Will Roslin Frey die in childbirth?

Even if all the Riverlords united to kick the Freys out of Riverrun why would they automatically insert a Stark into the Lordship, and not as logic would dictate give it to one of their own. The Starks are going to have a hard enough time winning back Winterfell and the North without splitting their forces to take Riverrun.

Neither Stannis, Dany, Aegon or the Lannister-Tyrell partnership would be content with the Starks controlling two regions.

If anything happens to Edmure and Rosalin's bun in the oven, the next Stark would be rightful heir to Riverrun and the riverlands. - Essentually Robb's kingdom.

Which is why I've convinced myself that LF fancies himself a Queenmaker. With a marriage between the only surviving heir to House Stark and House Tully and the heir of the Vale, you have a pretty big kingdom uniting right there. With the Lannister and Tyrell forces exhausted from warfare, and a fresh Vale army with plenty of food...

I think that succession is his end game; he doesn't believe that the Lannisters and Tyrells can continue to hold the whole kingdom and he knows he can't hang onto the riverlands and Harrenhal through the Lannister grant. So he sets Sansa up as a queen to Harry's king, and installs himself as her Hand (and lover), and House Baelish rises some more.

• 11 months later...

I'm not even certain that the child is Edmure's. Black Walder is known to have had several sexual relationships with other Freys and their wives. It's even said that Robb (I think?) had better pick a very young Frey, or Black Walder was likely to have been there first. Handpicking an already pregnant girl for Edmure's wife would be the ultimate insult, and a good explanation to why he wasn't forced to marry someone uglier.

Or it could be the conversation that lets readers think she'll bear living children without trouble, before Martin pulls the rug out.

Remember that Catelyn asked this before the RW but after it had been planned. Who knows if the maester had any ulterior motives. I wouldn't put any stock into that conversation, honestly.

A petite frame is not a hindrance to give birth in real life. A history of problems with childbirth could potentially be worse, but if Roslin's mother was built the same way and gave birth to five healthy children, there is no need to believe that Roslin has an inherent difficulty in giving birth, physically. Unless Westeros physiology is vastly different from real life physiology, that is.

Well, I always look at possible source material, which I think is Homer's epics, which cover every possible type of violation of the laws of hospitality. I may be totally wrong, but if a blind vengeance rises against the Freys, the force will "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war" - meaning no prisoners taken. In Home's Odyssey, Odysseus, upon his return to Ithaca, killed everyone but his loyal retainers and his wife and his son.

It was a bloody mess - 108 suitors slaughters, all the women who slept with the suitors, the PRIEST - oh - Odysseus did spare the bard.

So I see all the Freys present at the RW dying - anyone who ate or drank from Walder Frey's board is doomed.

I am also waiting for the significance of Jon Snow never having eaten from Craste's board. That will be another plot armor coming as well. It will protect him somehow - maybe when the Others come for Craster's babe, the sarifice they never received? Ideas on that? Sam will be protected as well since he was able to say the vows that opened the face door under the Wall for Bran, the Reeds, and Hodor. Just my thoughts. :dunno:

Let's not forget the Blackfish. Catelyn's children are Starks, whereas Brynden is still a Tully. Kinda creates a bit of a grey area. There would also probably be houses loyal to Tully that would not want a Stark liege lord (Blackwood for one).

I personally believe Brynden is alive for this very reason, otherwise why would GRRM make such a deal of having him him escape Riverrun? Which means Edmure won't last too long either.

However it turns out, I hope that Sansa never returns to Winterfell. She has too little of the north in her, and doesn't belong there.

Actually just kill Sansa please, I am sick to death of that useless mewly brat.

All the Starks belong in Winterfell. That's all I have to say about your post. ;)

However it turns out, I hope that Sansa never returns to Winterfell. She has too little of the north in her, and doesn't belong there.

Actually just kill Sansa please, I am sick to death of that useless mewly brat.

Not really sure why people keep saying this. It's not apparent, but going by their family words, Arya is definitely more Tully than any of her siblings. "Family, duty, honour" (in that order) is definitely her in a nutshell. Almost all of her storyline is about finding 'pack', either blood relatives or a group where she can belong. Her direwolf mirrors this to a great extent by gather a huge pack in the Riverlands - and the direwolves are reflections of their personalities.

Sansa was never this much concerned about family, barely even once. In fact, her storyline can be summed up nicely with "Winter is coming". She realises that she has to stop living in her summer dreamworld and learn to handle the cold realities of the backstabbing and dishonesty among nobility to survive. It's just that neither look like how they truly are that confuses people.

Not really sure why people keep saying this. It's not apparent, but going by their family words, Arya is definitely more Tully than any of her siblings. "Family, duty, honour" (in that order) is definitely her in a nutshell. Almost all of her storyline is about finding 'pack', either blood relatives or a group where she can belong. Her direwolf mirrors this to a great extent by gather a huge pack in the Riverlands - and the direwolves are reflections of their personalities.

Sansa was never this much concerned about family, barely even once. In fact, her storyline can be summed up nicely with "Winter is coming". She realises that she has to stop living in her summer dreamworld and learn to handle the cold realities of the backstabbing and dishonesty among nobility to survive. It's just that neither look like how they truly are that confuses people.

Yes, it is also fascinating that both girls mirror one of their parents, ironically the one they are not the closest to. Sansa shows Lancel the same mercy during Blackwater as Eddard showed towards Cersei in the Godswood scene. Arya on the other hand has the same thirst for revenge than her mother.

Well, I always look at possible source material, which I think is Homer's epics, which cover every possible type of violation of the laws of hospitality. I may be totally wrong, but if a blind vengeance rises against the Freys, the force will "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war" - meaning no prisoners taken. In Home's Odyssey, Odysseus, upon his return to Ithaca, killed everyone but his loyal retainers and his wife and his son.

It was a bloody mess - 108 suitors slaughters, all the women who slept with the suitors, the PRIEST - oh - Odysseus did spare the bard.

So I see all the Freys present at the RW dying - anyone who ate or drank from Walder Frey's board is doomed.

The bard in Odysseus could be Tom O'Sevens, who is residing at Riverrun. Some of the washerwomen at Riverrun who slept with the Cleos Frey's garrison will be hanged as well.

I think Roslin will die giving birth to a girl, and then Edmure will remarry and have son to inherit Riverrun.

I've actually been thinking lately, and I've not been able to work it out: where is Roslin now? Is she being held at the Twins? If so, is she really pregnant, or is it just something that the Freys are telling everyone? Are they going to come up with a boy baby and say that it is Roslin and Edmure's, just so that they can kill off Edmure?

Well a good portion of the fanbase thinks that she's going to die because they believe that she's the lone wolf without a pack because she rejected Ned's speech about the pack.

I don't think she's dutiful or values honor anymore.

The bard in Odysseus could be either Alesander Frey, a bard who wasn't present at the RW, or Tom O'Sevens, who is residing at Riverrun. Some of the washerwomen at Riverrun who slept with the Cleos Frey's garrison will be hanged as well.

I think Roslin may survive childbirth, but she may be taken by UnCat.

Yes - she really didn't want it to happen - she was crying, and I do not remember, did she eat of bread and salt?

Good observations!

Well a good portion of the fanbase thinks that she's going to die because they believe that she's the lone wolf without a pack because she rejected Ned's speech about the pack.

I don't think she's dutiful or values honor anymore.

The only one that got that speech was Arya, and if we look at the Stark Kids as they are now they are all lone wolves, and everything Sansa has done such as saving Dontos, Lancel, the holdfast, pleading for her father, hoping for robb to give her Joff's head all say different then what you state.

I think Sansa is an empty headed vessel, like Daisy Fay in the Great Gatsby. She takes no responsibility for her fate. Why didn't she deck LF when he kissed her? Didn't she even have that 'instinct' to protect herself!

"No, daddy. My dead father never kissed me like that!" :cool4:

Archived