Davos is just awesome. He's like Ned Stark, but with a much better survival instinct.
Who is/are your favourite character/s so far?
Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:40 PM
Davos is just awesome. He's like Ned Stark, but with a much better survival instinct.
Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:20 PM
I really like Sansa too. Her story is so sad, the innocent young girl who realises in the worst possible ways that life isn't like a song, and that she'll have to be strong to survive.
Arya is brilliant. I've loved her right from the start, her strength and determination.
And I'm starting to really like Jaime and Brienne as well
Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:03 PM
Varys is great. All of his lines border so heavily between honest/mocking. you never know who's side he's truly on, and nobody is safe from his little birds. The Spider knows all.
What Jon chooses to say disappoints me, but I always understand his thought patterns. The fact that his stories take place amongst the greatest threat of all (The Others), make me glad to see his chapter pop up every time.
Barristan the Bold. He's such an OG. I really didn't care for Dany's character in the first 2 books. (Other than her chapter in the House of the Undying.) But adding Barristan to her entourage, and getting glimpses into the real history of her family, adds so much depth to her story. I think it's obvious that in the last 2 books we're going to find out what really went down during Robert's Rebellion.
Bran. I'm glad he's journeying north of the wall. I think his supernatural powers will play a big role in the final books. I wonder if he'll be the one who shows us The Land of Always Winter.
Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:46 PM
I loved Arya and hated Sansa but somwhere trough ACoK they switched places.I just got so upset with Arya when she became so coldblooded.I know she had to but it just bodered me a lot.I was constantly thinking OMG what would Ned say if he saw what she's become.
I don't know how to hide spoiler so be carefull if you heven't red ASoS and beyond
Also I love the Hound and when she put him on her list she broke my heart.I still can't fogive her for that.When she left Westeros to become hired assasin it just got worst,she blamed him for killing a boy he was told attacked a future king,and his job was to protect the little idiot,but now it's ok she kills people she don't even know for money,or whatever.It just makes me soooo mad.Arya remember your father,he's spining in his grave;
Sansa on the other hand became one of my favourite characters,her storyline's very interesting,with everythung that happend in KL,I'm just hoping she gets some happy ending,nothing to sweet but she lost half of her family,give poor girl a break.
In AGoT I loved Tyrion,smart,funny,kind,honorable in his own way and then at the end of AFFC well...I just don't think there is redemption for what he did.And later on he became more emo than Jon.
Fell in love with Jon first time I read his chapter and still am,he's little Ned
Danny was incredible in AGoT,and that book ended soooo good,she got her dragons,but after that everything went downhill.Her storyline became the slowest one and considerind it's not set in Westeros completly unimportant to me,so I just started skipping trough her chapters
Davos is just perfect. I can't find any flaws to his character.
When I started AGoT I couldn't care less about Jaime.When I started ASoS and saw his POV I tought to myself "seven hells,why would I want to know what is in his sick incestuos brain,what? I need to read how he feels when he pushes little boys trough windows" and then I read his POV and now I love the guy and it kills me that I don't see him surviving all the books,or having some sort of happy ending.It just seems to me he'll redeem himself and nobody will know it.
As I mentioned before I love Sandor,my personal favourite,he didn't disappoint me in any moment
Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:07 PM
In addition to these lovely ladies (maybe not in the case of Brienne, lol) I definitely have grown more fond of Jaime, Tyrion and Baristan Selmy. GRRM has created such a colorful cast of characters, it;s hard to choose a favorite!
Forgot to mention Varys, who really shines in ACoK.
Edited by S N Black, 10 June 2012 - 04:12 PM.
Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:06 PM
My favorite characters are (for now at least, I am one chapter away from finishing SOS):
1. The Hound - He's got issues, resulting in refusing the notion of honor and knightly values, yet he is one of the few characters who has acted solely from these virtues from time to time. In a strange, inapproachable manner, that is. I think he is one of the most rich and fascinating characters of the novels so far
2. Arya - Bad - ass kiddos with more courage than wisdom are hard not to like
3. Davos - He's got guts - I mean, it's not likely that Stannis will be able to see the bright side of the advice Davos is giving him as Hand.
4. Sansa - Her perspective on all the political scheming in KL is unique and intriguing. Plus, I think that the will play a big part in future novels.
Honorable mention for Oberyn Martell - can't wait to read more about Dorne and its inhabitants.
Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:06 PM
Sansa, Wow she grew up quick, I have to say I did not like her from the first but since she's all alone on her own in the rough Kings Landing I like her
Davos, I hoped he would survive and good he did, but he acted a little stupid to think he could walk to Stanis, with his mission to kill Melisandre, she is some kind of a witch and it was so clear that she knew it before he made it through the gates
Loads more, some more some less
Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:38 PM
1. Tyrion Lannister: What else can I say? I love his sense of humor. He and I will get along fine.
2, Arya Stark: She is a bad-ass. Love her character development.
3. Petyr Baelish: I think that's how you spell his name. I always have a soft spot for witty villains. I have a lot of fascination and curiosity towards him. I wish I could interview him
4. Jamie Lannister: Turned out to be a pretty cool dude. Love his banters with Brienne. He loves her, it is known.
5. Sandor Clegence: A very much misunderstood character? I hated him at first because he slain Mycah, the butcher's son. But his development with Sansa was rather interesting. I appreciate his effort in protecting Sansa. His journey with Arya had its moments as well. I do hope this won't be the last time I see him.
Edited by AshesAndWine, 13 June 2012 - 05:46 PM.
Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:30 AM
and one just have to love Maester Aemon Targaryen.
Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM
Edited by Chrysophylax, 14 June 2012 - 07:15 PM.
Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:02 AM
Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:36 AM
Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:48 AM
Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:23 PM
Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:31 PM
Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:08 PM
cersei is my favorite villian. i just can't get enough of her insanity.
Edited by jon's nissa, 21 June 2012 - 07:08 PM.
Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:14 AM
I neither like nor dislike the classic heros (Jon, Robb, Dany). Just too plain for me.
Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:44 PM
Think I spoiled myself when I was buying the latest book (I like to have them before I finished the previous ones...) but I'm not saying a word, but only makes me reading ASOS any faster and I will fly through the 4th (7&8 In Germany) as fast as I can to make to ADWD
Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:33 PM
2. Lord Petyr Baelish-Amazing performance by the actor, known from the Wire, but as many could confirm in the books we, as readers, can actually feel the depth into his character. Of course, the word moral doesn`t fit anywhere when we talk about him, but that doesn`t make sense. He has charisma, he is a mastermind and I`m always in love with these type of persons. Littlefinger usually achieves what he wants and doesn`t have any selfrestrictons. He provides information and knows man things and that makes him one of the most dangerous man in ASoIaF. As I`ve mentioned beforehand, I`m still in the fist chapters of the 3rd book of the series, so I`m not quite sure what`s gonna be his destiny, what has indeed Martin have in store for him. As of now he is in charge with Harrenhall, but Bolton has the fortress, so we`ll see.
3.Tyrion Lanister-A plenty of those bloody Lanisters in my fav list... I`m not sure why, but Tyrion is very, very cool. He is a dwarf and I loved hm the firts time I saw him. In GoT he was the bad guy that you`d love to hate if u`re a traditional fan of fantasy, or u1re gonna jum for, if u lreally into the villains, as am I. He isn`t a bad guy. He is a mastermind too, but he has his weaknesses. The story with Shae seems a fine one, but as I`ve understood without wanting to, maybe she is gonna betray him. We`ll see. I hope that he stays into action for quite some time to come. He lives in a pretty nice hedonistic way, he loves to fuck, to dring and to eat. He is for real, even though he is apparently small in size and that he has many fears, he is brave in his one way. King`s landing was kept gracias of him.
4. Daenerys Targarien-Let me start... he is a hot chick, Emilya Clarke makes a nice portrait of her. She is very corageous, passionate, a little bit acting faster than normal, but she`s starting to grow and she gets more & more confident & careful. I wanna see her sit on the Iron throne, hust for a while! Or her children. I love her... dragons / and her tits also/. They`re gonna play a big part in the followin books, I guess.
5. Arya-She is the Kid! Everything that happens around her is intrigying. I also liked very much Jacken. They have chemisrty between each other.