25 :shocked: :stunned: :shocked: tch tch whip.gif (I've been dying to use that smiley for ages!)

And now for my fave quote

"We will defend the wall to the last man!" said Cotter Pyke. "Probably me." Said Dolorous Edd, in a resigned voice.

only 20 words :smug:

Archived