Areo Hotah

7V3N

Christopher Lee? That's like, the complete opposite of how I imagined Areo, haha.

Nonetheless I think he's a boring as heck character, and I would not miss him if they omitted him from the show. I've always enjoyed Arianne's PoV chapters when it comes to Dorne, but I sort of sigh when a Areo Hotah one pops up.

I don't think race will matter for casting Areo. I think Ron Perlman would be pretty good in the part.

Christopher Lee? No offense, but I think that may be one of the worst casting suggestions I've heard, for multiple reasons.

1) too expensive

2) WAY WAY WAY to old. Areo is maybe in his 40s, possibly 50s. He is NOT in his 90s. Even if Christopher Lee is extremely fit for his age, it is doubtful that he would be able to withstand the physical nature of the part in any case.

3) Not right for the part, even if he was 40 years (!) younger.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think Areo Hotah will even make it into the series. Seems like a character that can be easily cut out or am i missing something?

Being a POV character in the books, I can't imagine that his role will be cut from the series. If you look at all the POV characters (even secondary POV's) all are very relevant to the overall storyline. I think Areo Hotah will have some larger role to play in the final two books and the HBO series.

Being a POV character in the books, I can't imagine that his role will be cut from the series. If you look at all the POV characters (even secondary POV's) all are very relevant to the overall storyline. I think Areo Hotah will have some larger role to play in the final two books and the HBO series.

But he doesn't do anything, he doesn't even have a character. He's just a pair of eyes on Doran but so we couldn't know what Doran is planning.

Of all the characters that can be cut, Areo Hotah is definetly the easiest one.

But he doesn't do anything, he doesn't even have a character. He's just a pair of eyes on Doran but so we couldn't know what Doran is planning.

Of all the characters that can be cut, Areo Hotah is definetly the easiest one.

Very true. Areo is as minor of a POV character as we get. The epilogue/prologue POVs have more importance in their chapters and they always die.

But who I said before is still the best actor for Areo Hotah......The Rock. Doesn't have to talk. All he has to do is kick ass, which is good because he is a terrible actor.

It's been mentioned already, but I think that Christopher Judge would make the perfect Area Hotah. If he's included in the show that is, since the actual character is basically irrelevant to the plot.

Not quite how I imagined him, but Edward James Olmos would be good...if he weren't so fat.

not gonna lie, but i have to agree with the above posts about areo hotah being a glorified pair of eyes; even tho I think he's awesome and a true bamf, his role is limited, being a sure candidate to get the "axe" in the adaption (pun intended)

I mean, the only time he actually DID something is when he cut arys oakheart in half. (one of the most badass moves in affc)

he also served to purpose of telling us about another essonian (?) culture, being from norvos and all.

So I say, bring down whomever, even The Rock, and make him stand there for a couple of episoded and make him swing dat axe on season 4.

He can't act anyway, so no harm no foul

Archived