Daenerys - Selling A Dragon for an Army of Eunuchs

Ricky Joseph Cairns

Seriously... I think she's a plan to get the dragon back, but if she really gave up the dragon without someway to get it back... well that's just wrong. Seriously.

First post on this forum. I've not yet finished the book so I don't know how it'll work out with her dragon Drogon.

Not really looking for spoilers but how did everyone else react to her giving up Drogon (along with her ships and a lot of emeralds/gold) in exchange for 8000+ Eunuchs (not all ready for battle)?

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of my favourite scenes in A Storm Of Swords!

At first, I was horrified that Daenerys would do something so utterly stupid. But by the end of the chapter I was cheering.

Without a doubt, one of the novel's more epic scenes.

I also bought it 100% that she was going to surrender Drogon, and it confused me so much. I couldn't understand how she could give away something that she paid for with the blood of her love and her child. But oh my god, the aftermath... I got goosebumps reading about her riding in front of the Unsullied and yelling "It is done! You're mine now! It is done!" and then what ensues. Fantastic scene.

I dislike how she frees slaves and whatnot, and how she got her dragon back. I feel it would have made for good descriptions of her heart-rending emotions as she goes back to conquer Westeros with only two dragons.

However, the description of city being sacked and the guys face melting were pretty awesome, I must admit. Although I did like the slave trader character, I must say his death was pretty cool.

I was completely crushed for the page or so when I thought she'd sold a dragon, and knew if she did that it would inevitably mean her demise, but I was very relieved to find that both Astapor and myself fell for the trick. I still wonder, however, whether it was really a clever plan or a triumphant moment of divine revelation. A part of me would like to believe she came into her sack of the city spontaneously.

I was completely crushed for the page or so when I thought she'd sold a dragon, and knew if she did that it would inevitably mean her demise, but I was very relieved to find that both Astapor and myself fell for the trick. I still wonder, however, whether it was really a clever plan or a triumphant moment of divine revelation. A part of me would like to believe she came into her sack of the city spontaneously.

Me too! I was sure that would be the end of her, but the plot twist made me think she is becoming a real queen with cunning and guile as well as the blood of the dragon!

. I still wonder, however, whether it was really a clever plan or a triumphant moment of divine revelation. A part of me would like to believe she came into her sack of the city spontaneously.

It was a clever plan, nothing more. :)

• 1 month later...

I bought it, Martin had me! At first I was like, did I read that right?? Guess I'm a sap, lol. But it was a satisfying twist :)

CrownedStag, I love Dany and usually just skip ahead and read all her chapters like her own little book within a book (I almost feel like doing that with Bran too... but it would be harder as he is connected to other characters in Westeros). But I agree too that her story got a little repetitive. I love where it's going, but I felt like I read the same plot twice.

I loved this part! ASoS had many of my favorite Daenerys moments. This was definfetly a "HELL YEAH" moment for me when she said "Dracarys." At first I really thought she was going to give up her dragon but I thought she was going to outsmart the slave master to get him back, but I wasn't expecting her to command Drogon to straight up burn his face!! So awesome!!

Archived