Gendry?

The_Maltese_Wolf

I have to come down on the side Gendry probaly playing an important role in the next book. The last time we see him AFFC he refuses to break bread with Brienne and Co. because he knows that Bwb means to come for her and he does not want to break the rules of hospitality, still has morals. He is at the orphanage becauase protecting children is something worthwhile and because they have a forge there. I believe Thoros of Myr has clued him into his parentage. Probaly will head off to the wall hopefully catching a ride with Ryger and Grell who are also going thier. Thoros will go with him and Gendry will offer his services to Stannis. He never did tell Arya about her Father talking to him or Jon Arryn and Stannis before that, so I don't believe he doesn't know. I see him as a good match for Sansa, Jon will want to get him out of there as fast as possible fearing Stannis means to use for his kingsblood, if Sansa or Arya had contacted Jon by now Jon might suggest a marriage alliance. Sansa would be a better match.

I caught this the other day. Why was he sleeping naked? & weren't there other boys on the same mattress?

“Gendry shared a mattress with two other apprentice smiths. She crouched in the loft for a long time before her eyes adjusted enough for her to be sure that he was the one in the end….he slid out from under the blankets. Naked, he padded across the room, shrugged into a loose roughspin tunic, and climbed down from the loft after her. ”

I think he'll end up forging weapons and armor for some of the more prominent characters; reforging Ice perchance? :rolleyes: Besides, we didn't see him all that long ago, and I believe he's going to learn about his heritage, for whatever good that does... Perhaps he'll keep on roamig with the BWB alongside Jaime or Brienne and would thus be in the vicinity of a POV again.

Ultimately, I hope he'll hook up with Arya. :love:

I think he'll end up forging weapons and armor for some of the more prominent characters; reforging Ice perchance? :rolleyes: Besides, we didn't see him all that long ago, and I believe he's going to learn about his heritage, for whatever good that does... Perhaps he'll keep on roamig with the BWB alongside Jaime or Brienne and would thus be in the vicinity of a POV again.

Ultimately, I hope he'll hook up with Arya. :love:

I don't know about Ice, but I think his probable familiarity with reworking valyrian steel (was the apprentice of the smith who reworked Ice into lannister swords) will somehow play its way into the plot. And I like the idea of him ending up with Arya. Robert always wanted to be with Lyanna, and his son could end up with the most Lyanna-like Stark.

I don't know about Ice, but I think his probable familiarity with reworking valyrian steel (was the apprentice of the smith who reworked Ice into lannister swords) will somehow play its way into the plot. And I like the idea of him ending up with Arya. Robert always wanted to be with Lyanna, and his son could end up with the most Lyanna-like Stark.

Yeah, but he is a mule headed bastard boy, I think Sansa would be a better match and I think Gendry would probaly agree with me if he got to meet Sansa. Could you imagine Stannis telling him that he had to marry her

Stannis: Me and Jon have agreed to have you marry Lady Arya.

Gendry: Her!?

Stannis: Why is there something wrong with her?

Gendry: Yes, I mean.... she hardheaded that one is!

Stannis: Are you saying you wont do it?

Gendry: No... I mean yes I will but I can't gaurantee anything with that one.

Gendry can't handle the little girl at the Inn!, Arya will either marry Tyrion or a Dothraki Khal. Also Sansa is Neds oldest daughter and Gendry is Roberts oldest son that is the marriage thier Fathers wanted, being Lyanna-like doesn't bode well.

Arya will either marry Tyrion or a Dothraki Khal.

A Dothraki Khal? So that she could raped repeatedly? They have no more respect for women than the Ironborn do. Tyrion's track record with women is getting worse as the series goes on btw.

I kind of love the idea that Lord Eddard 's daughter and King Robert's son will join the two houses after two false starts, just this time it's Robert's son by blood instead of his son in name only. I don't Gendry will ever be more than a blacksmith but maybe Jaime's thoughts are prophetic ... Maybe Sansa will marry a blacksmith and have a bunch of kids and forget she was every Stark.

I kind of love the idea that Lord Eddard 's daughter and King Robert's son will join the two houses after two false starts, just this time it's Robert's son by blood instead of his son in name only. I don't Gendry will ever be more than a blacksmith but maybe Jaime's thoughts are prophetic ... Maybe Sansa will marry a blacksmith and have a bunch of kids and forget she was every Stark.

Nice catch, she already seems to forgetting her identity as a Stark, and if Brienne is sent by Lady Stoneheart to find Sansa, Gendry might come along and meet his older sister, Mya.

My opinion is that Gendry has already played his part in the story and that we wont see him again, perhaps only hear from him. I hope I am wrong though, its just that I doubt really that he can contribute to the story moving forward anymore.

A Dothraki Khal? So that she could raped repeatedly? They have no more respect for women than the Ironborn do. Tyrion's track record with women is getting worse as the series goes on btw.

Seriously though. Arya raped? I think there is a better likely hood of Arya raping any guy who tries to rape her.

Seriously though. Arya raped? I think there is a better likely hood of Arya raping any guy who tries to rape her.

Brienne is much more capable of defending herself than Arya and was almost raped.

If Arya was married to Tyrion, an Ironborn, a Dothraki Khal, or anyone who wouldn't treat her well it's likely that she would kill them.

Tyrion wants someone like Tysha. Arya is no Tysha so he would resent her for it.

The repeated thoughts of him being stupid and stubborn and STUPID does sound like a kid's crush.

She seems to say that about everyone who upsets her. She said the same thing to Elmar Frey and about Edric Dayne.

Archived