Terrible Taste Confessions

Nukelavee

So...we must all have them, series or writers (or teams of writers), who produce terrible terrible books, but books we can't say no to.

Things like Mack Bolan, or VC Andrews.

Me? When I was much younger, 13-15, it was teh Nick Carter: Killmaster of AXE series. Omg, such tacky tacky books, filled with all that makes crap ooze under teh fridge.

Sex, pitiful plots, improbable fights, lots more sex, violence.. and it wasn't even kinda well written.

Fuck, tho, I must have read 30 of the books, each one just Nick, Hugo the Luger, Wilhemena the dagger, and pierre the gas grenade that nestled by his bag.

so? you?

Well, I became obsessed at one point at owning every Forgotten Realms novel...and now I do. And I still keep up, even though my reading of them kinda died when i got to oh....1999ish. Its my my to be read pile is like 400 something. Take those out and its only in the 200s!

I also enjoy Karen MIller even though her books are complete and utter shit.

Edit: I still keep up with my Brooks too. Don't laugh! DONT LAUGH *cries*

Well, I became obsessed at one point at owning every Forgotten Realms novel...and now I do. And I still keep up, even though my reading of them kinda died when i got to oh....1999ish. Its my my to be read pile is like 400 something. Take those out and its only in the 200s!

God (if there is one) hates you for that shit Grack!!

Alright, here it comes:

I read every Raymond E Feist novel that comes out. I figure i've got this much invested in the guy (years.. decades) that i might as well stick it out and see what the hell is going on. Sometimes they suck, sometimes they are tolerable.

Dragonlance, forgotten realms, brooks, and some feist. Oh, and star wars. How nerdy am I? To be honest I don't think all of these are terrible. They may not be the greatest things ever to grace paper, but I enjoy most of.

Dragonlance, forgotten realms, brooks, and some feist. Oh, and star wars. How nerdy am I? To be honest I don't think all of these are terrible. They may not be the greatest things ever to grace paper, but I enjoy most of.

Those aren't that bad. Honestly, the Karen Miller books are the only ones I feel ashamed of when I have people over.

Those aren't that bad. Honestly, the Karen Miller books are the only ones I feel ashamed of when I have people over.

I dont think they are either. Was mainly going by what most people think. I do get some funny looks/comments when people see then though.

I read every Raymond E Feist novel that comes out. I figure i've got this much invested in the guy (years.. decades) that i might as well stick it out and see what the hell is going on. Sometimes they suck, sometimes they are tolerable.

I can definitely relate to this one. I was also doing a similar thing for a few years in my late teens/early twenties with David (&Leigh!) Eddings books. But the repetitiveness of characters and dialogue finally put an end to that.

Pretty much this. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I read Miller and the crap Paolini produces (BEES ARE BEAUTIFUL!) because once I've made the necessary improvements in my head (or had enough wine) I can actual get into the story.

They both reside on the shelf in my closet, so I can close the door and forget.

God (if there is one) hates you for that shit Grack!!

Alright, here it comes:

I read every Raymond E Feist novel that comes out. I figure i've got this much invested in the guy (years.. decades) that i might as well stick it out and see whatthe hell is going on. Sometimes they suck, sometimes they are tolerable.

Ditto.

I read warhammer novels.

Grack21,

I read Miller's "Innocent Mage" books because a friend loaned them to me. They were very okay. I read Brooks up to the start of the Flying ship phase of the Shannara Universe.

Archived