Daenerys - Selling A Dragon for an Army of Eunuchs

Ricky Joseph Cairns

Obvious twist was obvious.

That is what I think. I could see only 2 possible outcomes when she agreed to sell Drogon.

1.) he will fly back to her when they will be gone from the city

2.) what actually happened

While honestly I thought 1 will happen.

That is what I think. I could see only 2 possible outcomes when she agreed to sell Drogon.

1.) he will fly back to her when they will be gone from the city

2.) what actually happened

While honestly I thought 1 will happen.

Yeah, I was thinking about your first option aswell.

• 1 month later...

At first i thought what the hell are you doing but as i kept reading my suspicion grew that this was not just an ordinairy trade and that she had some sort of plan(didnt know what up to than) but when the plan unfolded i was like 'Aaah damn I knew it :o' was an awsome scene if you ask me Astapor got what it deserved.

I was upset for about half a paragraph, then saw it coming. No way in hell was she going to part with a dragon, no way in hell it'd be Drogon...and no way she'd elect to keep her crown while parting with a dragon.

The main give-aways were the absolute insistence on having all the Unsullied, and the bit where she asks if they'd ever turn on her if she relesed them to new masters.

Still, a fun chapter with some good drama and tension in it. The Danaerys chapters are among my favorite, and I wish we'd get to spend more time following her, Mormont, the Dothraki and that whole group through the deserts and exotic cities.

For me it was clear the second she chose Drogon.

The three dragons are very well described as different characters, just like the direwolves have their own strengths and personalities and even IF Dany would ever be so stupid to give away her biggest strength, she would have never ever ever given up the strongest one. But up to that point, he (George Martin) had me. I really thought she was going to give him away and secretly hoped he'd break out later or not let himself be chained etc.

Awesome scene. I'm not the biggest Dany fan in the world, but that scene rocked. "A dragon is no slave". Epic. Can't wait for season 3 of the TV show! Will be soooooo effin' hard to play the poker face in front of people who haven't read the book.

Greetings,

Steph

I was sure the whole time, especially with the whole Dracarys thing. What really surprised me was that the slavers didn't see it coming.

I also didn't buy that they couldn't move Drogon off the palanquin. Realistically (well, from the conclusions I've drawn from Flight of Dragons by Peter Dickinson) dragons couldn't have weighed very much if they were able to fly, so they couldn't have been very strong. If the dragons aren't big enough for Dany to ride them, I don't see why it would be so much trouble for the slavers to yank Drogon's chain and force him along the way you would a reluctant lap dog. Not to say he couldn't have fought back, but he would have budged.

Archived