Who is/are your favourite character/s so far?

bladesofblue

I grew quite fond of Jeor Mormont, The Old Bear (Lord Commander). He was just a realistic character, he truly (unlike many others) that the night's watch had lost it's purpose, their one true reason to fight: protecting the realm against the Others. and perhaps some giants etc. He "remembered" the Others, and he wasn't going to wait behind the wall for them, he actually did something, awesome!

I was really pissed when his sworn brothers betrayed him. Secret hope of mine that he is Coldhands, but Sam would have recognized him... damn.

Then I also loved Robert, and I've grown fond of the awesome trio: Stannis, Mellissandre and Davos. They've really grown on me, and I disliked Stannis at first. Mellissandre is really fascinating, is she truly as powerfull as she is? I thought so for a while, but then Maester Aemon's comments on lightbringer... not cool Aemon, not cool at all.

Can't wait to see how Stannis evolves, and what role Mellissandre is going to play. and what happened to Davos??? I want to start reading AFfC now!

I grew quite fond of Jeor Mormont, The Old Bear (Lord Commander). He was just a realistic character, he truly (unlike many others) that the night's watch had lost it's purpose, their one true reason to fight: protecting the realm against the Others. and perhaps some giants etc. He "remembered" the Others, and he wasn't going to wait behind the wall for them, he actually did something, awesome!

This. I was quite fond of the Old Bear myself. He seemed to have a lot of sense and was amongst the rare truly honorable men in this story. I found him to be fascinating and would have liked to know more about his character.

Catelyn (yes I like her, I know not a very popular opinions), she is even one of my favorites. I just find her to be an incredibly strong and brave woman.

Arya -I am so invested in her story.

The Hound - I find him to be incredibly complex and almost broken

Theon - same reason as the Hound, he is not so black/white which I think is interesting.

Jaime - who was once a character I despised now I feel for him

Dany - I want her to get to Westeros so badly ,

Jaqen - I so want to know his story

Davos I almost forgot the Onion Knight, total BAMF who tells Stannis how it is.

I was a large Targaryen fan after AGoT, but this faded away during the next two books. I mean, you kind of get the impression that they're the most awesome family in Westeros afte AgoT, but in good time, you find out they're all kind of crazy. Even Dragons don't make up for buring and choking father and son...

Dany's storyline became a bit too repetitive, and her actions don't effect the other main characters, what do I care she's killing some slavers?

I do still like her character though, a bit naive, but she does know what she wants.

The usual suspects: Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Davos, [Robb], [Renly] and naturally [Ned] too. I also loved what GRRM did with Jaime because he's just so complex now. The harrenhal bath tub scene...damn.

My FAVOURITE character in ASOS is Beric Dondarrion. I loved all the 3rd person rumours about him being dead, him not being dead, etc, and then we meet him, and he's a really good guy, devoted to justice, and I have a thing for sad characters too. He's sad. Also, his sigil is a lightning bolt. That's cool.

Sorry, but I don't get the whole Stannis thing. The man is rigid, close-minded, and killed his brother. He sacrifices people to some shady god by burning them. And trying to reason with him, i.e. Jon's many attempts, is like talking to a brick wall. And he goes on about justice and honour but sleeps with Melisandre, not only an evil bitch, but also not his wife....however, I love Davos enough to cancel this out. Mostly.

Stannis is just, weel he's trying to fit into this whole game of thrones. He's just doing his duty. In my opinion he just wanted to be lord of Storm's end, but Renly took that away from him.

He's confronted with all sorts of "evidence" of the Lannisters killing his brother and putting a child born out of incest on the throne, he just feels he has to put a stop to this.

I don't think he wants to listen to Mellissandre or his wife, but they're the only way for him to (with his limited forces, florents and 1 pirate come on) make a decent claim for the throne.

Stannis isn't really honorfull, but sticks to his duty and that what must be done (e.g. defending the wall, cutting davos' fingers off,..). he's respectable in my opinion, partially due to Mellissandre and Davos, who are both really great characters.

Jaime Lannister - goodness, the wit on this guy. I love his chapters.

Arya - for all the obvious reasons, she's very difficult not to like.

Sansa's really grown on me too. The whole "my skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel" really helped me gain respect for her. Plus she just has a terrible life, poor girl.

Jon, Brienne, and Bran round out the list.

I used to like Dany, but she's been kind of annoying ever since the end of AGOT -.-

I want to say that every single character is great, in my opinion. However, we all have our favorite characters and mine are:

• Catelyn Tully, huh? Cat? Yes. I understand why she is depressed, and I felt sorry for her all the time.
  • Stannis Baratheon, Davos Seaworth and Melisandre. All three of them are interesting, and I hope to see King Stannis on the Iron Throne.
  • Jaime Lannister, he's become a complex character after he received his own POV. His conversations with Brienne are interesting, hope to see more of them together in the future books.
  • Daenerys Targaryan, her ambitions are great, and I can't wait what will happen when she arrives in Westeros.
  • And my favorite of all character, Sawell Tarly, nothing much to say about him, he's just great.
  • Last but not least, Littlefinger, Petyr Baelisch, King manipulator. He's brilliant. A genius.

As I said, I love all of the characters, The Hound, Varys, Theon Greyjoy, Bran, etc, etc. George R. R. Martin created a realistic world with realistic, living and complex characters.

Oh, and this is my first post and I want to say that I'm completely hooked to A Song of Ice and Fire. I started reading A Game of Thrones in early September, and I'm halfway A Feast For Crows now.

Catelyn (yes I like her, I know not a very popular opinions), she is even one of my favorites. I just find her to be an incredibly strong and brave woman.

The Hound - I find him to be incredibly complex and almost broken

I want to say that every single character is great, in my opinion. However, we all have our favorite characters and mine are:

• Catelyn Tully, huh? Cat? Yes. I understand why she is depressed, and I felt sorry for her all the time.

Other ppl that mentioned The Hound and Catelyn!

The Hound does seem like he has more going on than meets the eye.

Catelyn is actually a very insightful and wise woman, unfortunatly she's turned herself into an outcast. I feel for her having to lose so much.

Dany is my absolute fav

Sansa runs hot and cold for me. I'm hoping, probably in vain, that she'll treat those who have hurt her to some well deserved retribution.

Gendry. Just 'cuz

Ygritte. She's a wild thang.

Dislikes:

Cersei (in an awesome villian kind of way)

Lysa (just...gross)

Ned Stark (not really a dislike, but he can come across as "holier than thou". It's gets to be a bit much... Plus I think he did value his "honor" above his wife and children. Plus what's the deal with Jon that he has to be secretive about? Unless Lyanna swore him to secrecy he's once again just being uptight and holier than thou))

Oh, and Joffrey and especially Theon amoung the dislikes (I knew I forgot some).

I can't stand Theon. Spineless.

I so far like his sister though.

It's weird, but I felt sorry for Theon during his POV's in a Clask of Kings. I think he just wanted to prove himself, but he kept on disappointing himself.

Archived